Golf Carts Signal Lights

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2021, 06:50 AM
Default Golf Carts Signal Lights

After I purchased my golf cart 10 years ago I had an audible signal light indicator installed so I wouldn’t accidentally leave my signal light on like we see with so many drivers. The audible beep works fine except when I have my lights turned on. With the lights on it will only beep if I am going full throttle. Coming to a stop it might beep once every 10 seconds or so. It seems like the beeper might work off a capacitor or the beeper may be wired incorrectly. Any ideas?
Old 12-07-2021, 10:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddin View Post
After I purchased my golf cart 10 years ago I had an audible signal light indicator installed so I wouldn’t accidentally leave my signal light on like we see with so many drivers. The audible beep works fine except when I have my lights turned on. With the lights on it will only beep if I am going full throttle. Coming to a stop it might beep once every 10 seconds or so. It seems like the beeper might work off a capacitor or the beeper may be wired incorrectly. Any ideas?
First check your battery as it maybe getting weak. If you have a digital voltmeter measure the voltage going to the turn signals. Here is what I think the problem is: the voltage is slightly low going to your beeper. This can be due to: a weak battery, a problem with the wiring, additional load (lights etc.) that were installed. I have seen this on 1 or 2 carts for both of the above problems.
Hope this helps. Feel free to send me a PM if you want to discuss over the phone.

Tags
signal, lights, beep, golf, light

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.