A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 06-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
So many thoughts to share-
First as mom used to say-MAN PLANS AND GOD LAUGHS.
If, I recall if you choose to take social security at 62 compared to 65, it is about 30% less for life. Increases are also a percentage of what you are getting.
Medical insurance will cost you about 12,000 for two people until you reach 65.
We all need to decide, how much do I need to have saved to??????
All you need to know is exactly when you will die, exactly when your wife or? will die. Rate of inflation for the next 40 years or so. Rate of inflation for medical care. Investment returns for the next 40 years. Money you plan or do not plan on leaving for your heirs. WHAT OUR GOVERNMENT WILL DO-NOT THIS YEAR BUT OVER THE NEXT 40 YEARS.
OH AND ALL THE THINGS I'M SURE I DID NOT MENTION-THEN YOU CAN KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN AND SHOULD DO.
I missed where he said he was going to start collecting SS at 62, he just said that he was retiring at that age.

None of us know how long we will live, but having a rock-solid pension that covers all living/recreation costs, with substantial savings/investments as an additional buffer and then SS as a sweetener, allows some of us the peace of mind to know that even if we make it to 100 years old our lifestyle will not be in jeopardy.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:50 PM

If you want to keep tabs on your new lot, we have a lovely furnished rental nearby. Email purplelandlady@gmail.com for pics, prices and info.
You're going to love it here.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I missed where he said he was going to start collecting SS at 62, he just said that he was retiring at that age.

None of us know how long we will live, but having a rock-solid pension that covers all living/recreation costs, with substantial savings/investments as an additional buffer and then SS as a sweetener, allows some of us the peace of mind to know that even if we make it to 100 years old our lifestyle will not be in jeopardy.
Actually, me and the misses were planning to jump off the top of the water tower at Turtle Mound when the money runs out in 10 years
Old 06-26-2016, 02:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Piney Ridge, you say??? Ain't no Piney Ridge, honey.

Link us to that, Kstew.

After checking on Lake Property Appraiser site. Out of eight listed on The Villages site as used, In Pine Ridge, One is listed at six thousand less than was paid for it a short time ago.
For sale VLS

Lanata on water....3bed/2bath 3 car garage.....lovely home...Kramer Ct
Was $399..now $389 BOND PAID ....$25k.... purchased 2015 over asking price....

fantastic deal.....

.......just saying...... 3 more in pine ridge that I know of...

Its seems to be a Buyers Market out there at the moment......

Last edited by kstew43; 06-26-2016 at 06:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2016, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

We will be selling this winter. It's a Bridgeport that was expanded in the back the front and up. Has a pool with a very large cage. It is in Virginia Trace which I guess everyone knows were that is. It is a nice floor plan and yes the kitchen is large. Very large master and dinning room.Four feet added on that and the original lanai. Garage was added two feet and has a eight foot door. Had a pickup with a tall cap when we built it in 2005. I think the foot print of the house is around 3000 square feet but with the pool and the cage that pretty much doubles it. Moving back to the ocean nothing against TV.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:01 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts
Default Your kidding right

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
We haven't seen any traffic lights alone Morse and Buena Vista (except where they cross 466 or 466A), but we saw a couple along Canal St where it crosses Odell and Bonita.

I agree traffic lights would help along Hillsborough and Pinellas. Before we moved down here, I looked at Google maps a lot and noticed three cars backed up on Warnock trying to turn left on Hillsborough. We also saw several cars at the intersection of Pinellas and Charlotte, so it looked like that would be a tough intersection as well.

That is why we are renting in Osceola Hills. The pools are inside our neighborhood and, since there is a roundabout where Deskin enters Morse, it is easy to go either north or south on Morse.

I guess we can all decide what is important to us. We just do not like turning left onto a 4-lane road without a traffic light or roundabout to help us.
Three car backup is a problem?
Old 06-27-2016, 06:45 AM

Are home prices for preowned becoming stagnate?
Old 06-27-2016, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred R View Post
Are home prices for preowned becoming stagnate?
Not in our village. Two came up for sale in last few months, sold in two days and one week for much more than was paid for them.
Old 06-27-2016, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
So many thoughts to share-
First as mom used to say-MAN PLANS AND GOD LAUGHS.
If, I recall if you choose to take social security at 62 compared to 65, it is about 30% less for life. Increases are also a percentage of what you are getting.
For those who are turning 55 now (or anyone born in 1959 or later) the full SS age is 67. We've run into the trailing edge of the baby boomer, many of whom don't believe they will ever see SS. I would imagine anyone retiring at 62 or below has a solid investment portfolio and is looking at SS as pin money.

I retired at 40. I'll start collecting my SS at 67.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:03 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Yes, especially when there are other areas that do not have that problem.
Old 06-27-2016, 08:48 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I have experienced longer waits at traffic lights back in Urbana. It’s not an issue for me although I am still a snow bird having spent only two winters at our house in Lake Deaton.

I do believe that the sun angle is a little better in Lake Deaton.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:50 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

There are still a number of contractors/handymen/landscapers etc. traveling around villages south of 466A. Don't you think eventually this will "slow a bit" and traffic around this area will not be quite the same? That is not to say there will not be some traffic in a community as large as TV.

There will always be real estate for sale in a retirement community. A house will sell for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Sometimes it sells a bit above market and sometimes a bit below depending a lot on "presentation" and, of course, current supply and demand.

Mostly now as a hobby, I too keep an eye on the real estate market in TV. Occasionaly there are opportunities but rarely is there "a steal" or a "super bargain" in TV. The Developer has done a fantastic job of marketing this place and when you buy here you are buying into a lifestyle more than just buying a house as we did prior to retirement.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgind View Post
We will be selling this winter. It's a Bridgeport that was expanded in the back the front and up. Has a pool with a very large cage. It is in Virginia Trace which I guess everyone knows were that is. It is a nice floor plan and yes the kitchen is large. Very large master and dinning room.Four feet added on that and the original lanai. Garage was added two feet and has a eight foot door. Had a pickup with a tall cap when we built it in 2005. I think the foot print of the house is around 3000 square feet but with the pool and the cage that pretty much doubles it. Moving back to the ocean nothing against TV.
Price? Is the house on a view lot? Please send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks.
Have you selected a destination yet? I'd like to move close to the ocean but Fireboy won't hear of it.
He loves his RC Flyers Clubs and free golf for life.
Old 06-27-2016, 01:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Price? Is the house on a view lot? Please send me a PM if you prefer. Thanks.
Have you selected a destination yet? I'd like to move close to the ocean but Fireboy won't hear of it.
He loves his RC Flyers Clubs and free golf for life.
Free golf for life?
Old 06-27-2016, 01:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Free golf for life?
Yes, of course we play golf free at over 30 Executive courses when we walk.
If you're referring to the monthly Amenity Fee, we paid that fee before we started golfing.
I believe that fee includes many activities, maintenance of common grounds, pickle ball, all swimming pools,
baseball, tennis, dog parks, etc. IMHO, a great bargain.

Last edited by Barefoot; 06-27-2016 at 01:55 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesn’t, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.