Golf Course Flow Management

Closed Thread
Old 03-11-2013, 07:36 AM
Default Golf Course Flow Management

What's the story? I have a few groups that play golf. We usually start around 11:45 two or three times a week. Without exception every time we start the second nine, groups are put in front of us. This really destroys the continuity. We wait for fifteen to twenty minutes. I have been a member at several golf communities and have never experienced this "feature"! Looks like $$$ is #1 and much more important than priority golf management!
Old 03-11-2013, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladila2 View Post
What's the story? I have a few groups that play golf. We usually start around 11:45 two or three times a week. Without exception every time we start the second nine, groups are put in front of us. This really destroys the continuity. We wait for fifteen to twenty minutes. I have been a member at several golf communities and have never experienced this "feature"! Looks like $$$ is #1 and much more important than priority golf management!
This is what happens when you have more golfers than you have courses and don't pay like you probably did back in Long Island for a private club membership. The buck is probably the bottom line for everything, most everywhere.

By the way, as you must know, a "wave" goes off at 12:56.

The estimated playing time for nine is two hours and ten minutes on priority courses and if you play well and fast, you will have several groups allowed in front of you at the turn. This will be better of course after the high season is over, but you have been here long enough to know that.

The golf here is assuredly different than many of us have experienced at any private country club back home....but it is cheaper too.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-11-2013 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Can't understand how you play at 11:45 when the afternoon wave at all courses except Palmer doesn't start until 11:56. If you start near the beginning of the afternoon wave you are very likely to get to the back nine before the last group of the afternoon wave (1:56) tees off. These groups were not put in front of you, they are simply teeing off at their assigned time. Assume you must be scratch golfers if a short wait destroys continuity so easily.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:11 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,017 Times in 1,205 Posts

9 hole players go off between 1:30 and 2:00 so they go off in front on the people making the turn. $$
Old 03-11-2013, 06:52 PM

9 hole players have tee times the same as 18 hole players.They have a right to the tee box at their assigned times.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:59 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chili557 View Post
9 hole players have tee times the same as 18 hole players.They have a right to the tee box at their assigned times.
Exactly.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:47 AM
Sage

AT THE GOOD GOLF SCHOOL, you learn about the wave/turn system. It appears that you are booking between waves, so the people turning from the morning wave appear to be ahead of you. Be careful when requesting t-times to book within the wave for your desired course. The wave times may vary slightly from course to course.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:34 AM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,017 Times in 1,205 Posts

I agree with you on 9 hole tee times. I was just stating how the 1156 wave gets held up on the turn. They schedule 9 hole tee times between the waves and if you finish in less than two hours you have to wait. I in no way meant that 9 hole tee times were bad.
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I'm pretty sure you catch the wave, and those on the wave have to get through first!!!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemorkam View Post
I agree with you on 9 hole tee times. I was just stating how the 1156 wave gets held up on the turn. They schedule 9 hole tee times between the waves and if you finish in less than two hours you have to wait. I in no way meant that 9 hole tee times were bad.
The 9 hole tee times from 1:32 thru 1:56 are not scheduled "in between the waves", they are actually part of the 11:56 - 1:56 (PM) wave. 18 hole round players also use these times. Everyone should know the last tee time in the PM is 1:56 and it's not going to change so they just have to pace themselves accordingly.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:41 PM
Gold member
Wink Tee Times

Quote:
There is something wrong with your story. As far as I know, there are no 11:45 tee times. The second wave of the day starts at 11:56. The last tee time of the wave is 1:56. If the 11:56 players play their first 9 holes in less than 2 hours, they will usually have to wait until that 1:56 tee time has started.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Gold member
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is what happens when you have more golfers than you have courses and don't pay like you probably did back in Long Island for a private club membership. The buck is probably the bottom line for everything, most everywhere.

By the way, as you must know, a "wave" goes off at 12:56.

The estimated playing time for nine is two hours and ten minutes on priority courses and if you play well and fast, you will have several groups allowed in front of you at the turn. This will be better of course after the high season is over, but you have been here long enough to know that.

The golf here is assuredly different than many of us have experienced at any private country club back home....but it is cheaper too.
The seond wave starts at 11:56
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.