Golf cart tied with a car

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2020, 05:51 AM

Plus slow down, follow driving rules.. traffic signs..remember a car is first and bigger then you..car drivers watch out for gift cars..gee new concept everyone pay attention..period.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:12 AM
Sage

And if you don't have long term health care, end up in a vegetative state, you may have to go bankrupt and burden the state with your care--so if you don't wear a seat belt, hope you think out all the consequences

How do I know this, it happened to the Admiral's nephew--has 2% memory capability
Old 01-09-2020, 06:20 AM
Default Safety Belts Are a Must

[QUOTE=Velvet;1708302]When we were on our Lifestyle visit, we came across a golf cart with 2 occupants inside lying on its side on the road. My husband stopped the car and with the help of a couple of passing pedestrians turned the cart right side up with the occupants still inside. They said thank you, and drove off like nothing had happened. They were both wearing seat belts.[/QUOTE

Having been a state trooper for 28 years in Ohio, and conducting countless crashes involving property damage, injury, and fatal's - I can honestly say that I had never unbuckled a dead person. Your chances of surviving a crash, are a hundred times more in your favor if you wear belts. Any argument to the contrary i.e. "belts make me uncomfortable", "I'd rather be thrown from the car instead of being trapped", or any other excuse is just that - an excuse. Wear your belts, your head is no match for concrete.
Old 01-09-2020, 06:46 AM

I can Not agree more. More importantly get a car seat for your toddler grandchildren!!! You may have seen my husband and I riding with a full car seat in the front. I have not seen anybody else do this. We would not do it any other way. Toddlers being held by their parents/grandparents is NOT safe. Invest in a car seat and Use it. Our now four year old grandson (he was 3 last time he visited) Knows the golf cart is Not moving until he is buckled in his car seat! Kids don’t have a choice.(like adults so) It should be a law. This is a topic which arouses great emotion in me. A child is More likely to get injured in a golf cart accident if there is one. Please strap them in, at a minimum, but a car seat is BEST!!
Old 01-09-2020, 06:57 AM

Wouldn’t it best to not run the stop sign?
Old 01-09-2020, 07:30 AM
Veteran member

Its not just carts going fast in parking lots . car drivers are idiots too .
Old 01-09-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
When we were on our Lifestyle visit, we came across a golf cart with 2 occupants inside lying on its side on the road. My husband stopped the car and with the help of a couple of passing pedestrians turned the cart right side up with the occupants still inside. They said thank you, and drove off like nothing had happened. They were both wearing seat belts.
I have belts in my cart and use them regularly, but I’ve often wondered what would happen if my cart fell on its side. Wouldn’t my head still hit the ground? It seems to me that if we really want to be safe we should wear a helmet. There are no side-curtain air bags in golf carts.
Old 01-09-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Everyone's driving way to fast for what ever reason becoming insane around here
Old 01-09-2020, 09:15 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
The OP stated the golf cart ran a stop sign. That person chose to break the law and caused this unfortunate accident. This accident could have been avoided if the rules of the road were obeyed.

From where I sit, the OP was trying to make a point to add seat belts to your golf cart if you don't already have them. That is excellent advice and that is what I came away with from the original post.
IF the golf cart driver ran the stop sign on purpose as the OP says, then I doubt that driver would have been wearing his seatbelt. And seatbelts won’t save you if you take those kinds of risks (running stop signs, speeding, etc). BTW, we do have seatbelts in both our carts and use them.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
You got that right!
Old 01-09-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
[B]
As far as the roadways, the biggest problem is carts in a golf cart lane on a busy street, such as St. Charles, Pinellas or Hillsborough and someone pulls out of a side street and the cart hits the side of the vehicle, just like in the event I described above when a man was killed. I stare at the driver's faces, eyes, and make they see if they see me, and if I'm not sure, I slow down even though I'm in the right and in my lane, 20 mph into the side of a car is bad. It's called defensive driving and I do it in my car as well, that why I've never had an accident and I've been driving since 1965.
This happens when you are riding a bike or motorcycle too. It's probably safest to just assume everybody is trying to kill you and drive appropriately.

Golf cars are designed for golf course speed, not "on the road" speed. Hopping them up to 20mph + changes the handling dynamics. They were not designed for that. They are awesome and I love to drive around as much as the next guy but they aren't toys.
Old 01-09-2020, 10:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
You got that right!
Unsubstantiated opinion and over generalization

In TV, in Florida, and everywhere else there are drivers going 20 over the limit and those going 20 under.
I've said this before, I'd rather deal with the guy going 20 over Either he is ahead of me and I won't catch him, or he will pass from behind and I won't see him again.
It's the bozos going 20 under that create a safety hazard---just watch the show as drivers make unsafe maneuvers to get around them, approach with caution!
Old 01-09-2020, 11:02 AM
Default Retired EMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It was an accident as far as I've read about it. Nowhere did I see it said that the person wanted to or planned to break the law. Everybody wants to obey the rules unfortunately mistakes happen. I wouldn't move my car or any truck I did drive several years back without my seatbelt but choose to not wear the seatbelt in the Golf Cart. I am over the age of 21 and it's my decision and I don't have to explain it to nobody for any reason. It is my personal preference. If you question my judgement hooray for you. It will feel good for a couple of minutes. I wanna be able to bail out if necessary or if we drove into or were force into a pond. Golf Cart Seat Belts aren't for everyone. I had the belts installed for other adults who use my cart.

If you feel like this about my post I don't give a Fig Newton!
It is funny you should say that. : D.O.T. (Department of Transportation) did a Major Survey about carts with and with out seat belts. Their results of this test stated just what you said " Falling (Bale out) was better you leave the cart that to stay in it" Just maybe they should do another survey now. This is why DOT does not require seat belts in a regular golf cart. Maybe street certified should have them. Car are designed to keep people compartment safe if you stay inside it. Cart ahere found to be safer if you leave it. Just some Infor
Old 01-09-2020, 04:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It was an accident as far as I've read about it. Nowhere did I see it said that the person wanted to or planned to break the law. Everybody wants to obey the rules unfortunately mistakes happen. I wouldn't move my car or any truck I did drive several years back without my seatbelt but choose to not wear the seatbelt in the Golf Cart. I am over the age of 21 and it's my decision and I don't have to explain it to nobody for any reason. It is my personal preference. If you question my judgement hooray for you. It will feel good for a couple of minutes. I wanna be able to bail out if necessary or if we drove into or were force into a pond. Golf Cart Seat Belts aren't for everyone. I had the belts installed for other adults who use my cart.

If you feel like this about my post I don't give a Fig Newton!
Fig Newtons, one of my favorite cookies, I have 2 every afternoon, with my coffee.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 01-09-2020, 08:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Fig Newtons, one of my favorite cookies, I have 2 every afternoon, with my coffee.
Then I would like to give you A Fig Newton. Didn't Fig perform in Vegas for years and screw up his face after being trapped in a golf cart because of a seatbelt after an accident? He sure could sing but he was so ugly after the plastic surgery he could make a train take a dirt road.

It was an ACCIDENTE!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, ran, life, asap--you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.