A good deal for someone!

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 07:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathrynsews View Post
Very sad when we have to put our dreams aside. Our decision to be here is mostly based on the fact that someday, one of us will be alone. When that sad
day comes, we feel that the one left behind will have a better life and support system here rather than where we came from. Hoping it’s a long way off, and loving our life here.

I pray both of you will have many many happy years together left. While you may have bought for one primary reason, there are many more happy reasons to be here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 01-16-2018, 12:07 AM
Veteran member
Exclamation A Bridgeport with Tons of Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
As I own a Holly, I have been looking at the resale value of the Bridgeport/Boxwood/Holly Designer homes for curiosity sake. There is a Bridgeport open house today that sold new in 2014 for $315,384. Two years later, they are asking $319,000. While it doesn’t appear to have any upgrades, it looks new and might be a good deal for a buyer. Although, you can purchase a new 2016 Bridgeport for $314,796.
Going back to your original post, there is a Bridgeport currently on the market that is an excellent deal. I believe it was mentioned previously, but I'm not going back to read all the threads to find it.

This one is a beauty and almost everything has been updated. It's on a 1/4 acre cul-de-sac lot and has been stretched on every side -- front, back and sides. This Bridgeport has a 4th bedroom with a 1/2 bath off the kitchen area and an extra room has been added on off the master bedroom with a wall-to-wall closet. These rooms could be used for just about anything, however -- a den, office, media room, mother-in-law suite, etc.

Based on the almost 3,400 air conditioned square feet, this house would be terrific for those who want more house than the standard Bridgeport, with upgrades, and will probably sell for a little less that the roughly $159 a square foot that it's listed at. I've seen this house and it is very nice.
Old 01-16-2018, 04:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default I'm sure we have all lived in homes too big

One of our homes in NC, a tudor, half of home was never used, soooo, when we came to TV, we got smart. I'm sure the majority of us rattle around in 3 rooms in the house, bedroom, kitchen, tv room, oops forgot most important the BATHROOM, ha! The older we get, this is our new lifestyle. Our good friends in Arkansas have a beautiful home, they told us that the 2nd floor is empty, kids move, take furniture with them, walaa, empty! Their 5 bedroom home has been reduced to 2, in the mean time, paying lot of overhead for what?? With lots of family there, that is home!
Our kids live in Orlando, so moving here was a no brainer. If I could scrap up this "La Palermo" model (bet no one has heard of it) and move to golf course lot, that would be PERFECT!
One of the unique things about this model, guest suite is TOTALLY separate from house, guests have their privacy and love it.
Lots of talk on this thread about new Villages south of 466, and of course we all love the area that we settled in.
Our home is in La Zamora, good location, but aren't they all!
I guess the point of this post IS, love your life, no matter where or how big, but more important love the one your with and enjoy our piece of paradise.
Old 01-16-2018, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
I guess the point of this post IS, love your life, no matter where or how big, but more important love the one your with and enjoy our piece of paradise.
In response to your thoughts, this is what Henry David Thoreau said:

“However mean your life is, meet and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. ... The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. ... Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. ... Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts… Superfluous wealth can buy superfluities only. Money is not required to buy one necessary of the soul.”
Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In response to your thoughts, this is what Henry David Thoreau said:

“However mean your life is, meet and live it; do not shun it and call it hard names. ... The fault-finder will find faults even in paradise. ... Do not trouble yourself much to get new things, whether clothes or friends. ... Things do not change; we change. Sell your clothes and keep your thoughts… Superfluous wealth can buy superfluities only. Money is not required to buy one necessary of the soul.”
:BigApplaus e:
Old 01-16-2018, 10:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

There is a new Mossy Oak (3 bdr 3 bath) on sale for $272K on Wheelock in Osceola Hills. It is on a small lot but there is a LOT of open space behind it, thanks to our house and others having large back yards. We really hope someone nice moves in.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
Factor in closing cost, commissions, furniture, the pool heater, closets added in the garage. I'd say no one made a few thousand dollars.
And bond payments. No one made money.
Old 01-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
There is a new Mossy Oak (3 bdr 3 bath) on sale for $272K on Wheelock in Osceola Hills. It is on a small lot but there is a LOT of open space behind it, thanks to our house and others having large back yards. We really hope someone nice moves in.
I hope so too. You are nice folks.
Old 01-17-2018, 10:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I hope so too. You are nice folks.
Thanks for the kind thoughts, Gracie.

This morning we saw from our lanai a couple and a realtor looking at the house. I walked over to tell them that we had no intention of putting in a pool and our neighbors, who recently put in beautiful extensive landscaping, don't plan to have a pool either. In other words, what they see from their lanai is what they will get.

Later that afternoon, we saw the house was sold.
Closed Thread

Tags
deal, good, $319, 000, years, $315, 384, buyer, upgrades, doesn’t, house, resale, holly, bridgeport/boxwood/holly, designer, bridgeport, open, today, homes, curiosity, sake, sold

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.