Golf carts Passing

Closed Thread
Old 05-11-2019, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Can almost tell who's cart exceeds and who's cart doesn't just by reading the posts. Rationalizing behavior is embedded in several also.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-11-2019, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Do you think a golf cart passing 3 other carts is doing slightly more than 20 mph-have seen this often on St Charles & Bailey Tr.

I was going down side street in my car where the speed limit was 30 MPH. I was going 30 MPH when in the diamond lane a golfer passed me on the right going 35 plus. I do I know it was golfer? Golf clubs on back of the cart. IMO golfers are the most who violate the law where it be regular golf cart or LSV golf cart. Lots of them go well over 25 MPH. Which, don't beat the one on day when I was Going up BV by saddle brook, in left lane a jacked up Par car with large wheels going 40 MPH. how do I know this I was in the right lane going 38 and got passed. These are the DA's that need to get caught, but it's usually the ones going 22 or 23 IMO. Never the worst Violators which gives majority of us using golf carts that follow the recommended speed limits. .
Old 05-11-2019, 11:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

How about Golf Carts Passing through the Exit Du Jour from The Historical Section to The Mainland. I had the opportunity to ask one person why they actually do it? Its because the chance of getting caught is slight and to them the benefit is great. Whatareyougonnado? I'd ticket them but I'm not Barney Fife. The man said if he did get caught the ticket is cheaper than making his cart street legal. It was a Gas Yamaha, that can't happen. Oh Well!
Old 05-11-2019, 11:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Can almost tell who's cart exceeds and who's cart doesn't just by reading the posts. Rationalizing behavior is embedded in several also.

That’s easy. I’d bet 90% are “capable of.” I am regularly passed by “golf carts” in the diamond lane while I am legally driving 25 on the street. They like to show they can go fast without paying the insurance and registration fees.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I was going down side street in my car where the speed limit was 30 MPH. I was going 30 MPH when in the diamond lane a golfer passed me on the right going 35 plus. I do I know it was golfer? Golf clubs on back of the cart. IMO golfers are the most who violate the law where it be regular golf cart or LSV golf cart. Lots of them go well over 25 MPH. Which, don't beat the one on day when I was Going up BV by saddle brook, in left lane a jacked up Par car with large wheels going 40 MPH. how do I know this I was in the right lane going 38 and got passed. These are the DA's that need to get caught, but it's usually the ones going 22 or 23 IMO. Never the worst Violators which gives majority of us using golf carts that follow the recommended speed limits. .
Are the ones going 22 or 23 any “less illegal” then the ones going 35? Either you’re a violator or not a violator.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"If one has no sense of humor, one is in trouble."
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 05-11-2019, 11:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Looks like people who read my post, didn't bother reading ALL of my post, OR the post I posted after that telling the person who said I was wrong, was right. Basic math coming up - sets and subsets.

IF (the set of people who wish to drive as fast as the max legal limit of a non-street-legal golf cart)

occurs when (the set of people who drive several MPH under the max legal limit of a non-street-legal golf cart)

THEN

(the set of people who drive several MPH under the max legal limit of a non-street-legal golf cart) might be courteous and slow down even more,
AND drive far to the right

SUCH THAT

(the set of people who wish to drive up to the max speed limit for non-street-legal golf carts) can pass them safely and legally

WHEN IT IS LEGAL TO DO SO

I think I've covered pretty much everything now.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:54 PM
Veteran member

I’m about to run out of popcorn!
Old 05-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
The most annoying thing for me is when my speedometer shows I'm going 20 mph, and somebody who can go 21 mph gets on my tail and slowly passes me over the next 2 minutes.
I agree, it’s annoying. However, if I slow down when they start to pass they get by much faster.

I have a cart that won’t go over 20. If I get behind someone going 18 or better I just can’t pass them.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
I'll go get the Popcorn but its gonna take a while at 20 MPH! Sorry,
Old 05-11-2019, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

I’m in the cart behind you, going slow cause I’m just learning to golf cart...
Old 05-11-2019, 03:19 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,232 Times in 419 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Down Sized View Post
Hold on. I popping some right now.
Old 05-11-2019, 03:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
I’m in the cart behind you, going slow cause I’m just learning to golf cart...
Good for you. Don't let a Clown behind you shake you up. They forget we were all new at one time. They are the one with the problem that's why they are in the back!
Old 05-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
Good for you. Don't let a Clown behind you shake you up. They forget we were all new at one time. They are the one with the problem that's why they are in the back!

They should've gotten an earlier start!

That said though - if you're slower than the guy behind you, and that guy is just trying to do the speed limit (in whatever vehicle, on whatever path, in whatever circumstance), and you are able to safely pull to the right and allow that guy to pass, it's probably a good idea to just do that.
Old 05-11-2019, 07:09 PM

How about a guy who when I come to a street to cross, I stop before crossing, but this guy passes me through the entrance side of the path without stopping? He's either stupid, drunk or drunk!
Old 05-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeriteri View Post
How about a guy who when I come to a street to cross, I stop before crossing, but this guy passes me through the entrance side of the path without stopping? He's either stupid, drunk or drunk!
You know when your're going around the Round About on Morse close to 441. It is infinitely possible and likely that you could easily have a Newbie coming at you at some point in the Roundabout. Leave Common Sense out of it. It happens on a regular basis. The entire operation is far from clearly marked. I don't struggle but many others do. I have called in the specific Stop signs and OneWay Arrows that are missing. Even took the time to put it in writing and bring it to the Office in LSL. This was about 3 months ago. I know they are busy but come on!

When going around that particular spot in the Golf Cart when I get to the middle position I make no eye contact with the cars that are passing thru as their favor of letting me go could cause me harm. I also park in the middle so no other cart can park beside me, thats a new one, happened twice this week while going to the Santa Baraba Doctors offices. That is a very very dangerous area. It's amazing how many people don't use their BLINKERS.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, passing, carts, mph-have, bailey

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.