Golf course view sites

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 10:20 AM
Veteran member

They didn't tear up the golf course at Hacienda Hills, so your view is still there. Don't worry. We have lived on an executive course for 11 years and even though we have to put up with some (very few) rude golfers who think they own the private property along the course, we love it. Sunsets every night, great 180 degree views, no noisy or nosey neighbors, and a pool. We enjoy talking to the golfers and serve champagne if we see anyone get a hole-in-one. Only happened 2 times in 11 years at our hole. Don't worry about the golf course closing. They got enough vacant land to build .
Old 02-22-2021, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
In brief, the golf courses are all crucial to The Village's outstanding flood control design. They flood before houses flood, and when it rains, they soak up and grain away huge amounts of water. That’s why the houses don’t flood. If the golf courses were replaced with houses, the water control system would be damaged. So it isn’t going to happen. Don’t worry about it. Just because a country club is torn down doesn’t mean the golf course is closing. It’s still there.
WRONG. Drainage, and pumps. Taking care of now!
Old 02-22-2021, 10:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
Where do they pump the water?........where does the drainage go?
Old 02-22-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

never say never

but it's very unlikely you'd lose your golf course view.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddymac View Post
WOW! Opinion or ?
Old 02-22-2021, 11:22 AM

I agree with the assumption that there is only a miniscule chance that any golf course will disappear in our lifetimes.

However I can vouch for one danger. We paid an additional $60,000 lot premium for "water view". (I live on blue tee box, #2 hole, Erin Glenn nine, Nancy Lopez course.) There is a large pond visible from almost anywhere in the home. For five years it was beautiful and worth every cent. Then it developed a sink hole. Instead of pouring cement into the "throat" and actually fix it, during every dry season, the developer put three loads of sand into the same hole, every year for ten years. Then the developer said the heck with it and left an ugly hole full of weeds and mud.

If you check your deed, the developer has included the fact that any lot premium, charged for your specific view, IS NOT GUARANTEED to remain.
Old 02-22-2021, 11:42 AM

Can we spell hacienda? Haven't heard selling the course but the developer does own them.
Old 02-22-2021, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Look no further than Hacienda Hills. The hit you in the head message is BUYER BEWARE. One would no be considered smart to even consider paying a premium to buy a lot/home on a Championship Course after the very dangerous president has been established. Today’s golf course view can very quickly become tomorrow’s view of a multi story rental apartment complex. Good luck with that : (
The golf course is still a golf course, the country club building, pool and golf shop will now be apartments, not the golf courses. So, buy on a championship golf course but away from the country club building and pool and you'll be fine.
Old 02-22-2021, 01:32 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamley View Post
No regulation Golf Courses built south of 44. ?????
Wrong. They are building one south of 44 as we speak and it has been under construction for a few months at least. It was just noted in the paper today that they started on the maintenance building for it. There is also at least one more going in, one of them is 18 holes and the other is 27, don't know which is which.
Old 02-22-2021, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Molddude, do a search on this site for comments regarding golf course and for that matter water view lots. While there were both positive and negative comments, the one that sticks out is these are subject to CHANGE. We have a lot with a very nice view to the rear, we traded the concept of a kissing lanai for a road. Yes we have some road noise nothing unbearable, even with the sliders open. We have lots of privacy, the people going by have to keep their eyes on the road. The house on the other side are villas, behind a very nice 7 foot wall. My point is depending on what you are looking for there are alternatives.
Be sure to look at the comments I mentioned above, there are probably several you may not have thought of.
Hello- i have tried to search - perhaps I am in wring place but I have tried to
Goto Menu>Search>Search forums
I put in a word in the box that is there and I get nothing??
Would you kindly give me steps to take?
TY
Old 02-22-2021, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcica@aol.com View Post
Hello- i have tried to search - perhaps I am in wring place but I have tried to
Goto Menu>Search>Search forums
I put in a word in the box that is there and I get nothing??
Would you kindly give me steps to take?
TY
The way I search is click on the box at the top of this page that is labeled 'search', don't need no menu, and when the search page comes up, type in search words you're looking for on the box on the left side, it will say 'keywords'. Don't bother with selecting the forum or anything else.

Another way that works even better sometimes is using google, it will work on any website or message board.

Go to google, my chrome browser is google search, so I just type in the address bar of the browser, it's automatically connected to google search. Type in 'talkofthevillages.com: and then what you're searching for' and hit enter.

Here's the search page on this site

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/search.php
Old 02-22-2021, 04:16 PM

I golf Mira Mesa on ladies day and have seen for sale signs on a couple of the properties facing that course. No idea of pricing, but they look to be in nice locations and good condition.
Old 02-22-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molddude View Post
Under 500K
Do you realize that the Villages charges a lot premium of around &300k for a golf course frontage lot? If you find a house for $500k it will be in real bad shape.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmarlow View Post
Do you realize that the Villages charges a lot premium of around &300k for a golf course frontage lot? If you find a house for $500k it will be in real bad shape.
That's the current prices, every year they have gone up. In 2011 in the village where I live, Tamarind Grove, the golf course lots on Southern Star Executve were $135K extra. Most of the homes on Odessa Circle which is where the lots are located, sell in the $500K to $550K range. These homes are slightly less than ten years old, yet are only 3-1/2 miles from LSL and 3-1/2 miles from Brownwood, and have 7 championship golf courses within a 20 minute golf cart ride, and Glenview is 25 minutes and Lopez is 40 minutes. There are 16 executive courses within a 15 golf cart ride. Can't ask for better.

When these home were new in 2011 on Odessa Circle, there was 88 lots and they surrounded Southern Star Executive course. About half were on the golf course and about half were non golf course lots up against the villa walls. Many of the homes were spec built by the developer because homes were selling so quickly in 2011, they couldn't hardly keep up with the demand. The non-golf course homes when new sold in the $250K to $325K range, and the homes on the golf course sold in the $325K to $425K range.

If you try and find one now, there is currently just one home for sale on Southern Star Executive, and that home has every option available. It's also the most expensive home I've seen in my ten years for sale in Tamarind Grove. They're asking $729K, but it has the golf course frontage, birdcage pool and every other upgrade available. Without the pool and without so many extras, you can find homes in the $500K range quite often on Odessa Circle on the golf course, and also in Buttonwood on the three executive courses they have. Here's that listing so you have an idea of where Odessa Circle is located.

Homefinder - The Villages(R) Homes and Villas for Sale
Old 02-22-2021, 07:35 PM
Platinum member
Location: Here, there, a lot of time in the Caribbean and keys, not much time spent in cold climates
Thanked 1,730 Times in 738 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Life is too short. I wouldn't worry about it.

For exactly the same reason, I would "worry" about it.... not actually "worry", but certainly give careful thought to the process (interesting comment on country club courses vrs. executive courses might be worth consideration). We built in the estates community of our country club in Illinois many years ago. Fortunately, we enjoyed our location on the golf course, ability to view tournaments from our screened deck, etc. But, one day we, and our neighbors in that section, got the "news" that the championship course we were on was to be "repurposed" (?) to "luxury" country estates condos with an HOA so high it even covered the substantial annual country club dues, as well as other amenities. Although we moved before the the monstrosity was built, leaving one championship course and two executive 9 hole layouts, the value of our property, and the "view" of this to be high rise "luxury" building (the term was to fool the idiots into thinking this would enhance their property values...LOL !) But, we "lost" approximately $100K in "value" when we were not longer on one of the championship courses of our club. This is YOUR retirement dream, the only one you get, choose carefully, as someone noted above, how would those who bought lots and built homes near the beautiful Hacienda Hill CC, course, pool, spa, and dining room ever guess they would be facing a multi-age, multi-income, high rise... money does indeed
TALK. Some here used to gaze on peaceful, soothing, buffalo herds grazing, now while some would not like that, many did, they now gaze at the block backs of buildings and plazas... choose carefully, you can't dodge ALL the bullets ever, but do your home work as best you can !

Last edited by Pairadocs; 02-22-2021 at 07:43 PM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, wife, peoples, future, sits

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.