A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2016, 08:57 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Default A good deal for someone!

As I own a Holly, I have been looking at the resale value of the Bridgeport/Boxwood/Holly Designer homes for curiosity sake. There is a Bridgeport open house today that sold new in 2014 for $315,384. Two years later, they are asking $319,000. While it doesn’t appear to have any upgrades, it looks new and might be a good deal for a buyer. Although, you can purchase a new 2016 Bridgeport for $314,796.

Last edited by twoplanekid; 02-11-2016 at 09:05 AM.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Here is another good deal on a Bridgeport Designer home located in Lake Deaton. It was sold in January of 2015 for $593,000 and can be yours today for $599,000. It appears that upgrades have been made to the house and it’s Turn Key with furniture/appliances.

http://www.thevillages.com/HomeFinde...etail/S236H.13
Old 04-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You do realize that the same model home will have different values due to it's location?

I think the Bridgeport is a great model for those who like a big kitchen and if I remember it has a desk in the kitchen too. The only thing I didn't like was the lanai was enclosed on three sides and couldn't catch the breezes. Lovely home with extra half bath.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:45 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
You do realize that the same model home will have different values due to it's location?

I think the Bridgeport is a great model for those who like a big kitchen and if I remember it has a desk in the kitchen too. The only thing I didn't like was the lanai was enclosed on three sides and couldn't catch the breezes. Lovely home with extra half bath.
Yes - location location - just look at this lanai and heated pool - if only my wife would let us move and could come up with the extra money.
Old 04-13-2016, 09:02 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
Yes - location location - just look at this lanai and heated pool - if only my wife would let us move and could come up with the extra money.
Same thing that ruined my golf game.... "Wife and money"
Old 05-13-2016, 05:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Here is another good deal on a Bridgeport Designer home located in Lake Deaton. It was sold in January of 2015 for $593,000 and can be yours today for $599,000. It appears that upgrades have been made to the house and it’s Turn Key with furniture/appliances.
The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
I always feel sad when I see a home for sale that has been recently purchased in a new area and lovingly furnished and luxuriously updated. Someone's dreams and plans didn't work out.
It's none of my business, and I'm not asking anyone to speculate.
T
here are many possible reasons - some are very private and personal and often sad.
Just a sentimental observation; and feeling lucky and grateful for the nine years we've owned a home in The Villages.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:26 PM
Veteran member

Good thing those houses gained a few thousand in a few years since nobody ever loses money here!
Old 05-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Gold member
Location: Philadelphia & Lower Gwynedd, PA, Ocean City, NJ, Wesley Chapel, FL and The Village of St. James

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Good thing those houses gained a few thousand in a few years since nobody ever loses money here!
Factor in closing cost, commissions, furniture, the pool heater, closets added in the garage. I'd say no one made a few thousand dollars.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
I always feel sad when I see a home for sale that has been recently purchased in a new area and lovingly furnished and luxuriously updated. Someone's dreams and plans didn't work out.
It's none of my business, and I'm not asking anyone to speculate.
T
here are many possible reasons - some are very private and personal and often sad.
Just a sentimental observation; and feeling lucky and grateful for the nine years we've owned a home in The Villages.

A very nice post.

My very first round here as a renter, was with a very large group of regulars who even had their own shirts made.

While playing, a siren could be heard in the distance.

One of the guys in the groups stated "another tee time available at Palmer."

I wasn't sure what he meant, but when told, I wasn't amused.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:46 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Yeah, we have the same reaction. We saw a listing for a beautiful resale in Pine Hills that had never actually been occupied, and we thought about the owners whose plans did not work out.

Of course, the same thing may happen to us. We close on our Virginia house on Tuesday and plan to arrive in TV on Thursday, where we plan to rent for five months. We put down a deposit on a lot in Osceola Hills and, if all goes well, our new house will be built by October. However, if our plans go awry, no one should feel too sorry for us because we have had 45 years of a great marriage and four grandkids, which is a lot more than most people can ever dream of.
Old 06-15-2016, 06:00 PM
Platinum member

While not my favorite design, I love the view and the landscaping. I have passed by this home many a time on the way to my house. It sold for $582,000 in 2014. The bond, around 30,000 is paid and a lot of money has been spent both inside and out on this house. It’s a steal at $649,900. VLS 221303

The Villages - Search for New, Pre-owned Homes and Villas in The Villages, Florida
Old 06-25-2016, 02:33 PM
Platinum member

Another good value for today is the house located where our street tees into Underbrush Trail. This one sold for $236,496 in 2014 and has been reduced to $249,900. It has many new enhancements that must total well over $18,000 that include a glass enclosed lanai, new 11’ X 17’ birdcage with electricity, custom blinds, palm trees and other items I haven’t yet added to our house.

It’s another case of Village owners upgrading a first time TV home and then deciding to move to another one in The Villages. So, if you’re looking to move it’s a good deal with plenty of super people up the street.

VLS 220594

Old 06-25-2016, 02:42 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Is this a real estate thread? Is the OP a realtor?
Old 06-25-2016, 02:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
Is this a real estate thread? Is the OP a realtor?
Sorry, I just enjoy looking at houses for sale in TV that are located in my favorite Village of Lake Deaton. As someone else would say, I have no association with the developer but love this place called The Villages.
Old 06-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,674 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
It’s another case of Village owners upgrading a first time TV home and then deciding to move to another one in The Villages.
Maybe they got tired of turning left on Hillsborough during the busy season.

Another poster (Golfing Eagles or Bogie Shooter, I think) warned us about that turn being difficult and that is why we have avoided that area.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesn’t, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.