Old 01-28-2015, 02:26 PM
Sage
Default Pool lighting Historic side????

To quote an old thread:

"
From our favorite on-line newspaper that goes without its name here:

"Light installation to bring back swimming at night by October"
July 9, 2014 By Meta Minton

"Lights should be installed by October and night swimming will return to Villages pools in Lake County.

The pools at Chula Vista, Southside, Hilltop and Paradise were ordered earlier this year to begin closing at dusk by the Lake County Office of the Florida Department of Health.

In an April 8 inspection, a department of health inspector determined that after nearly two decades, the pools don’t have the proper lighting to allow for night-time swimming, a tradition long enjoyed at those pools. The pools had been open until 11 p.m.

With the installation of lights, which should cost in the neighborhood of $100,000 in total, night swimming will return.

District Manager Janet Tutt made the announcement in Wednesday’s Amenity Authority Committee meeting."

October came and went, did I miss something?
Old 01-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Sage

They had trouble getting bids to do the work. Seems like the companies were reluctant to take on the project. I believe it has been contracted out now. Recreation office should be able to tell you. Or you can go to the district website and look through the AAC minutes as it has been discussed there.
Old 01-28-2015, 05:45 PM
Sage

Thanks mikeod
Old 01-28-2015, 05:56 PM

Can someone tell me why all the pools south of 466 have lights but the pools close at dusk?
Old 01-28-2015, 06:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPGuar View Post
Can someone tell me why all the pools south of 466 have lights but the pools close at dusk?

I think it's because the lighting isn't sufficient to meet standards for night swimming.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.