Golf Cart Ticket

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnieman View Post
It's worth it to take the class. I made the mistake of paying the ticket before I found out about the class and then it was too late.
I forgot to say my ticket was two years ago in my car in Fruitland Park not on the golf cart. It was my only ticket in 40 years. I told the officer that I had never had a ticket before and he said "well you've got a fat one now lady!".
Old 03-22-2013, 08:21 AM
KatieDidNot
Default My 2 Cents...For What it is Worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
I don't think this post is about an underage driver. Perhaps senior drivers should be required to take a drivers test again after they receive a ticket or two. I don't trust any drivers in the Villages, half of them forget they have a blinker on and the other half never look.
I think everyone, no matter the age should be required to take a drivers test again after a ticket or two. I bought my home in December. The day I came to TV to put down a deposit, I was sitting at a stoplight near Rolling Acres. A car plowed into my car going at least 55 according to the police report and shoved my car into another car about 8 feet in front of me. Brand new 2012 vehicle totaled. I was knocked out, my 81 year old Mother was knocked out and was having serious issues breathing, my 80 year old father was fine. The door of the vehicle had to be pulled off by the firemen to get my mother out. I don't remember much from that day...because I went into shock. But, my Mother was in the Villages Hospital for a week, she is still having problems and I won't go near Rolling Acres to this day. I thought I was going to lose her that day.

But what I do remember, in a foggy way, is The Villagers were kind enough to form a circle with their vehicles around us until the Fire Department arrived, they stopped traffic both ways to prevent further injury and some very kind Seniors came and sat with me on the embankment to keep me calm while they were working on my Mom. Several people hugged me and held my hand, and one kind gentleman offered me something to drink. I have no idea who those angels were, but I am eternally grateful for all of them. I am very grateful for their wisdom and assistance.

The Driver of the Vehicle that was at fault was a Nurse, 31 years old and uninsured.

Age is not the issue here. There are people of all ages that should not be driving any sort of vehicle...but I also realize that people make mistakes and stuff happens.

My condolences to the OP...anytime one gets stopped by the police can be rattling. Lesson learned and your experience is one we can all learn from, so thanks for sharing. Just take the class, pay your fine, stop at all stop signs and move on. Life is really too short...you never know when your number is going to get called.

Cheers-Katie
Old 03-22-2013, 08:32 AM
Veteran member

"Have you ever noticed that anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac??!!" -- George Carlin
Old 03-22-2013, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Just to be sure my blood pressure doesn't go up for no reason.

CrummyButtons, are YOU a senior driver? I would guess that in an over 55 community, we would ALL be classified as senior drivers. But maybe you are one of those thirty somethings that slip in from time to time?
Too funny....well yes I guess I'm on the cusp of being a senior. Not 65 yet, have a few years to go. I don't have High Blood Pressure yet either but getting close. Living in the villages sure keeps you on your toes.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummybuttons View Post
Too funny....well yes I guess I'm on the cusp of being a senior. Not 65 yet, have a few years to go. I don't have High Blood Pressure yet either but getting close. Living in the villages sure keeps you on your toes.

If you live here you are a senior and to my grandchildren you are old. So enough already with the making comments about "old" people. Some of us are sensitive for ourselves and for our friends and for our friends, the younger older people like YOU who are going to become older older people.

Girls? I may need you.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
You need to careful what you wish for. Yes we all need to be better at driving our golf carts safely and within the speed limit. However this "sting" operation will become a source of revenue. And once started will continue until The Villages is like Starky and Waldo. Once the revenue stream starts and the money is spent there becomes an insatiable desire for more.
The end result will be; it will be safer to drive in TV.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:07 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieDidNot View Post
I think everyone, no matter the age should be required to take a drivers test again after a ticket or two. I bought my home in December. The day I came to TV to put down a deposit, I was sitting at a stoplight near Rolling Acres. A car plowed into my car going at least 55 according to the police report and shoved my car into another car about 8 feet in front of me. Brand new 2012 vehicle totaled. I was knocked out, my 81 year old Mother was knocked out and was having serious issues breathing, my 80 year old father was fine. The door of the vehicle had to be pulled off by the firemen to get my mother out. I don't remember much from that day...because I went into shock. But, my Mother was in the Villages Hospital for a week, she is still having problems and I won't go near Rolling Acres to this day. I thought I was going to lose her that day.

But what I do remember, in a foggy way, is The Villagers were kind enough to form a circle with their vehicles around us until the Fire Department arrived, they stopped traffic both ways to prevent further injury and some very kind Seniors came and sat with me on the embankment to keep me calm while they were working on my Mom. Several people hugged me and held my hand, and one kind gentleman offered me something to drink. I have no idea who those angels were, but I am eternally grateful for all of them. I am very grateful for their wisdom and assistance.

The Driver of the Vehicle that was at fault was a Nurse, 31 years old and uninsured.

Cheers-Katie
Sorry that happened. Good to hear that no one was killed.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If you live here you are a senior and to my grandchildren you are old. So enough already with the making comments about "old" people. Some of us are sensitive for ourselves and for our friends and for our friends, the younger older people like YOU who are going to become older older people.

Girls? I may need you.

Never be sensitive about your age. I'm proud of mine. I might be 60 but feel like I'm 30. Take a chill pill there. With that said, I'm sure everyone could use a refresher course in driving. You take things too seriously sometimes. Relax, it's a beautiful day in the villages! Now I'm going out driving...lol
Old 03-22-2013, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Gracie does not need advice to take a "chill" pill.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vivian View Post
Has anyone ever fought a ticket received while driving a golf cart? During current "sting" going on, was told I "rolled through" a stop sign. Ticket states I "ran" the stop sign, as if I didn't even bother to slow down or check for traffic. Never a traffic ticket in 45 years now a $166 ticket plus 2 points on license. Also, if a 14 year old can drive a cart without a license, how do 2 points go on a record??
Parent(s) or legal guardian are responsible for any minor which breaks the law! Been on the books for a long time.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Sage

Actually, the home state is notified, and the offender's license may be delayed up to 5 years.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Default No chill pill required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Gracie does not need advice to take a "chill" pill.
Gracie was born with a chill pill in her bloodstream, I marvel at her diplomacy and wisdom . It is something I admire and wish many of us had more of....

Mr. Grampy II
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?" -Satchel Paige
Old 03-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Default Confused!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vivian View Post
Has anyone ever fought a ticket received while driving a golf cart? During current "sting" going on, was told I "rolled through" a stop sign. Ticket states I "ran" the stop sign, as if I didn't even bother to slow down or check for traffic. Never a traffic ticket in 45 years now a $166 ticket plus 2 points on license. Also, if a 14 year old can drive a cart without a license, how do 2 points go on a record??
OP states rolling thru a stop sign, asks about a 14 year old.
I am missing something?
This must have been on a STREET, not a golf cart path?
I assume that a 14 year old can drive on a path, but NOT in the street?

So, apples and oranges?
Chandler, AZ
Battle Creek, MI
Old 03-22-2013, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC View Post
OP states rolling thru a stop sign, asks about a 14 year old.
I am missing something?
This must have been on a STREET, not a golf cart path?
I assume that a 14 year old can drive on a path, but NOT in the street?

So, apples and oranges?
Yes, 14 year old kids can drive a cart on the street.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,447 Posts

Did you know you have to stop behind the stop sign or white painted line across the road and not roll out into the intersection then stop or worse just keep going and confusing everybody guessing are you going to stop or what?. Did you know before your inline at 4 way stop you have to stop first and of course behind the stop sign. Did you know that the person on the right has the right-a-way if you meet at the 3 or 4 way stop at the same time. So don't be susprised if you still get ticket for stopping beyond the stop sign. Any policeman an hang out at any stop sign and give tickets all day long, but most of the time they have more important things to do.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.