Golfers chatting in groups waiting to get called up is ruining our last privilege

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2020, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
Interesting that you see basic communication with other humans as only a privilege and not a right. Any other freedoms that you'd like to downplay?
That's probably the scariest thing I've read yet.
people only complain about adhering to congregating rules when their precious golf is threatened
Old 04-03-2020, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
agreed -- and I have lots of pictures to prove that they are still doing exactly what they want -- if the golf goes -- it will be their own fault -- cannot blame it on someone else
So now, I'll ask the third person to post something like you did-----WHY are you taking pictures, what purpose does it serve and what do you plan to accomplish. The other 2 didn't have an answer
Old 04-03-2020, 03:18 PM
Veteran member
Default Quite right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurrie947 View Post
Golfers chatting together waiting to get on will be the thing to eventually destroy golfing for us. Please pay attention and don't do it.
Not just when waiting to be called, but also on the tees and on the greens and also many are still travelling two to a cart (excluding couples).

Risking your own life is your right, risking other people’s is not 👿👿
Old 04-03-2020, 03:23 PM
Sage

Was at the grocery store this morning "trying" to do my best at social distancing but found it impossible. Aisles are narrow and if someone is standing (no matter how/where) it's difficult to get past keeping the 6' rule. Now, I've driven past the golf courses and it seemed people were keeping apart just fine. IF the golf-courses are closed it will be for a different reason I'm sure....but let the speculations begin. IF we didn't close things down, people would complain. Partial closings, people complain and it will be the same if everything closes.
Old 04-03-2020, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet10s View Post
people only complain about adhering to congregating rules when their precious golf is threatened
I've been on a golf course once in my life that I'm aware of. It was about 4 months ago at Black Diamond in Crystal River. Niece got married, I took pictures. Haven't been on one since.
Four! lol
Old 04-03-2020, 04:22 PM

It is sad that people can be the way they are. To the original post, I have to agree. The preserve got shut down because people couldn't follow the rules and ket their dogs run wild when they are not allowed there. Pools got closed because they couldn't follow the rule of no more than 10 people. Golf could get closed because people can't follow the 6 ft rule. Rules were put in place to protect all of us, not just a few. The problem is that it only takes a few jerks to ruin it for the masses.
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 04-03-2020, 04:29 PM
TOTV Moderator

Several posts have been removed that were off topic and/or directed at member. The topic of the thread is the potential loss of golf privileges due to golfers congregating was prior to or after golf. Please return to this topic. Further off topic posts will be deleted. As always, if you wish to start a new thread on the topics removed, please feel free to do so.

Old 04-03-2020, 06:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
So now, I'll ask the third person to post something like you did-----WHY are you taking pictures, what purpose does it serve and what do you plan to accomplish. The other 2 didn't have an answer
I don't take photos of people congregating but I can answer your question. It's called "shaming". Embarrass the hell out of those people who just can't seem to stay away from congregating. I get why those photos are being taken.

Tags
golfers, chatting, waiting, thing, pay

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.