Good but mostly no so good

Closed Thread
Old 06-14-2011, 02:24 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmertl View Post
Who else other than "employees" could possibly commit "internal" business thefts???
Probably an "intern".
Skip 2
Old 06-14-2011, 06:52 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
It's too bad someone dishonest found the purse. Having the opportunity to do the right thing is simply the best. Many years ago when I was in my early thirties, I was privileged to find over $300 dollars in cash just lying on the floor of a mall bathroom. I had my kids with me (ages about 8 and 12), and it was Christmas season and the extra cash would have been just great. But I took my kids and the money to the security office, gave it to them (the money, not the kids), left my name and wrote down the two security officers' names, just to keep them honest. We finished our shopping and we went home. Later that evening a guy my age showed up at my door, with tears in his eyes, to tell me that what I had found was all of his family's Christmas money, and he couldn't believe anyone would turn it in. He offered me some money, but I refused it. My kids remember that entire experience to this day, and I think they are both better people for it. I know I am. It ended up being one of the most gratifying events of my life.
:cool smiley:
Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip2mysue;362***
probably an "intern".
skip 2
roflmao
Old 06-14-2011, 07:11 PM
Veteran member

Back when $5 was a lot of money (remember back that far?) I was in the A&P with my, then 10 year old, daughter, Kate.

An elderly lady in front of us in line dropped a $5 bill. Before I could say anything my daughter dove on it. Not knowing what she would do, I thought to myself "this should prove interesting".

She came up with the bill and without hesitation or looking at me she touched the elderly lady's arm and said "Excuse me, you dropped this" and handed her the $5 bill. I was so proud I could've bust. You better belive that little girl got an ice cream cone on the way home.

Regarding the missing purse contents: it doesn't matter where you live, some people just steal stuff. The Villages is a great place, but it is not perfect, after all human beings live there.

"Live life while you're alive, because when you're dead, you're dead a long time".- Roland Michael Curtis
Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philnpat View Post
My wife left her purse in a shopping cart in the Target parking lot on 441. When she discovered that it was missing, she called the store and spoke with the manager. It hadn't been turned in.
Two days later the Lady Lake PD called us and told her that her purse had been found totally intact with all cash, cards etc untouched. It was found by a person living outside TV. There are honest folks everywhere.
Yes!
Old 06-15-2011, 10:04 AM
Sage

Nope it couldn't have been a resident of TV. It is in your covenants and deed restrictions when you purchase a home. Thou Shalt Not Steal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.