Veteran member
Default Fyi

Golf Cart Citation Story | Inside The Bubble
Old 05-11-2019, 10:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Are the ones going 22 or 23 any “less illegal” then the ones going 35? Either you’re a violator or not a violator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The point is 22 or 23 can be argued in court of law where calibration of radar could come in to question. Where 35 plus no argument. So, same could be said going 120 on interstate where the speed limit 70. Most likely you will get arrested. IMO going 30 plus in golf cart/LSV is just as criminal.
Old 05-12-2019, 05:16 AM

I got cussed out by a man in a cart when I was going over the golf cart bridge into the historical section.

I am not that comfortable going over the bridge so I go over cautiously. After getting to the bottom, the man yelled, “You are going too GD slow”.

This happened to me last week. My usual rely to jerks is to say under my breath, “Bless his/her heart.” I was too rattled that day to even say that.

Some people have hate in their heart. I choose not to be one of them.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You know when your're going around the Round About on Morse close to 441. It is infinitely possible and likely that you could easily have a Newbie coming at you at some point in the Roundabout. Leave Common Sense out of it. It happens on a regular basis. The entire operation is far from clearly marked. I don't struggle but many others do. I have called in the specific Stop signs and OneWay Arrows that are missing. Even took the time to put it in writing and bring it to the Office in LSL. This was about 3 months ago. I know they are busy but come on!

When going around that particular spot in the Golf Cart when I get to the middle position I make no eye contact with the cars that are passing thru as their favor of letting me go could cause me harm. I also park in the middle so no other cart can park beside me, thats a new one, happened twice this week while going to the Santa Baraba Doctors offices. That is a very very dangerous area. It's amazing how many people don't use their BLINKERS.
I would imagine the proper place to request street signs for that area would be Lady Lake Public Works Dept, not The Villages.
Old 05-12-2019, 06:46 AM
Sage

Putting it in writing was a good idea.Taking it to LSL , not so much. They are COUNTY owned roads. You need to contact county DOT.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:20 AM
Veteran member

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure a "golf cart" can't exceed 19.5 MPG and a "LSV" 24.5 MPG, but I can't remember the exact FL statue.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,463 Times in 3,089 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You know when your're going around the Round About on Morse close to 441. It is infinitely possible and likely that you could easily have a Newbie coming at you at some point in the Roundabout. Leave Common Sense out of it. It happens on a regular basis. The entire operation is far from clearly marked. I don't struggle but many others do. I have called in the specific Stop signs and OneWay Arrows that are missing. Even took the time to put it in writing and bring it to the Office in LSL. This was about 3 months ago. I know they are busy but come on!

When going around that particular spot in the Golf Cart when I get to the middle position I make no eye contact with the cars that are passing thru as their favor of letting me go could cause me harm. I also park in the middle so no other cart can park beside me, thats a new one, happened twice this week while going to the Santa Baraba Doctors offices. That is a very very dangerous area. It's amazing how many people don't use their BLINKERS.
My turn signal on my golf cart beeps to let me know it's on, which is awesome. But it's SOOOOO loud, it sounds like the back-up beepers. So if I'm turning I use it so everyone knows I'm going to turn - but if I'm turning from an actual "turn lane" I don't use it. The fact that I'm in that lane should be sufficient warning that I'm planning on turning. Sitting at a traffic light with that thing beeping into my brain is tolerable once per trip. I can't handle more than that!

Other than that kind of situation, I use my turn signal. And of course I remember to turn it off after I turn because of that dag-blasted beep pestering me til I do!
Old 05-12-2019, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I would imagine the proper place to request street signs for that area would be Lady Lake Public Works Dept, not The Villages.
You would think so and so did I so I went to a Villager who has lived here on Schwartz since the very beginning and went with his guidance. He is normally on the money with his advice. The people at The Villages office gladly accepted my suggestion and had someone come out to make sure they were Chrystally Clear about exactly where the trouble spots were. I was very pleased that someone cared enough to speak with me. Maybe its the first job on Monday?
Old 05-12-2019, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
It’s just like driving a car. You pass slowpokes
My cart will not exceed 20 mph on flat land. I get passed quite a bit. Am I considered a "slow poke"?
Old 05-12-2019, 07:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,165 Times in 1,926 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
My turn signal on my golf cart beeps to let me know it's on, which is awesome. But it's SOOOOO loud, it sounds like the back-up beepers. So if I'm turning I use it so everyone knows I'm going to turn - but if I'm turning from an actual "turn lane" I don't use it. The fact that I'm in that lane should be sufficient warning that I'm planning on turning. Sitting at a traffic light with that thing beeping into my brain is tolerable once per trip. I can't handle more than that!

Other than that kind of situation, I use my turn signal. And of course I remember to turn it off after I turn because of that dag-blasted beep pestering me til I do!
I use my blinkers (directionals) all the time. They are silent but they are self cancelling......just like a car self cancels after a turn.
Old 05-12-2019, 09:13 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Mine does a flat 20 on a level road, downhill, 27 tops, but I don't let it go that fast.

Laughter is the best medicine, unless you're being treated for Shingles
Old 05-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobnBev View Post
Mine does a flat 20 on a level road, downhill, 27 tops, but I don't let it go that fast.
That's an interesting point. The statute states the the golf cart cannot be CAPABLE of exceeding 20mph. I wonder if some officer having a bad day could cite you for free-rolling downhill at 27mph. I'm talking "technicality" obviously because there would never be a speed trap set at the bottom of a hill (except in NJ).
Old 05-13-2019, 05:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Clear the roads...................I'm heading over to Belle Glade this morning to plan a crappy golf course and I'm going to pass every golf cart along the way.
Old 05-13-2019, 07:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbkmaine View Post
Or, if you are being tailgated, you can pull over onto the grass and let them pass. I do this because I find it less nerve-wracking than someone breathing down my neck.
thats my answer as well......
Old 05-13-2019, 09:06 AM

My 2019 stock Yamaha PTV Drive 2 does 20 mph stock. It said the speed was set to 19.5 mph. Checked it on a gps and it was exactly 20 mph. It can be adjusted to go a lot faster, but not advised, due to heavier wear and reliability. Pass if allowed and it can be done safely.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, passing, carts, mph-have, bailey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.