Golf course view sites

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 06:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,858 Times in 784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by molddude View Post
My wife my wife and I have been looking for a pre-existing home on a golf site lot and we're wondering is there any possibility that the golf course, especially a championship course, could be sold for something else in the future? Would love to hear people's thoughts.
A friend of ours in Orlando was just told that they are discontinuing the golf course which he sits upon.
In brief, the golf courses are all crucial to The Village's outstanding flood control design. They flood before houses flood, and when it rains, they soak up and grain away huge amounts of water. That’s why the houses don’t flood. If the golf courses were replaced with houses, the water control system would be damaged. So it isn’t going to happen. Don’t worry about it. Just because a country club is torn down doesn’t mean the golf course is closing. It’s still there.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:18 AM
Default Pre owned w view

Hi,
What price range are you looking in?I can help you find it.
Thanks,
Jana

Last edited by JanaR; 02-22-2021 at 07:43 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:26 AM

Under 500K
Old 02-22-2021, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Under 500K
Rotsa ruck
Old 02-22-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
My wife my wife and I have been looking for a pre-existing home on a golf site lot and we're wondering is there any possibility that the golf course, especially a championship course, could be sold for something else in the future? Would love to hear people's thoughts.
A friend of ours in Orlando was just told that they are discontinuing the golf course which he sits upon.
Just an FYI. Most golf courses in the villages are golf courses because the land is not buildable due to easements, tension wires, drainage fields and unstable soil. The engineering in the Villages is great. If I was in the market for a golf course lot I would not be worried. But then again a great lawyer once told me
“It would never happen in a million years”. Well guess what?
Old 02-22-2021, 07:58 AM

There are 2 homes in our fairly new Marsh Bend neighborhood surrounded by holes 1, 2, 7, 8, and 9 of the Lowlands executive course. This new home has a view of the pond on the 2nd hole fairway and tee box.
Share This Home https://www.thevillages.com/homefinder/#/S25V.46

Over the last 2 years when lots were available, some we're snapped up minutes after being listed, and sold for almost $300K. Yes, just the lot!

There's one other resale in the neighborhood for $785K.

Use The Villages app to find many, many possible options. New and resale homes, as well as a few buildable lots south of 44.
--------------------------------------------
We live in interesting times

Last edited by M2inOR; 02-22-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts
Default Golf Is Becoming Less Popular

Golf is a decidedly less popular sport among younger people. Courses and clubs are closing and going out of business at an alarming rate up north. It will be those people with less interest in the sport that will be moving to The Villages. You can figure out an answer to your question.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:10 AM

You are correct, about the closing of courses up North, but the subset of people coming to the Villages should be a much higher in favor of golf. Maybe 50-50 who like golf vs a normal 90-10 ratio.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor111947 View Post
There are no guarantees that the view you have today will be there tomorrow. It’s a chance you take.
Having said that - check out VLS#232390 - great Executive golf course view of Southern Star and a pool situated on a cul-de-sac. ������
That's an awfully small house for that kind of money. It looks like most of that money is going for view.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:56 AM

Take a look at what is happening to Hacienda. The outcome is not know yet, but the Club House is gone.
Old 02-22-2021, 08:58 AM

No regulation Golf Courses built south of 44. ?????
Old 02-22-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamley View Post
No regulation Golf Courses built south of 44. ?????
There is a new Championship Course being constructed south of 44 near the Sawgrass Grove area. This is a course that will NOT have a club house.

There are several videos and articles on The Villages website as well as articles in the Daily Sun newspaper.

Other videos and articles show potential plans for 2 more Championship courses on the west side of the turnpike, south of Monarch Grove which is also south of 44. Very few details for these at the present time.

Don Wiley also has several videos and commentary at his GoldWingNut YouTube channel.
We live in interesting times
Old 02-22-2021, 09:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,020 Times in 5,321 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
Golf is a decidedly less popular sport among younger people. Courses and clubs are closing and going out of business at an alarming rate up north. It will be those people with less interest in the sport that will be moving to The Villages. You can figure out an answer to your question.
Thinking the same thing. Might be safe for next 20 years but if they ever stop building new homes down south they might decide a few less golf course will be needed for residents.
Old 02-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Thinking the same thing. Might be safe for next 20 years but if they ever stop building new homes down south they might decide a few less golf course will be needed for residents.
And then what would be done with the water during a tropical storm?
Old 02-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I don't know what golf course course lots sell for now, probably $175K. In my village in 2011 on Odessa Circle lots fronting an executive, Yankee Clipper sold for $135K and they sold out within a year. I'm sure a championship course like Cane Garden five minutes down the road, if the developer decided to build homes on the fairway, I'm sure there would several lawsuits filed immediately if this was attempted.

If the developer needed to sell something else, for one he owns 2700 acres on his compound on the northside of 466 between the polo fields on the west side and Tierra Del Sol on the east. There was talk a couple of years ago they would buy a 10 acre horse farm NW of TV and develop that land. I have seen two of the homes on the compound sell within the last couple of years, one included a couple of acres and other included about ten acres, they sold for a couple of million a piece. They had entrances directly off 466, so the owners wouldn't have to come through the rest of the property to reach their home.

Google Maps

I recently through a friend that I regularly stay in touch with was contacted by someone we both knew. He along with his brother purchased and live on 168 wild acres in North Carolina. Each own half of it. Sounds great, till I think. Work? Security? People trespassing? Etc Etc Etc. Far different than the choice I/we have made. You can choose to be happy or not anywhere.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, wife, peoples, future, sits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.