Need some feedback

Closed Thread
Old 07-04-2007, 09:26 AM
Gold member
Default Need some feedback

We are from New England and hoping to move to the Villages in the fall. On two previous visits we stayed with a friend living there for going on 3 years. Love the place, people,atmosphere and weather.

Are there people living in the Villages that are still working and not quite ready to retire. I will be able to continue to work via the internet and my husband will continue in his position for another 2-3 years. Will we be out of place or should I say pace with the rest of the community?
Old 07-04-2007, 03:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Re: Need some feedback

My wife and I live in The Villages and we both still work full time and we don't plan to retire anytime soon. Based on our experience, many who call The Villages home still work as well. You and your hubby should feel right at home.
Hollywood, FL
Woodstock, GA
The Villages, FL
Old 07-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Platinum member

There are brand-new neighbors on my street. He's quit working, but she hasn't, and she's excited about her new hometown and new employment. I don't think it is a case of "must" work, either, she's just younger than the rest of the street and felt she really wanted to continue working!
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Sage

Lots of people on my block work...some for fun, some for medical benefits, some because they're still young enough that they haven't finished their career years yet, some for pocket money. You won't feel like the odd person out.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:38 AM
Veteran member

My wife and I still work full time but still find time to enjoy the "fun" @ TV on the weekends. If I do not have a consulting assignment for the week than "It's Fun for the entire Week" and I have to return to work to rest!!! You know the saying in TV "No one dies from old age in TV, they die from sheer exhaustion."
Viet Nam
CT
TV
Old 07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
Veteran member

We are retired but many friends are employed. You would not believe how many people actually work for the Villages. They employ a lot of residents in their recreation programs and food service. Also, sales and administrative offices. Citizens Bank and the Daily Sun are other examples of local employment for Villagers. Best of luck. You will LOVE it here.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:01 PM
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrytownsend
Come on down! I have lived and worked here for over 4 years. I am now in Real Estate and plan to work in the Villages another 6-10 years! It is great to be able to play golf after work or softball with the neighborhood guys on Saturday. Call me at 352-255-4529 I tell you more!
Hey Jerry, this wouldn't be a free commercial in disquise would it? We do have lots of space for sale for Real Estate Brokers to post their ads. Send me an email and I'll tell you more.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.