VNN

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Founder
Default VNN

I am curious, The Villages News Network is a "BIG" budget item for The Villages. Does anybody really watch it? I know some people who tune in from time to time to see themselves when they have been in a news story. With that much money being spent for a full time cable channel, I hope thousands of people tune in every day and every day and every day.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:33 AM
Default Re: VNN

I think their format is boring. I tune in often to channel 99 on TV for WVLG and the weather. I have been on VNN more then once and no one has admitted seeing me.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:21 PM

The few times I've seen VNN, there's been way too much repetition, so I didn't stay with it very long.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Platinum member

I may tune in in the evening, now and then. But, I have learned that there's nothing new in the second fifteen minutes - just a repeat (note: repeat not rehash; in other words, it's taped) of the first fifteen minutes. And, weekends are worse, because they'll show stuff you saw during the week!
I've been where a VNN cameraman was recording, too, but there's never any way to know when or if the segment will air. And, I'm not about to sit through repetition after repetition in the faint hope that I'll see myself! ;D
Sadly, I rate VNN as a really major disappointment here in TV.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:58 PM

I do not have time to watch it. The few times I have in the past, I agree to the repetition, of which I cna't stand. The clips are too short, not giving the subject matter the time it needs to develop. I think they could use that money budgeted in better places for the residents.
Old 10-21-2007, 01:57 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host
I am curious, The Villages News Network is a "BIG" budget item for The Villages.
In the "old days" when the Village Sun was published only on Thursdays with Recreation info, VNN was basically commercial free and a good source for what was going on in TV. Now VNN, WVLG and The Daily Sun must be doing okay financially, because of advertising revenues. The TV and Radio station are not my first choice for news. The newspaper prints things that are favorable to TV Lifestyle image. About the only time you see otherwise, is when someone spots an Orlando TV Station mobile news van approaching TV.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

VNN makes me sleepy op:
Put me on the radio/TV and I'll give you the latest info with smiles
Handie :joke:
Wait a minute, Donna, didn't you and I once talk about a TOTV radio station??

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.