Villa question

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2013, 01:58 PM
Default Villa question

when one whole side of a patio or courtyard villa is a wall for the neighbor's private yard and the neighbor puts a base down with plants and shrubs the entire length of your wall, is it ever a problem when you want to power wash your siding? Do you just inform him and tell him you will also wash off his plants? Also, just to do the power washing because of the row of plants you would have to stand on his property to not step on flowers... thanks
Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran member

We live in a courtyard villa. When our neighbors had their house power washed, of course, the power washer person had to have access to our yard to do that side of our neighbor's house. They asked if it was OK for someone to come in our yard. Of course we said absolutely. I think if you are pro-active and courteous by asking, you should have no problems.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3puttharry View Post
when one whole side of a patio or courtyard villa is a wall for the neighbor's private yard and the neighbor puts a base down with plants and shrubs the entire length of your wall, is it ever a problem when you want to power wash your siding? Do you just inform him and tell him you will also wash off his plants? Also, just to do the power washing because of the row of plants you would have to stand on his property to not step on flowers... thanks
I make sure the plants I have on the side of my neighbor's villa are small and kept trimmed so they do not touch my neighbors house. I've heard of neighbors getting mold on their house because plants blocked the sunlight. I don't want that to happen to my neighbors. Their house washer is most welcome to come in my yard to do their side wall.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:33 PM
Veteran member

We live in a CYV and I believe that we have a right of way easement to access the side of our home that is gated off by our neighbor for just that reason, inspecting that side of the house, powerwashing, cleaning gutters, etc.

The neighborly and courteous thing to do is to inform your neighbors that you wish to enter their property for maintenance issues. Everyone should be able to accommodate your request.

We had a hot tub delivered and placed it in our backyard. We asked our neighbor if they could park their car so as to not block our access path to the backyard. In CYV's the access to our backyard thru our gate is by going in our neighbor's driveway.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.