Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   The Villages, Florida, General Discussion (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/)
-   -   Golf courses should be closed? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/villages-florida-general-discussion-73/golf-courses-should-closed-304196/)

pauld315 03-25-2020 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvic 1 (Post 1733294)
Thank you Steve for you reply...
This morning I was trying to make a schedule play for Monday.
Could be the system had a glitch at that moment, will try again later...

Not a glitch, just tried and can't specify any course for Monday This is after 11 PM on Wednesday. They have to close the courses to comply with the 14 day self isolation for both the golfers and more importantly, the workers

anothersteve 03-25-2020 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauld315 (Post 1733714)
Not a glitch, just tried and can't specify any course for Monday This is after 11 PM on Wednesday. They have to close the courses to comply with the 14 day self isolation for both the golfers and more importantly, the workers

You can't "reserve" a tee time for Monday today. Like I said, you can only reserve a tee time no longer than 3 days in advance. I just tried for Saturday and it worked.
Now if you want to make a "request" for Monday, you can do that. As of now the courses are not closing, and there is no order to shelter in place...yet
Steve

EdFNJ 03-25-2020 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bilcon (Post 1733273)
........If you are stupid enough to hug your buddy or congregate in groups at the end of the round, then that is your problem . .......

Actually not ONLY their problem because when all those that got hugged go all over The Villages it could become ALL OF OUR problems. If someone wants to kill themselves I'm OK with that but please don't kill me. Kinda like smoking. I don't care if someone else makes themselves sick smoking, just don't make me sick too.

Marvic 1 03-25-2020 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anothersteve (Post 1733715)
You can't "reserve" a tee time for Monday today. Like I said, you can only reserve a tee time no longer than 3 days in advance. I just tried for Saturday and it worked.
Now if you want to make a "request" for Monday, you can do that. As of now the courses are not closing, and there is no order to shelter in place...yet
Steve

Correct, I was able to request for Monday today (Wednesday). Thanks!

Joanne19335 03-26-2020 07:39 AM

No More Rakes or Flagsticks

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Eagle (Post 1731912)
For what it is worth. Some of the courses here have either turned the cups upside down so the ball won't go all the way in the cup. Or, they have wrapped the bottom of the stick with that foam stuff "noodles" are made of . Either way after putting you can pick up your ball without touching anything but the ball. Of course, under the fairly new rule, you don't have to remove the stick anyway.

All executive courses have removed rakes from bunkers and replaced flagsticks and cups. I don’t know if this has been done on the championship courses. I will find out today. I hope they don’t close the courses, but it is inevitable if there is a spike in positive cases in The Villages. I am playing a lot less golf than I have in the past. I played alone yesterday afternoon.

Decadeofdave 03-26-2020 08:41 AM

Agree with your logic. This is the reason the pools closed.

rustyp 03-27-2020 02:40 PM

Are the restrooms on the courses open ?

golfing eagles 03-27-2020 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rustyp (Post 1734684)

Yes. Use at your own risk! But lots of other public restrooms are open as well, not unique to golf

anothersteve 03-27-2020 02:56 PM

Quote:

Yes and being disinfected on every loop by the ambassadors. Door handles, sinks, toilets, water fountains...etc

Steve

tophcfa 03-27-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

I will water a tree, much safer