Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2019, 03:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I will be signing out now.

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

I am now going back to enjoy my cool aide and all that TV has to offer.
Martian, if you are still on... I'm sorry you are leaving and hope you will change your mind. Off topic, but have you heard about the Civil Discourse club? I think it meets every other week. You might enjoy it. Civil Discourse Club - The Villages, FL. - Home | Facebook
Old 10-07-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

Sorry to see you go M, It can be overwhelming especially when talking about anything controversial. Now you know where the majority stands here with politics, MMJ, and even dog poop lol

I agree with the above poster that said maybe just tune out for a bit. Life is way to short to sweat the small stuff.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Posters come and posters go...…….
Old 10-07-2019, 03:52 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Drop out for a while, take a deep breath, and enjoy your new life. Yes, there are "curmudgeons" on TOTV. Also, people for whom TOTV may be their only contact with others. And of course, those who just have to have to last word. Just let it roll off your back because it's their problem, not yours. Come back when you're ready.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Posters come and posters go...…….
And some just go on and on like a broken record!
Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Martian understands my great and unmatched wisdom. I wish him well.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Sorry to see you go M, It can be overwhelming especially when talking about anything controversial. Now you know where the majority stands here with politics, MMJ, and even dog poop lol

I agree with the above poster that said maybe just tune out for a bit. Life is way to short to sweat the small stuff.
Smells like dog poop has taken its toll again.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Martian;1686959]I will be signing out now.

I do detect " Pouting and a sprinkle of Sulking".

So with that in mind, I will give two There There, and three pat's on the shoulder. So pull yourself together time is on your side.

It helps to smile when you wake up. " Bonus Time " There There
Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

For the most part ever since Al Gore invented the internet forums and review sites have been a place to complain both legitimately and falsely. Frankly, I wouldn't take it too seriously especially here where we are mostly all a bunch of alta cockers (*)

(*) YIDDISH WORD of the Day—Alter Cocker | Zisa Moglen's Blog

Last edited by EdFNJ; 10-07-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spullung errar
Old 10-07-2019, 05:12 PM

If Martian signs back onto his thread I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay. What a crack up!
Think Alfred E. Neuman [emoji16]

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,952 Times in 1,706 Posts

While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”:

Guy goes to his to his girlfriend's house for dinner and some tv watching. As they're sitting on the couch watching the tube, the old retriever, Rufus, wanders over and lays right under his feet. The guy, whose stomach has been acting up after eating her cooking, starts getting a bit bloated, the 'ol gut pressure is building up and he really needs to cut the cheese before something internal ruptures.

Finally he can't stand it anymore and cuts a small one, "bwweeeep". The girl, shocked, looks down as says, "Rufus!!". Guy thinks that this is rather fortuitous turn of events so lets another small one loose, for test purposes, "Bwwraaapp". The girl again looks down at the dog, "Rufus!!!"

Thinking he is now home free since she's blaming the poor dog, he waits a couple of minutes then really lets go, "Fweeeeebrapbrapbrapsputsputsputfisssss...." Ah! Relief!

She looks down at the poor dog and exclaims, "Rufus, get out from under there before he craps all over you!!!!!"
Old 10-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”:

Guy goes to his to his girlfriend's house for dinner and some tv watching. As they're sitting on the couch watching the tube, the old retriever, Rufus, wanders over and lays right under his feet. The guy, whose stomach has been acting up after eating her cooking, starts getting a bit bloated, the 'ol gut pressure is building up and he really needs to cut the cheese before something internal ruptures.

Finally he can't stand it anymore and cuts a small one, "bwweeeep". The girl, shocked, looks down as says, "Rufus!!". Guy thinks that this is rather fortuitous turn of events so lets another small one loose, for test purposes, "Bwwraaapp". The girl again looks down at the dog, "Rufus!!!"

Thinking he is now home free since she's blaming the poor dog, he waits a couple of minutes then really lets go, "Fweeeeebrapbrapbrapsputsputsputfisssss...." Ah! Relief!

She looks down at the poor dog and exclaims, "Rufus, get out from under there before he craps all over you!!!!!"

You're getting "alter cocker" mixed up with "alter caca."
Old 10-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

Confusing cocker with caca is called sharting.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 10-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”: . . .
Good one!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM

:BigApplaus e:
Closed Thread

Tags
people, ice, time, rules, cold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.