Golfers, please do your patriotic duty...stay home!

Closed Thread
Old 03-27-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
The Villages public bath houses and the round table card shufflers have no place to go so they want others to do the same...
I'm sure if pools and rec centers were open they would be right their so stop acting like you care......
Exactly! I can't have mine so I don't want you to have yours. I thought that type of thinking disappeared after age 4.
Old 03-27-2020, 05:31 PM

I spend the entire day with my wife, sleep with her, eat meals with her.......if I want to golf with her.....how is it a threat to you? We come into contact with no one else.....we are in OUR golf cart, using OUR golf clubs, drinking water out of OUR cups Why don't you take care of yourself and stop preaching to the rest of us!
Old 03-27-2020, 10:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
Could of been us playing cards. We have guests staying with us. We just wanted some fresh air. Husband has trouble walking.
Whoever it was seemed like they were keeping a "reasonable" distance from each other anyway. I sleep in the same bed my husband sleeps in, and we both work outside the home. We take reasonable precautions and wash our hands frequently.

But we're also on the young side of "at risk" and in decent health.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Big difference between an order
and an advisory. So no.
Old 03-27-2020, 11:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

After this evenings conference with Jim Beam I've wandered the possibilities of my golf ball during flight or rolling across a green of picking up virus molecules and then we touch the ball. So much to process but I have plenty of time and Jim Beam.
Old 03-28-2020, 07:35 PM

yet another Village idiot who thinks that because they can't do what they want, nobody else should be able to. Just stay home and hide under your bed. We'll let you know when it's safe to come out.
Old 03-28-2020, 08:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildjac View Post
I spend the entire day with my wife, sleep with her, eat meals with her.......if I want to golf with her.....how is it a threat to you? We come into contact with no one else.....we are in OUR golf cart, using OUR golf clubs, drinking water out of OUR cups Why don't you take care of yourself and stop preaching to the rest of us!
Totally agree, but what else would anyone expect but a logical and spot on post from someone who has a Patriots Logo as their avatar. Go Pat's and have fun golfing with your wife, it's a brave new world : )
Old 03-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Golfing is very safe right now. There is a bigger problem watching the sun go down on the Morse bridge every night. Loads of golf carts grouped together. Or people showing up in the squares bringing their own chairs and grouped together. Golfers are keeping it safe out there.

Last edited by Lottoguy; 03-30-2020 at 09:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:15 AM
Gold member

People who complain about the golfers are totally clueless as to what goes on out there. I could think of a dozen other things going on right now that are less safe then golfing. Getting your mail every day being one of them.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:03 AM

This message is not specifically for this post. Food for thought! I have not seen anyone mention employees at the courses. I for one think this community has many thoughtful residents but there are a very large amount of entitled persons who only think of themselves! Sure most people playing golf practice social distancing but not all. Even with cones in front of starter shacks people will just walk past. People with thier own carts have the capability to carry any snack or drink that they may need but for some reason they think it's safe to handle cash and have the starter handle it. A golf course employee is eventually going to get the virus and then what happens?
Old 03-29-2020, 10:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Just as an FYI. Employees have the option of either working or staying home, with no repercussions.

Steve
Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 AM

That answer is exactly the entitled mind set that permeates The Villages. When employees have had enough we will stay home and I'm sure your thinking you'll play any way. Think again someone will be patrolling the courses to prevent trespassing
Old 03-30-2020, 08:03 AM
Default Get a life.....

I play in a foursome, not because it is free (which it actually isn't) I play for exercise because I don't ride a bike in golf cart paths and can't go to the rec center for walk away the pounds.

Each player drives their own cart, uses their left hand (gloved) to lift out the flag and rake the sand trap.

Just as everywhere I go there is minimum 6 feet and that has NOTHUNG to do with being patriotic!

Maybe you should take it up so you are not left out!
Old 03-30-2020, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianherlihy View Post
I play in a foursome, not because it is free (which it actually isn't) I play for exercise because I don't ride a bike in golf cart paths and can't go to the rec center for walk away the pounds.

Each player drives their own cart, uses their left hand (gloved) to lift out the flag and rake the sand trap.

Just as everywhere I go there is minimum 6 feet and that has NOTHUNG to do with being patriotic!

Maybe you should take it up so you are not left out!
Smell test alert!

If you play, you would know there are no rakes in the sand traps and a pipe in the hole so you don't touch the flagstick.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by writerslife View Post
So you think because you live in The Villages and have access to free golf that you need to be out on the courses playing every day? Has anyone told you that there is a deadly pandemic racing across America with many critical cases in Florida, including Marion, Lake and Sumter counties?

How about showing respect for the rest of us who have committed ourselves to staying in our homes to help end this pandemic. Those of us who were daily swimmers and/or enjoyed thousands of recreational activities? The rest of us have shut our lives down to stop the spread. We have sacrificed.

Golfers, do your patriotic duty. Go home and stay home.
There are no more than four golfers in each group. Rules of social distancing are 10 people. If golfers stay six feet apart they are practicing social distancing. The rules are you do not touch the flag stick. The holes are turned upside down so the ball does not go into the hole and must be then picked up. Now the golf shops are closing except for two. So, no sign in, just give them your ID number and you get billed for the golf. Nothing wrong with any of this. It is within the guidelines put out by the government. Until we are in total lockdown like NY golf is fine as long as you practice social distancing.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, golfers, pandemic, rest, duty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.