Golfers, please do your patriotic duty...stay home!

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 06:02 AM

So stay in your home and you won't have anything to worry about.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON10E View Post
The difference between four of them being infected and just one of them is not three. Its the difference between how many others will be infected by 1 vs. 4. It’s a world of difference.
Where is one more likely to pick up the virus? Out in the sun, with the UV rays that look like they’re a weapon against the virus, using your own cart, practicing social distancing and only touching your own equipment, or Walmart?

A few days ago I saw a block party going on and social distancing was not important to those people. When I’m out on the golf cart for fresh air I constantly see groups of people not practicing social distancing and in the grocery stores people will breath down each other’s necks. Golf is probably the second safest activity next to just staying home. Get the impromptu social gatherings to stop and then you’ll be onto something.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:20 AM

I see most foursomes taking 4 carts, the cups are raised so there is no contact with the hole or flag, sand trap rakes have been removed and you are outdoors. I am extremely cautious during these times, but I think the golf is nearly 100% safe. I mean compare it to food shopping
Old 03-27-2020, 06:30 AM

Same for Pickleball players. Why can’t you just give it up.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:32 AM

The one thing that should stop is don’t use the outdoor exercise equipment on the walking paths. Yes it is outside and the sun is shiny on it. BUT, how many sweaty people have put their hands on it and how long ago was it touched? It it NOT being sanitized between users. It’s metal and rubber hand grips. Walk but don’t touch
Old 03-27-2020, 06:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I look at it a little differently.

I have had grandchildren ask me, with the stay at home order am I still playing golf?

Going to CC for a drink afterwards.

I am obligated to set the example for the younger folks. Show that I am heeding the guidelines and actions recommended to take to help curtail the virus spread.
I cannot rationalize to them why it is OK for various reasons (that might make sense to a lot of us).....

Being way.....WAY over 65....I will not be playing golf until the over 65 stay at home order is terminated.
There is an over 65 stay at home order? Are you sure?
Old 03-27-2020, 06:57 AM

First of all I think most people felt closing the sport pools which were only open to lap swimming was an overreach. If they were reopened would you consider that unpatriotic ?
Golf happens to be A safe and easy activity with keeping physical distancing You may not be aware that all rakes are removed and flag handling eliminated with pvc sleeves protruding from the holes.
I hope you are staying safe in your own way
Old 03-27-2020, 07:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
A patriot risks their lives so others may have liberty.... so what is a person who asks other to forfeit their liberty in hopes of preserving their own life?
It used to be called THE DRAFT.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:17 AM

I agree the villages should find themes
Old 03-27-2020, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopacers View Post
i'm not a big golfer but others playing is not bothering me. I'm closer to dozens more people for a longer period of time when i go to the grocery store and nobody is saying we shouldn't shop for food...yet.

The golf holes have been removed from the golf courses and have been replaced with pvc tubing to avoid having to remove your ball from the cup. You're either riding by yourself or with your spouse and are around the same 1-3 folks the entire time.
With a little diligence you won't get closer than 10 feet to your playing partners.

You can complain about the random group that doesn't follow the social distancing rules but those are likely the same people exhibiting similar behaviors everywhere they go.
well said
Old 03-27-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
A patriot risks their lives so others may have liberty.... so what is a person who asks other to forfeit their liberty in hopes of preserving their own life?
a senator ? CCR Fortunate Son
Old 03-27-2020, 07:36 AM
Default Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
Actually the bovine excrement is spreading faster than the virus.LOL.
I will give up my golf clubs
When you pry them from my cold dead body 😳
Old 03-27-2020, 07:38 AM

I think if everyone that needed a hearing aid wore one social distancing would not be a problem.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:40 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Ohio news

Exercise, but don’t golf or play basketball
Gov. Mike DeWine has encouraged Ohioans to remain physically active despite the statewide stay-at-home order, but one popular pastime appears to be out for now. The Ohio Department of Health ruled Thursday that golf courses are non-essential businesses, meaning they must close through April 6. Also Thursday, Dayton Mayor Nan Whaley reminded residents that while the city has kept city parks open for people to walk through, playground equipment is off-limits and it is not permitted to play basketball.

While I don't play golf, I had been playing pickleball five days a week for the past two years. I stopped playing two weeks ago and will wait until the virus situation changes for me and others to be safe while playing a game.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
If a couple goes out and plays by themselves and they get near nobody, I’m not sure I see the problem.
The problem lies in the crowds at the starter shacks, not out on the courses.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, golfers, pandemic, rest, duty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.