Good samaritans still exist!!!

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Old 11-20-2020, 08:04 PM
Default Good samaritans still exist!!!

Once I got home I realized I lost my phone from Spanish Springs where I was in my cart listening to music. In the pitch black was I ever going to find it if it had dropped out of my golf cart? Decided to retrace my steps and hope for the best. Saw nothing till I got back to my parking spot in Spanish Square where a couple recognized me as I was looking on the ground and said "did you lose your phone?" After saying yes they told me who picked it up and I knew who they meant since I'd seen him beside my cart. He wore a Community Watch Security on his back. Wayne picked it up and the good folks that work at the square phoned him, found him driving around and I was able to retrieve my phone from him. WOW!!!! Amazing. I felt elated that outcomes like this are still possible. THANK YOU to all involved in helping me out!!! Hope you all have happy tales from this blessed land too!
Old 11-21-2020, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,674 Times in 745 Posts

Of course they do.
MOST people are good that way.

However, far too many isolated incidences are touted as general conditions and unfortunately focus on the bad among us.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,019 Times in 267 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by La lamy View Post
Once I got home I realized I lost my phone from Spanish Springs where I was in my cart listening to music. In the pitch black was I ever going to find it if it had dropped out of my golf cart? Decided to retrace my steps and hope for the best. Saw nothing till I got back to my parking spot in Spanish Square where a couple recognized me as I was looking on the ground and said "did you lose your phone?" After saying yes they told me who picked it up and I knew who they meant since I'd seen him beside my cart. He wore a Community Watch Security on his back. Wayne picked it up and the good folks that work at the square phoned him, found him driving around and I was able to retrieve my phone from him. WOW!!!! Amazing. I felt elated that outcomes like this are still possible. THANK YOU to all involved in helping me out!!! Hope you all have happy tales from this blessed land too!
That will certainly restore your faith in human nature. Reminds me of the TV commercial where everyone pays a kindness forward.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:35 PM

"Find my phone" on Apple Icloud. Works like a charm. You can even erase it totally.
Old 11-22-2020, 07:45 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 1,171 Times in 471 Posts

99.9% of Villagers are great. The others are leaving. Nothing worse than losing something. Glad you got it back.

Tags
phone, cart, hope, good, back

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.