Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 12:40 PM
Default Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

I will be signing out now.

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

I am now going back to enjoy my cool aide and all that TV has to offer.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,706 Posts

I’m sorry, it’s always a pleasure to hear you. It’s interesting to hear your experiences and how you cope, and your extended family with the doggies. I hope you change your mind and post again when you want to. I am new too except I’m 2nd generation TV but my parents have passed away and much has changed since then.
I’ve found you can’t debate with some people on TOTV. Either because they have to say what they’re saying, or they could be on medication, or, or,....why not just ignore the posters who upset you.

If we don’t hear from you, best wishes.
Old 10-07-2019, 12:57 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,572 Times in 1,748 Posts

Good luck! Enjoy all The Villages has to offer!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-07-2019, 12:58 PM
Default Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

Too bad. All opinions are valid as long as they are honest, not mean spirited and from the heart.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

with a very short orientation here on TOTV one learns which posts to not even bother with.

Add to that the feature of being able to block those you don't want to even see.

To dump a resource because of the very few odd balls seems to be cheating yourself of the value adding posters that comprise the majority!!

To each his own!
Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,009 Times in 451 Posts

I will miss your posts.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I will be signing out now.

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

I am now going back to enjoy my cool aide and all that TV has to offer.
I don't know what it is that has happened here. Been in TV for 18 years and have yet to find anything to really complain about. Certainly not the "family' or anything else they have provided here in this beautiful place. And up until the last couple of years, no one else spent all their time complaining. Everybody seemed to enjoy themselves. It just seems that the newcomers of the last few years seem to find something new to complain about everyday. TOTV has lost a lot of very good contributors and maybe for the same reason you are leaving. Maybe it's the fact that the newer folks are young enough that they have not given thought to how quickly their lives might change in the oncoming years, thus have not thought about "just be happy and enjoy life". But I am here to tell them.... get ready.... your change will come and you will wish you had spent your time enjoying what you have instead of complaining everyday. Mine just came and it is not a fun time......... but, at least, we spent our time enjoying all the things there are to enjoy in TV, not griping about it!!!
Old 10-07-2019, 01:11 PM

Cheerleader is a misnomer. There are no leaders in cheerleading. IMHO

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 01:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
...I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV...
Count on it.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:38 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Mart

Maybe jus sit out for a while.

There are a few complainers or trolls on here. After a while, you learn their names and you just avoid them.

There is a new poster who arrived after you and he just wants to hear himself debate with other. He thinks he's a great debater / negotiator of negativity. Life is too short for boneheads like that.

Hope you find a peaceful why to communicate in and about TV.

Cheers!!
Old 10-07-2019, 01:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,951 Times in 1,706 Posts

Hey, you accomplished one thing with this thread, you got us all agreeing on something.
Old 10-07-2019, 01:56 PM
Gold member

I can totally understand the OP’s decision.
Even though TOTV has been a great source of useful information on home repairs etc.
In my opinion it also attracts a lot of complainers
and argumentative type folks.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,587 Times in 566 Posts

But have you noticed, when you ask for advice, you no longer get the reference you used to. Most popular is slap is USE SEARCH. Of course most are so old that it does no good. I get useful info on next door neighbor with little grief.

Op there are many who no longer post here, comments about multiple people using same sign on, what gender, best is multiple personalities. I spend a total of 2.45 hours a week online, that includes shopping work related, and general email. Totv takes very little of my time lately. Unlike many who seem to always have to post on many things.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

The Villages Florida
Old 10-07-2019, 02:51 PM

The "Ignore" feature is your friend.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, ice, time, rules, cold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.