Good Neighbor Service Smart

Closed Thread
Old 07-31-2021, 10:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts
Default Good Neighbor Service Smart

In the Daily Sun a couple days ago, there was an article stating that our State Attorney General was taking action against the landscaping company Good Neighbor/Service Smart.

Do any of you want to come to their defense?
Old 07-31-2021, 10:46 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

I have heard nothing good about that service in the year and a half I have been. here. I have heard a lot of negative. I think I will pass on coming to their aide.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

i read the report & couldn't have been more pleased. this guy was @ our door several times, i didn't like him from the start. he returned several more times saying he was 'the preferred' landscaper here, & that it was a no-brainer NOT to hire him. he expected our business! yeah, right
Old 08-01-2021, 05:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,671 Times in 625 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i read the report & couldn't have been more pleased. this guy was @ our door several times, i didn't like him from the start. he returned several more times saying he was 'the preferred' landscaper here, & that it was a no-brainer NOT to hire him. he expected our business! yeah, right
I'm surprised he was so persistent.

When we moved here five years ago, I was warned about them. A couple days after we moved in, a nice young lady came by and said she was from Service Smart. I said, "No, we have been warned about you", and she left. That was all.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:35 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,427 Posts

Why on earth would anyone want to defend them, they have been ripping off homeowners and suppliers for years and truthfully they all deserve prison time, they are leaches to say the least.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

When we moved here last year I had not heard of them when they arrived knocking on my door. I just politely said I wasn't interested. Luckily, I had been warned to NOT do any business with any door knockers. So, Iucked out. They also gave me the, "we are the approved lawn care service in the villages". That was kind of a hint...
Old 08-01-2021, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,420 Times in 5,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
In the Daily Sun a couple days ago, there was an article stating that our State Attorney General was taking action against the landscaping company Good Neighbor/Service Smart.

It's long overdue. Senior vs Crime, which is funded by the Attorney General, has a huge file of complaints against the company, going back many years. But, I wonder what it means to be "taking action" against the company. These news stories often sound good, but you rarely hear the final result. Also, if the action is against the company only, they can just file for bankruptcy and start another company.
Old 08-01-2021, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,588 Times in 1,501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It's long overdue. Senior vs Crime, which is funded by the Attorney General, has a huge file of complaints against the company, going back many years. But, I wonder what it means to be "taking action" against the company. These news stories often sound good, but you rarely hear the final result. Also, if the action is against the company only, they can just file for bankruptcy and start another company.
We're still fairly new here (less than a year). I've found that the absolute best resource for researching a service you might need is right here, on TOTV. The merchants apparently monitor it as well; I was getting estimates on some work and one of the merchants who I called made it a point to say that he had gotten "a lot of good reviews" from Villagers.
Old 08-01-2021, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:

Since you are not coming to their defense why would you expect any one else to, given all the negatives we have heard about them.
Old 08-01-2021, 10:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Since you are not coming to their defense why would you expect any one else to, given all the negatives we have heard about them.
I am pretty sure they don't expect it, that was how I interpreted their post.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,939 Times in 5,278 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I am pretty sure they don't expect it, that was how I interpreted their post.
Wonder why they even posted this. Could be it is a principal of the company trying to get someone to speak up for them.
Old 08-01-2021, 12:23 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Wonder why they even posted this. Could be it is a principal of the company trying to get someone to speak up for them.
I think OP was being facetious.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:03 AM
Default Good neighbor

Quote:

Do any of you want to comto their defense?
I have used them for large landscape work and grass / weed service in Hawkins.
I have had no issues.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:43 AM
Veteran member

The first thing your real estate agent should have you sign, is the notice not to give any money up front to any contractor. It should be big signs and billboards all on the highways. No money up front no money up front no money up front
Old 08-02-2021, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

Better late than never, I guess. This company should have been prosecuted years ago! We warned all our neighbors about the scam but a few signed up for the “service” & regretted it. Never got their $ back. As it has been said many times, never ever pay in advance for a service!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
good, smart, neighbor/service, action, landscaping

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.