A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 06-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
Maybe they got tired of turning left on Hillsborough during the busy season.

Another poster (Golfing Eagles or Bogie Shooter, I think) warned us about that turn being difficult and that is why we have avoided that area.
I send my wife out to stop the traffic if she is with me or turn right if alone.

A traffic light might be nice but I haven't seen many of those things down in TV.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
A traffic light might be nice but I haven't seen many of those things down in TV.
We haven't seen any traffic lights alone Morse and Buena Vista (except where they cross 466 or 466A), but we saw a couple along Canal St where it crosses Odell and Bonita.

I agree traffic lights would help along Hillsborough and Pinellas. Before we moved down here, I looked at Google maps a lot and noticed three cars backed up on Warnock trying to turn left on Hillsborough. We also saw several cars at the intersection of Pinellas and Charlotte, so it looked like that would be a tough intersection as well.

That is why we are renting in Osceola Hills. The pools are inside our neighborhood and, since there is a roundabout where Deskin enters Morse, it is easy to go either north or south on Morse.

I guess we can all decide what is important to us. We just do not like turning left onto a 4-lane road without a traffic light or roundabout to help us.
Old 06-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Maybe they got tired of turning left on Hillsborough during the busy season.

Another poster (Golfing Eagles or Bogie Shooter, I think) warned us about that turn being difficult and that is why we have avoided that area.
Not me.
Old 06-26-2016, 04:53 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Sorry, I just enjoy looking at houses for sale in TV that are located in my favorite Village of Lake Deaton. As someone else would say, I have no association with the developer but love this place called The Villages.
twoplanekid: Oh sorry.
Old 06-26-2016, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
A very nice post.

My very first round here as a renter, was with a very large group of regulars who even had their own shirts made.

While playing, a siren could be heard in the distance.

One of the guys in the groups stated "another tee time available at Palmer."

I wasn't sure what he meant, but when told, I wasn't amused.
The very reason why I'll be retiring at 62
Old 06-26-2016, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I just enjoy looking at houses for sale in TV that are located in my favorite Village of Lake Deaton. As someone else would say, I have no association with the developer but love this place called The Villages.
I totally get it! My sister and I who are in different states, are always sending notes back and forth regarding places for sale in the Villages. "Somebody is taking a bath on this one", "This one won't last" or "You won't believe the decorating in this one".

It's like a hobby! Just one of the many things I do as a Villager.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Naw.....you are pulling on our collective legs. You can't suddenly have "got religion" and stopped wanting to tweak things.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:09 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
We haven't seen any traffic lights alone Morse and Buena Vista (except where they cross 466 or 466A), but we saw a couple along Canal St where it crosses Odell and Bonita.

I agree traffic lights would help along Hillsborough and Pinellas. Before we moved down here, I looked at Google maps a lot and noticed three cars backed up on Warnock trying to turn left on Hillsborough. We also saw several cars at the intersection of Pinellas and Charlotte, so it looked like that would be a tough intersection as well.

That is why we are renting in Osceola Hills. The pools are inside our neighborhood and, since there is a roundabout where Deskin enters Morse, it is easy to go either north or south on Morse.

I guess we can all decide what is important to us. We just do not like turning left onto a 4-lane road without a traffic light or roundabout to help us.
You saw 3 cars waiting to make a left turn on Warnock with Google maps ??? How do you do that ?
Old 06-26-2016, 06:46 AM
Platinum member
Default earth view

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
You saw 3 cars waiting to make a left turn on Warnock with Google maps ??? How do you do that ?
once you find the location on the map you can get googe maps to go to the earth view. I use it quite a bit to see what a neighborhood actually looks like from ground level. He probably saw the cars lined up for the left turn if it has a left turn lane.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

How did I miss that!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (7).jpg
Views:	236
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	60463  
Old 06-26-2016, 07:30 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCsun View Post
I totally get it! My sister and I who are in different states, are always sending notes back and forth regarding places for sale in the Villages. "Somebody is taking a bath on this one", "This one won't last" or "You won't believe the decorating in this one".

It's like a hobby! Just one of the many things I do as a Villager.
me too...... love to look... There are a lot of fantastic buys out there in Piney Ridge.....resales less than purchase within a year and bond paid.....wow...
Old 06-26-2016, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Any good buys for a Tulip in the village of Keukenhof ?
Old 06-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

///

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-17-2018 at 07:36 AM.
Old 06-26-2016, 11:16 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Piney Ridge, you say??? Ain't no Piney Ridge, honey.

Link us to that, Kstew. You who live off the reservation, down the road from The Villages.......and rent out your property here.

What is a Yoot? - YouTube
Old 06-26-2016, 12:00 PM
Gold member
Default Re: Retiring at 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
The very reason why I'll be retiring at 62
So many thoughts to share-
First as mom used to say-MAN PLANS AND GOD LAUGHS.
If, I recall if you choose to take social security at 62 compared to 65, it is about 30% less for life. Increases are also a percentage of what you are getting.
Medical insurance will cost you about 12,000 for two people until you reach 65.
We all need to decide, how much do I need to have saved to??????
All you need to know is exactly when you will die, exactly when your wife or? will die. Rate of inflation for the next 40 years or so. Rate of inflation for medical care. Investment returns for the next 40 years. Money you plan or do not plan on leaving for your heirs. WHAT OUR GOVERNMENT WILL DO-NOT THIS YEAR BUT OVER THE NEXT 40 YEARS.
OH AND ALL THE THINGS I'M SURE I DID NOT MENTION-THEN YOU CAN KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN AND SHOULD DO.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesnt, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.