Golf courses should be closed?

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook
Default Golf courses should be closed?

What will it take to close down the courses. I don't totally believe that it is safer playing golf that sitting 6 ft away from another diner in a restaurant. I personally made a decision to stop playing until things get sorted out. I seem to be in the minority.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Today Show had a doctor on this morning talking about this very subject. Golf, Tennis, those type sports are safe, he recommended no basketball or football. The Villages already stated if you don't want to touch the flag or touch a rake, that's fine, in fact leaving the flag in is kind of normal now.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Today Show had a doctor on this morning talking about this very subject. Golf, Tennis, those type sports are safe, he recommended no basketball or football. The Villages already stated if you don't want to touch the flag or touch a rake, that's fine, in fact leaving the flag in is kind of normal now.

Where's that stated..?
Friend of mine is an ambassador he said he received no notice of that change
Old 03-22-2020, 09:29 AM

Also there is no restriction on riding solo in your own cart. We are now playing with four carts per foursome. No water available on the course in the containers at the tees or on the ambassador's carts. Take your own water for hydration.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:32 AM
Veteran member
Smile

I did not state that anyone was right or wrong to play. Just stated my decision, maybe too conservative? Remember all doctors are "practicing" medicine.
Old 03-22-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

The rules are always for the other guy. Yesterday all day I got to watch neighborhood groups congregate after the 18th green and do sociables. Some groups were 4 to 5 foursomes. There in is the problem. Big Brother must shutdown the golf courses because the selfish do not have enough brains to protect themselves.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The rules are always for the other guy. Yesterday all day I got to watch neighborhood groups congregate after the 18th green and do sociables. Some groups were 4 to 5 foursomes. There in is the problem. Big Brother must shutdown the golf courses because the selfish do not have enough brains to protect themselves.
Or others......
Old 03-22-2020, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
What will it take to close down the courses. I don't totally believe that it is safer playing golf that sitting 6 ft away from another diner in a restaurant. I personally made a decision to stop playing until things get sorted out. I seem to be in the minority.
Let me see if I understand this right..... You personally made a decision to stop playing and you don't think anyone else should be afforded the same right. Is that correct? You can do what you want but nobody else can?
Old 03-22-2020, 10:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Let me see if I understand this right..... You personally made a decision to stop playing and you don't think anyone else should be afforded the same right. Is that correct? You can do what you want but nobody else can?
That is NOT what I said. Everyone has the right to make the same decision that I did. I just stated that I seem to be in the minority. Look at men's day on executive courses and it seems to be as many playing as ever on Churchill and de la Vista.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Our foursome have been following all the suggested non contact guidelines as some people have stated on here from the starters not handling your ID card to not congregating after play. Separate carts, we don't touch each others equipment,flag sticks, or anything else. Bring gloves to handle a sand rake or better yet don't put your balls in the bunkers!
Old 03-22-2020, 11:00 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Let me start by saying I made a mistake. I looked at the Saturday tee sheets for execs on Friday night. I found a nearby course that after 5:15, had two 2 somes booked and all other times open until 6:56pm. I booked a spot for 2 golfers at 6pm. When we arrived there were quite a few carts in the area. I saw the tee sheet as I talked to the starter and there were alot of write ins. I noticed we were paired with a 2 some that called in. I told the starter check us in, X us out or do whatever you had to do, we were not playing with unknown to us people. He was quite ill about us not playing.
Let me head off some of you by saying I'm not special, I don't deserve any favors from anyone. I was just a little surprised to see our district thinking it's okay to pair up strangers with all that is going on. Lesson learned. We will wait until next month or the following to attempt to play. To answer the OP, no I don't think the courses should be closed. We just have to be cautious.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

We play same 4 some 2 times a week no strangers we all know each other no reason not to play
Old 03-22-2020, 11:18 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Golf

I still play, only ride with my wife. Do not socialize with others on the course. Do not touch the flagstick. etc.

Why shouldn't I play?
Old 03-22-2020, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Let me start by saying I made a mistake. I looked at the Saturday tee sheets for execs on Friday night. I found a nearby course that after 5:15, had two 2 somes booked and all other times open until 6:56pm. I booked a spot for 2 golfers at 6pm. When we arrived there were quite a few carts in the area. I saw the tee sheet as I talked to the starter and there were alot of write ins. I noticed we were paired with a 2 some that called in. I told the starter check us in, X us out or do whatever you had to do, we were not playing with unknown to us people. He was quite ill about us not playing.
Let me head off some of you by saying I'm not special, I don't deserve any favors from anyone. I was just a little surprised to see our district thinking it's okay to pair up strangers with all that is going on. Lesson learned. We will wait until next month or the following to attempt to play. To answer the OP, no I don't think the courses should be closed. We just have to be cautious.
That was nice of you to give up your slot.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:33 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

What do you all think of this idea?

Here's a genius (and hygienic!) new way of cutting golf holes
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, playing, things, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.