Good Samaritans in the Villages.

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2017, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts
Thumbs up Good Samaritans in the Villages.

A big shout out to the Villages Regional Hospital nurse yesterday afternoon in the Publix Southern Trace Shopping Center parking lot who helped someone in my family for a good 15 minutes deal with cuts and bruises and the like as well as to all the others who tried to help.

Good Samaritans really help and this VRH nurse was in the right place at the right time yesterday.

Family member is doing well after the little medical problem.

And no ambulance and ride to the hospital needed which is really good.

Feel free to add other stories about Good Samaritans in the Villages.

My family members did not get a name for the nurse but thanks to her. They described her as a very attractive married female blonde nurse of about 35-50. I hope this reaches her eyes and/or ears.
Old 07-22-2017, 07:01 AM
Sage

Not a medical issue....but once my golf cart had a flat tire and I couldn't get a hold of anyone on my phone. A woman came up and asked if she could help me...when I explained my problem she drove me all the way home, going past where she was headed (dinner with friends). I didn't get her contact info. but she told me to "pay it ahead"!! We're blessed to live in such a great community with great people!!
Old 07-22-2017, 07:40 AM
Sage

My experience happened a few years ago while visiting TV. I was having a minor problem with my rental car in a parking lot in one of the TV shopping areas. A very nice man took about 30 minutes out of his day to help me, and he wouldn't accept any money. And of course there are numerous helpful people who have given me directions when I have been lost on the golf cart paths.
Old 07-22-2017, 10:55 AM

One morning, rushing out of the house to a Doctors appointment I grabbed my wallet and walked into the garage. I didn't put the wallet in my pocket immediately and placed it on top of my car as a I grabbed the morning paper. Off I went for my appointment. Arriving I looked for my wallet....not in my pocket nor in the car. Got a very SICK feeling in my stomach. I went home in hopes of tracing my steps to no avail. I get a call from a stranger...he and 6 of his buddies were on the way to play golf. They saw me make a turn on the street when my wallet flew off the car. He said money and credit cards flew all over the place. They all stopped to gather everything. I met him on the golf course to retrieve my wallet...offered to buy them lunch. Said they appreciated the offer but were glad to help...a great bunch.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Veteran member

What a nice thread this is becoming.
Closed Thread

Tags
good, villages, nurse, samaritans, family

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.