Good Old ToTV is alive & well

Closed Thread
Old 02-22-2021, 03:49 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I'm no longer on FB. I don't feel superior about it. I just feel less stressed. Yes, I miss some of the groups I followed (including one that is working toward a cure of the genetic disease from which my kids suffered). However, I do not miss all the political ugliness, most of which was directed at me and people of my political persuasion.

FWIW: Before I deleted my account I downloaded all my FB data. It contains the category "Your Off-Facebook Activity" which is a list of almost a thousand web sites that I had visited over the years along with the time and date of each visit. These are not sites that I visited by clicking on an FB link. They are web sites that I visited using my web browser, totally unrelated to my FB activity. Lord only knows who they were passing that info along to. Just something to keep in mind when you think about what you are getting "for free" on social media.

kathy

The Social Dilemma

I think this should be mandatory watching in school. The way things are going, probably in second grade.
Old 02-22-2021, 05:38 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
The Social Dilemma

I think this should be mandatory watching in school. The way things are going, probably in second grade.
I highly recommend watching this documentary. Makes me think differently every time my cell phone beeps a notification.
Old 02-22-2021, 06:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
The Social Dilemma

I watched and began a thread about this a number of months ago.

As with so very many things, I don't think so many folks understand how such "innocent" things can be "used" to do such evil things.

The world is not the same any more. There are dangers, and dangerous people that on the surface are not so evil, and as with FB are used for nefarious things.

This is a link to that thread, and my last link near the end of the thread is chilling relative to recent events.

The Social Dilemma on Netflix

Last edited by Bucco; 02-22-2021 at 06:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
dewilson58,

I just stopped in for my morning scroll and the first thing I saw was your public service announcement. You’re right. It is nice to see a variety of topics like those you listed.

I have seen two movie threads that I want to take part in, but for now, I am going to resist and get back to my cooking — and listening to Ella Fitzgerald, interspersed with The Rolling Stones and a few of my all-time country favorites — all on my iPod. Yes. I said iPod.

I am the only person in the world not on Facebook. Being (sort of) hooked on TOTV is quite enough cyber-life for me. TOTV is my only social media and through the years, I have appreciated how things (usually) have gone.

See you later at the movies.

Boomerosaurus
Another view about Face Book... I'm a latecomer to that social media giant, perhaps in the last five years. We've lived in five cities and two countries. If it weren't for Face Book, I never would have been able to keep up with all the friends we made in those places, or even our family, which is spread out to both coasts and a few states in between.

Face Book is what you make of it. As I've said before, I get no news or political views there. You can slam it all you want, but there are ways to make it work for you, keep it private and keep you connected with friends and loved ones.

Tags
painting, full, topics, glass, live

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.