Good Neighbor Service Smart

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2021, 06:51 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Why a new govt. regulation!
Old 08-02-2021, 06:52 AM

This company ripped us off from the start. My own fault for being so trusting, but I filed complaints with the BBB, Senior Vs Crimes AND the attorney general's office last November. The BBB says they can't help anyone with this company because according to the Division of Corporations for the state of FL, Good Neighbor Service/Service Smart is no longer in business and the contract with their Ocala address/phone # is invalid. Yet, they continue to answer the phone as "Good Neighbor Service" and the caller ID shows as Service Smart. They even had the balls to send us a new contract for signature and requested payment in full for the next year in July!!! We received NONE of the services the contract says. If I wanted the lawn mowed, I had to call and complain vehemently. Sometimes it was as long as 2 months between mowings. We rarely had pest control/fertilization/weed services. The last we heard from one of the other landscape services was that the IRS is now after both Roy Blackburn and Kenny Smith for tax evasion, so they're more than in a little heap of trouble. I hope they hang their sorry butts from the highest yardarm and leave them there!!
Old 08-02-2021, 07:00 AM
Default Terrible company.

Attached is a picture of my lawn. And yes Good Neighbor is my service. Can’t wait til the contract ends next month. Had to call them each week to mow and had to call monthly to fertilize. Terrible.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	B0C222DD-73D4-43AB-AF21-42538158B9A8.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	90292  
Old 08-02-2021, 07:57 AM

I have them for lawn services since April and I just have to stay on them. When i call the tell they will be out and take care of it and they come out and correct the issue.
Old 08-02-2021, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

omg, i feel for you
Old 08-02-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
We're still fairly new here (less than a year). I've found that the absolute best resource for researching a service you might need is right here, on TOTV. The merchants apparently monitor it as well; I was getting estimates on some work and one of the merchants who I called made it a point to say that he had gotten "a lot of good reviews" from Villagers.
I’m sure you mean well however there is a lot of inaccurate information posting as if it were accurate. Happened to me over a simple error got 6 replies all different and none of them were accurate.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
The first thing your real estate agent should have you sign, is the notice not to give any money up front to any contractor. It should be big signs and billboards all on the highways. No money up front no money up front no money up front
Assuming that was a joke why would any sales person tell you to sign anything other than an agreement. All they care about is their commission and will say anything to get the sale.

Never listen to anyone in sales and real estate in the state of Florida. Period.
Old 08-02-2021, 08:19 AM
Default Not me

A few years ago we prepaid for a year with Service Smart (I know, dumb move) and they promised to get our lawn looking great. After a few months, if anything, it looked worse and we had a knock at the door and a Service Smart salesman was offering their services to make our lawn look great. I very cooly informed him we already used them and were not happy. He did have the decency to look abashed. We very quickly moved on when our year was up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In the Daily Sun a couple days ago, there was an article stating that our State Attorney General was taking action against the landscaping company Good Neighbor/Service Smart.

Do any of you want to come to their defense?
Old 08-02-2021, 08:22 AM

An answer to the question from VA people, if you take the time to review the numerous negative replies your question will be answered.

Quote:
In the Daily Sun a couple days ago, there was an article stating that our State Attorney General was taking action against the landscaping company Good Neighbor/Service Smart.

Old 08-02-2021, 10:58 AM

When I worked for Seniors vs Crime 5 years ago, Service Smart cases were handled separately from all other cases. They had an entire filing cabinet and we were collecting these cases for the Attorney General
Old 08-02-2021, 12:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,423 Times in 5,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by worcester View Post
When I worked for Seniors vs Crime 5 years ago, Service Smart cases were handled separately from all other cases. They had an entire filing cabinet and we were collecting these cases for the Attorney General
The obvious question is, why did Seniors vs Crime and the Attorney General allow the company to continue to rip off Villagers for the past 5 years?
Old 08-02-2021, 02:05 PM

NO!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2021, 09:19 PM
Default I'll bite

Quote:

Yes I have used Service Smart and they did a great job on our landscape, in fact 3.5 years later I still have people stop and ask what company we had do it. I can also say many people in our neighborhood used them. Why? They showed up I called a number of landscape companies and only a few showed up, the ones that did really wasn't that impressive, so we worked with Service Smart... Now lawn service I was not pleased and changed to a big name (one of the big ones), fired them charged my cc and put in my account they performed the service not once but multiple times. Another smaller service, great references, came when they pleased usually every two weeks after I called, one more, same problems. I brought Good Neighbor back 6 months ago, they are doing a great job. Kenny responds immediately if I need anything....

Last edited by BiPartisan; 08-03-2021 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Default No refund

Quote:

When they were still Service Mart they refused to acknowledge we were owed a refund after they stopped providing their services. We had a yearly contract. Grrr
Closed Thread

Tags
good, smart, neighbor/service, action, landscaping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.