Golfing for Grandson

Closed Thread
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 AM
Default Golfing for Grandson

We have an eight year old grandson visiting soon. Hopefully the weather will be warm before then. We would like to take him to the driving range and expose him to golf. In checking with The Villages Golf Administration Office, he is welcome to hit balls as long as he meets the dress code but they do not have clubs to rent for kids.

Has anyone taken their young grandkids to the driving range and found golf clubs to rent, either within The Villages or near by?

Thanking you in advance.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

I understand you can buy a pretty cheap set for kids at Wal-Mart. Two of my vertically-challenged friends have bought them and say they're pretty clubs. Otherwise, I'd check some of the golf shops in or near TV. Who knows, maybe a TOTVer has a kid set they can loan you?

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 02-12-2010, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

The big white tent on CR466 near the water tower has kids clubs.
The shop on CR466 at the strip mall east of Morse Blvd. has kids clubs.
The golf shoe store in the plaza at CR 484 & I75 has kids clubs.
Not aware of any place that rents.
Try calling the Rolling Acres driving range.
Old 02-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogart View Post
We have an eight year old grandson visiting soon. Hopefully the weather will be warm before then. We would like to take him to the driving range and expose him to golf. In checking with The Villages Golf Administration Office, he is welcome to hit balls as long as he meets the dress code but they do not have clubs to rent for kids.

Has anyone taken their young grand kids to the driving range and found golf clubs to rent, either within The Villages or near by?

Thanking you in advance.
Our grandsons, 7 and 5, will be visiting next month. They have a set of kids clubs and have had some lessons. They live 5 minutes from a golf course with an excellent program for kids. I checked all over for chip and putt type courses. (Real grass, not miniature golf). I located one in Orlando. The Grand Cypress Resort. It has a nine hole, {longest 90 yds, shortest 39) that is perfect for kids. Hotel guests play for free. I Googled it, zoomed in and it looks pretty neat....exactly what we were looking for and the kids are excited about playing "real" golf. It is a secure gated resort so I would suggest you make whatever arrangement you can with the staff before you go.

With a little diplomacy, you should be able to pay a small fee for a round without staying at the resort. We will be eating lunch at the resort but not staying there. We purchased a nice kids starter set at Edwin Watts but I believe Bogie Shooter has listed some great options.

If anyone knows of another Chip and Putt course within 50 miles, I would be very interested.

Last edited by cabo35; 02-12-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:50 AM

Good information. Nice seeing you posting more frequently, Red. I love your thoughtful comments. Thanks also, to another Bogie and Cabo.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.