Golf courses should be closed?

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2020, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOCMVA View Post
Thought I'd let you know what extra steps we're doing at our Virginia Golf Course.

We raised the cups about 2 inches so the ball won't go in the cup. You hit the cup, it's considered holed. We have no rakes in traps so there is no need to touch a flag or a rake now.
Part of my info came from Stumpy Lake.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:03 AM

No cash should be used!
Old 03-24-2020, 11:26 AM

First of all, you can make your own adjustments. If you go to Golfdigest, the USGA has recommended....Here'''s one big way the USGA is relaxing the Rules of Golf to cope with the coronavirus - Golf Digest ..... many have made adjustments...smooth sand with foot, don't touch flag pole, remove ball with suction cup or picker, gimmie within 12"-18", one person per cart, maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:40 AM

It should be up to each person to play or not play golf. That being said, The course should be setup for two person play. So that you can play with a wife or person who you feel safe with.
I run a large golf group and because the courses don't allow for two to play. I cancelled my group from playing. If the people in the group wanted to play they still can. I just did not want to feel responsible if someone got sick in my group.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:21 PM

The Villages need to STOP those with Visitors Pass from playing golf at our golf courses or any other activities still being offered during these trouble times...

This sign should read: Not Welcome!
Old 03-24-2020, 04:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Per the governor all people 65 and older are to be quarantined to the house for the next 14 days. You can go for groceries and walk the dog observing social distance rules. Orange County just instituted same except pertains to all ages. Obviously this means no golf if you are over 65.
Old 03-24-2020, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Per the governor all people 65 and older are to be quarantined to the house for the next 14 days. You can go for groceries and walk the dog observing social distance rules. Orange County just instituted same except pertains to all ages. Obviously this means no golf if you are over 65.
The Governor advised, not ordered those 65 and over to stay home. Golfing is still a go for 65 and over....
Old 03-24-2020, 05:06 PM

I happened to go by Winn Dixie this morning about 1 hour before opening and there were people lining up to buy what? Probably nothing they really need. I'm sure some went home and complained about the golfers. NOBODY seemed to give a crap about 30 thousand people in this country dying from the flu this year!
Old 03-24-2020, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,883 Times in 2,429 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob47 View Post
It makes no difference to me if the courses are closed or left open for play. I would just like to point out that each person in your foursome has no idea who or how many people the other 3 have been in contact with since the last time you played. And whether or not any of them were exposed to and perhaps infected by the virus.
That why you don’t get close to them. No reason when playing golf to be close to other’s in other carts.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

Not the way we play! ;-)
Old 03-24-2020, 05:48 PM
Sage

Before this gets out of hand please explain to me !. Why you would not follow the Governor/ Dept of Health advice ? 2. Jeopardize my life with a compromised immune system. I still need go to the store for supplies that you touched but weren't willing to limit your contacts with others ? Is this the biggest sacrifice you ever had to make in your life ? 3. For those claiming this is advice not a dictate I don't agree . You have selfish motives. If your saying you won't go to jail for violating the order - I agree. That will spread the virus all the more. There are citizens in small towns as we speak in very low infected rate areas shaming snowbirds not to come back to their summer homes. Maybe we could use a little more shame here if common sense can't prevail.
Old 03-24-2020, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Before this gets out of hand please explain to me !. Why you would not follow the Governor/ Dept of Health advice ? 2. Jeopardize my life with a compromised immune system. I still need go to the store for supplies that you touched but weren't willing to limit your contacts with others ? Is this the biggest sacrifice you ever had to make in your life ? 3. For those claiming this is advice not a dictate I don't agree . You have selfish motives. If your saying you won't go to jail for violating the order - I agree. That will spread the virus all the more. There are citizens in small towns as we speak in very low infected rate areas shaming snowbirds not to come back to their summer homes. Maybe we could use a little more shame here if common sense can't prevail.
I agree with the Governor that we should quarantine ourselves at least 15 days from any outside extra activities if age is 65 or higher.
But when someone come on here to this website and misinform the public by twisting the Governors words around in order to please his or her desire is wrong and is publishing FAKE NEWS!
Old 03-24-2020, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
I agree with the Governor that we should quarantine ourselves at least 15 days from any outside extra activities if age is 65 or higher.
But when someone come on here to this website and misinform the public by twisting the Governors words around in order to please his or her desire is wrong and is publishing FAKE NEWS!
OK I strongly agree with you I did not use the word ADVISE. Instead I said "are to be". I did not intend to twist words for a hidden agenda. Sorry if it came across that way. As for FAKE - there is nothing fake about the ADVICE.
Old 03-24-2020, 08:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
OK I strongly agree with you I did not use the word ADVISE. Instead I said "are to be". I did not intend to twist words for a hidden agenda. Sorry if it came across that way. As for FAKE - there is nothing fake about the ADVICE.
Orange County will go on lock down Thursday night. But can still go to the Grocery Stores and walk and medical stuff. We can reduce exposure but not eliminate.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-24-2020, 09:11 PM

OK, no need to continue, I'll leave it at that.... Keep safe my friend!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, playing, things, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.