Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2019, 04:03 PM

Martian understands my great and unmatched wisdom. I wish him well.

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell

Old 10-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
Sorry to see you go M, It can be overwhelming especially when talking about anything controversial. Now you know where the majority stands here with politics, MMJ, and even dog poop lol

I agree with the above poster that said maybe just tune out for a bit. Life is way to short to sweat the small stuff.
Smells like dog poop has taken its toll again.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-07-2019, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=Martian;1686959]I will be signing out now.

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

I am now going back to enjoy my cool aide and all that TV has to offer.

I do detect " Pouting and a sprinkle of Sulking".

So with that in mind, I will give two There There, and three pat's on the shoulder. So pull yourself together time is on your side.

It helps to smile when you wake up. " Bonus Time " There There
Old 10-07-2019, 05:08 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martian View Post
I will be signing out now.

It seems this is a place for people to come and complain about how horrible everything is here in the Villages.

I really hope this is just a concentration of people wanting to bitch, and not a feature of actual real life in TV. So far every single neighbor we have spoken with and gotten to know has been the opposite of people here on TOTV.

I really didn't come to TV to spend my time debating if the Ice is too cold or too hot and just what are the rules around Ice.

So, I wish for you all to live long, to prosper and be happy with the time you have left.

I am now going back to enjoy my cool aide and all that TV has to offer.
For the most part ever since Al Gore invented the internet forums and review sites have been a place to complain both legitimately and falsely. Frankly, I wouldn't take it too seriously especially here where we are mostly all a bunch of alta cockers (*)

(*) YIDDISH WORD of the Day—Alter Cocker | Zisa Moglen's Blog

Last edited by EdFNJ; 10-07-2019 at 06:22 PM. Reason: spullung errar
The Following User Says Thank You to EdFNJ For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 05:12 PM

If Martian signs back onto his thread I don't see why he wouldn't want to stay. What a crack up!
Think Alfred E. Neuman Good bye, and thanks for all the fish...

"The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears..."
George Orwell
Old 10-07-2019, 05:32 PM
Gold member

While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”:

Guy goes to his to his girlfriend's house for dinner and some tv watching. As they're sitting on the couch watching the tube, the old retriever, Rufus, wanders over and lays right under his feet. The guy, whose stomach has been acting up after eating her cooking, starts getting a bit bloated, the 'ol gut pressure is building up and he really needs to cut the cheese before something internal ruptures.

Finally he can't stand it anymore and cuts a small one, "bwweeeep". The girl, shocked, looks down as says, "Rufus!!". Guy thinks that this is rather fortuitous turn of events so lets another small one loose, for test purposes, "Bwwraaapp". The girl again looks down at the dog, "Rufus!!!"

Thinking he is now home free since she's blaming the poor dog, he waits a couple of minutes then really lets go, "Fweeeeebrapbrapbrapsputsputsputfisssss...." Ah! Relief!

She looks down at the poor dog and exclaims, "Rufus, get out from under there before he craps all over you!!!!!"
The Following User Says Thank You to Velvet For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 06:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”:

Guy goes to his to his girlfriend's house for dinner and some tv watching. As they're sitting on the couch watching the tube, the old retriever, Rufus, wanders over and lays right under his feet. The guy, whose stomach has been acting up after eating her cooking, starts getting a bit bloated, the 'ol gut pressure is building up and he really needs to cut the cheese before something internal ruptures.

Finally he can't stand it anymore and cuts a small one, "bwweeeep". The girl, shocked, looks down as says, "Rufus!!". Guy thinks that this is rather fortuitous turn of events so lets another small one loose, for test purposes, "Bwwraaapp". The girl again looks down at the dog, "Rufus!!!"

Thinking he is now home free since she's blaming the poor dog, he waits a couple of minutes then really lets go, "Fweeeeebrapbrapbrapsputsputsputfisssss...." Ah! Relief!

She looks down at the poor dog and exclaims, "Rufus, get out from under there before he craps all over you!!!!!"

You're getting "alter cocker" mixed up with "alter caca."
Old 10-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Sage

Location: NJ, NY, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NM, CA, ID and finally FL.

Confusing cocker with caca is called sharting.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
The Following User Says Thank You to manaboutown For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2019, 06:45 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
While looking up what “alter cocker” might be in English, I came across this story of an “Old Fart”: . . .
Good one!
Old 10-07-2019, 07:19 PM

:BigApplaus e:
Closed Thread

Tags
people, ice, time, rules, cold