Golfers, please do your patriotic duty...stay home!

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2020, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Smell test alert!
Speaking of "Smell test alert", its beginning to smell a little around here in the Villages..
Some whiners that sit around all day shuffling cards and hating golfers for playing safe golf have not been able to take their weekly bath at the public bath houses, something needs to be done!

Old 03-31-2020, 09:53 AM

The staff who check you in and ambassador and starters at risk so Villagers play. Not good....all of them over 65 too. Should be closed.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalWalkers View Post
The staff who check you in and ambassador and starters at risk so Villagers play. Not good....all of them over 65 too. Should be closed.
At check in (ECC) you don't need to handover your ID just tell your name and tee-time from 6 feet away. The Ambassadors have no water on their carts so no need to get close to any player...
Old 03-31-2020, 10:09 AM

Golf staff at RISK to check in golfers. Not a good situation for staff or all they come in contact with in the shops and course.
*****Non quarantine visitors golfing and shopping. Think about it.
Old 03-31-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

While I do agree with all your justifications about safe golf please don't get lulled in the belief it is happening. Yesterday again (Men's Day ?) large groups were congregating under the huge live oak after finishing the 18th hole. Many not observing the 6 foot rule. You maybe doing your part but not everyone is. Let's all pretend social distancing is like golf - a game of honor and integrity.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalWalkers View Post
Golf staff at RISK to check in golfers. Not a good situation for staff or all they come in contact with in the shops and course.
*****Non quarantine visitors golfing and shopping. Think about it.
NO, YOU THINK ABOUT IT. There is NO CONTACT with staff checking you in and you can remain 6 feet away---they have lines and cones out. You scan your ID, you scan your credit card, they do not give you a slip for the starter, who also stays 6 feet away. Why don't you have some concept of what your babbling about BEFORE you post crap.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki View Post
Where is one more likely to pick up the virus? Out in the sun, with the UV rays that look like they’re a weapon against the virus,
NOT TRUE! If that were even close to REAL INFORMATION that would mean there would be barely any illness here in FL and especially South FL. Maybe garlic will kill it .... NO! I hope no one believes everything they read on internet forums or fwd fwd fwd fwd fwd emails or Facebook..

Fact check: Sunlight does not kill the new coronavirus

Can you kill coronavirus with UV light? - BBC Future

Debunking COVID-19 rumors: Does sunlight kill the coronavirus? - NBC2 News
Old 03-31-2020, 12:33 PM

The way I look at it is any time you go out you have a better chance of catching it than I do staying at home. If this is not true please educate me.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
The way I look at it is any time you go out you have a better chance of catching it than I do staying at home. If this is not true please educate me.
Depending on what you do and how you do it when you go out, the chances may be pretty much equal. But for those who go out and move, their chances of getting a DVT or PE from sitting around are less, and they probably won't get decubiti.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:00 PM
Default stay home

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Yes, please, stay away. The courses are too crowded and I really enjoy playing alone.
bike rides stay home
Old 03-31-2020, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Depending on what you do and how you do it when you go out, the chances may be pretty much equal. But for those who go out and move, their chances of getting a DVT or PE from sitting around are less, and they probably won't get decubiti.
Thank you. I admittedly had not thought of the health hazards of none or little activity.

Last edited by cypress; 03-31-2020 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-31-2020, 01:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
Thank you. I admittedly had not thought of the health hazards of none or little activity.
Sorry I was harsh. A lot of golf check in procedures have changed drastically due to the virus, not everybody know that. I feel just as safe playing golf as long as the other golfers maintain social distancing as I do at home, and probably safer than the grocery store
Old 03-31-2020, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Sorry I was harsh. A lot of golf check in procedures have changed drastically due to the virus, not everybody know that. I feel just as safe playing golf as long as the other golfers maintain social distancing as I do at home, and probably safer than the grocery store
I agree.
Old 03-31-2020, 06:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Golfing is way safer than the grocery store or getting take out food. Probably also much safer than a crowded walking trail or bike riding with a group. I would say a round of golf with proper precautions is about as risky as getting your mail or taking some cash out of an ATM machine and sanitizing your hands right after touching the mailbox or ATM touch screen. Plus it gets you out of the house for a few hours in the fresh air and sun. Swing on.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, golfers, pandemic, rest, duty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.