Golf courses should be closed?

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2020, 05:53 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Played an Exec course yesterday with Bride, sis and bro inlaw.

We don't even putt at the hole, we throw out a yellow ball and putt at that.
It works.

The starter wanted to handle out ID's........I nicely said, Nope.
He understood.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:05 AM

We played Cane Garden yesterday. Easy check in with credit card swipe. No receipt or starter ticket given. Each of our foursome used own cart. While on first hole of Hibiscus a golf employee installed plastic piece in the cup to prevent ball from going in. Was kind a strange and a challenge to actually hit the thing. Part way through playing saw no piece in the cup on the 6th. Mentioned to the ambassador and he said some people were taking them out. A good way to get things cancelled for the rest of us if you cant play by the rules.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,369 Times in 2,516 Posts

I can't see the problem.
99% of the people we play with, consider anything within 3 foot of the cup, a gimme.
Some can go a whole round without the ball ever entering the cup!
Old 03-25-2020, 09:21 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

We played at Oakleigh. The rakes were removed from the bunkers. Practice putting green had the sticks, no holes. With everything going on we're better off pretending to hit the ball from tee off to hole. I'm actually now considering to stop golfing for awhile but I have no other amenities to use as it is.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:34 AM

I went to the Villages website Tee-Time system in order to schedule foursome golf play for Monday, But looks like they are stopping golf play. Was not able to see any available golf courses for that day....
Old 03-25-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,308 Times in 823 Posts

Not the hardest of all sacrifices. We still have electricity, air conditioning, running water, flush toilets, gasoline, television, internet, ability to get food and supplies, etc. Imagine if this was a major hurricane. 14 days would seem like eternity. These 14 days at present only feel like being in time out when I was in Kindergarten.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
I went to the Villages website Tee-Time system in order to schedule foursome golf play for Monday, But looks like they are stopping golf play. Was not able to see any available golf courses for that day....
Call them.....computer issue, keep checking back. Please don't make assumptions, easy enough to find out facts without stirring the pot any more than some do on here.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-25-2020, 09:43 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
Are you trying to schedule a tee time or make a request?
You can only schedule 3 days in advance and request 5 days in advance. As of now the courses are remaining open.

Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 03-25-2020 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

I haven't heard a good idea yet. You are outside in the air, you are not on top of others. You are getting fresh air. How are you going to get the virus. If you are stupid enough to hug your buddy or congregate in groups at the end of the round, then that is your problem .
You go to the grocery store which is a lot more dangerous than a golf course. You don't have to handle anything that doesn't belong to you when playing golf. Yesterday, at one of the supermarkets, I ordered Mac and cheese. The girl who served it to me had no gloves on, then put her fingers inside the lid while spooning the contents into my carryout container. I cancelled the order after telling the manager what happened. All the other deli workers had on gloves. I didn't touch anything, not did anyone else touch anything when I signed up and played golf. I brought my own pen to sign my charge receipt. SOOOOOOO, we should close the golf courses?

I have to say something else about closing Courses. I just saw something that is changing the way I think. I passed Kenya golf course 10 min ago and there under the trees at the 9th hole were about 15 guys standing on top of each other BS about their game.
This kind of behavior is exactly what will cause the courses to close.

Last edited by bilcon; 03-25-2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Something I just saw on course.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
You can only schedule 3 days in advance and request 5 days in advance. As of now the courses are remaining open.

Steve
You cna make a request 7 days ahead. My husband's request for Monday is visible.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Call them.....computer issue, keep checking back. Please don't make assumptions, easy enough to find out facts without stirring the pot any more than some do on here.
Read my post again: I said "looks like" does not mean "they did" stop..
So please keep calm and don't freak out on us for any little thing someone post on here, Have a safe day..
Old 03-25-2020, 09:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

If they are there is no announcement of closing them on golf the villages. I need to pay my executive trail fees but I'm not forking out the money and end up possibly losing 4 to 6 months of using it. There are no refunds on trail fees. I hop it don't come to that.
Old 03-25-2020, 09:57 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,309 Times in 543 Posts
Default Entitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterray1 View Post
We played Cane Garden yesterday. Easy check in with credit card swipe. No receipt or starter ticket given. Each of our foursome used own cart. While on first hole of Hibiscus a golf employee installed plastic piece in the cup to prevent ball from going in. Was kind a strange and a challenge to actually hit the thing. Part way through playing saw no piece in the cup on the 6th. Mentioned to the ambassador and he said some people were taking them out. A good way to get things cancelled for the rest of us if you cant play by the rules.
I agree follow the rules or the golf courses will close. You just have to wonder why so many feel so entitled that rules don’t apply to them especially as we fight this deadly virus. Where does this come from? Most of us were not raised that way. Dog parks closed because some dog owners didn’t follow the Coronavirus rules.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:00 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
You cna make a request 7 days ahead. My husband's request for Monday is visible.
Yes but if you put in a request today, Wednesday, you can only request from this coming Sunday to Wednesday. I didn't explain myself very well.
Steve
Old 03-25-2020, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post

Steve
Thank you Steve for you reply...
This morning I was trying to make a schedule play for Monday.
Could be the system had a glitch at that moment, will try again later...
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, courses, playing, things, stop

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.