Golf courses should be closed?

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Will you still think it's a genius idea when you hit it with your tee shot?
Old 03-22-2020, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=DonH57;1731597]Our foursome have been following all the suggested non contact guidelines as some people have stated on here from the starters not handling your ID card to not congregating after play. Separate carts, we don't touch each others equipment,flag sticks, or anything else. Bring gloves to handle a sand rake or better yet don't put your balls in the bunkers![/QUOTE

especially if they are sweaty
Old 03-22-2020, 12:57 PM

Smart man! Most people do share a cart and it's not 10' wide!! Same with pickle ball, they're sitting on the bench right next to each other. I don't understand how dancing at the squares to WVLG is any different than a band being there but ... that's just me! I would think 'stay in' means STAY IN your homes. But then again there are a lot of VIP's in the Villages...
Old 03-22-2020, 01:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post
Smart man! Most people do share a cart and it's not 10' wide!! Same with pickle ball, they're sitting on the bench right next to each other. I don't understand how dancing at the squares to WVLG is any different than a band being there but ... that's just me! I would think 'stay in' means STAY IN your homes. But then again there are a lot of VIP's in the Villages...
First of all we are not under any type of shelter in place order, yet. The courses have been very good about allowing one person per cart. The one surprise I had was not all executive courses accept credit/debit cards. Handling money is something that should be reduced!
Old 03-22-2020, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcaligirl View Post

I’ve only seen married couples sharing carts lately. Since they share a bed I’m pretty sure the cart is the least of their worries.

Today, since they started the “bring your own ball” rule at Pickle Ball I never saw more than two people waiting, and they were no where near each other.

If we get a shelter in place order in Florida I’m sure everyone will stay at home. We do not have that order right now.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The rules are always for the other guy. Yesterday all day I got to watch neighborhood groups congregate after the 18th green and do sociables. Some groups were 4 to 5 foursomes. There in is the problem. Big Brother must shutdown the golf courses because the selfish do not have enough brains to protect themselves.
Wow today was much different. Don't know if it was due to being Sunday or if people are getting the message. I seen no congregations on the 18th green today. Keep up the good work folks.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:43 PM

Wow-how many are waiting for a shelter in place order to stay in their homes?
The U.S. is now(3/22/2020) #3 in the world for the number of cases; Florida with over a 1000 cases has moved up to #7 in the United States (sort of running neck and neck with # 5 Illinois(1049 cases) and #6 Michigan(1035). Maybe if we all keep to our outside play schedules we can move up the ladder; or just maybe, if we all stay home except for emergencies we can move down the list. Which way would The Villagers like to go?
Old 03-22-2020, 08:03 PM

You are correct in believing that you are in the minority.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

I hope the courses do not close. Golf is one of the safest recreation activities still available. People need to be able to do a few things that are fun and relatively safe. Plus the revenue will hopefully help with keeping the courses in good playing conditions. I suspect many of the people who wish the courses were closed are jealous non-golfers who have had their favorite activities canceled.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
We play same 4 some 2 times a week no strangers we all know each other no reason not to play
It makes no difference to me if the courses are closed or left open for play. I would just like to point out that each person in your foursome has no idea who or how many people the other 3 have been in contact with since the last time you played. And whether or not any of them were exposed to and perhaps infected by the virus.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
It makes no difference to me if the courses are closed or left open for play. I would just like to point out that each person in your foursome has no idea who or how many people the other 3 have been in contact with since the last time you played. And whether or not any of them were exposed to and perhaps infected by the virus.
Not if I play with my wife in a twosome.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Not if I play with my wife in a twosome.
I agree.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
We play same 4 some 2 times a week no strangers we all know each other no reason not to play
You think "knowing someone" protects you from this (or any) communicable disease? You have no idea what stores they were in, what they touched while they were there and who sneezed all over them walking in a parking lot or even if they are a "carrier" with no symptoms. I don't play golf ... but it all should be shut down until this passes. Yes, be afraid.
Old 03-22-2020, 11:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,882 Times in 2,428 Posts

Quote:
Where's that stated..?
Friend of mine is an ambassador he said he received no notice of that change

Old news, weeks ago.
Old 03-23-2020, 12:42 AM

For what it is worth. Some of the courses here have either turned the cups upside down so the ball won't go all the way in the cup. Or, they have wrapped the bottom of the stick with that foam stuff "noodles" are made of . Either way after putting you can pick up your ball without touching anything but the ball. Of course, under the fairly new rule, you don't have to remove the stick anyway.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, playing, things, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.