Hadley Pool

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Question Hadley Pool

Does anyone know why the nice furniture in the Hadley Pool was replaced? It appeared to be in great shape and very comfortable.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Replaced with older more beat up furniture or nice shiny new furniture???

Is the new furniture uncomfortable? My new friends are buying my house right next to the Hadley pool.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

Lounge chairs seemed to have been changed everywhere. Even at my Bonita Village Pool. The comfortable mesh loungers have been replaced with spanking new vinyl webbing loungers. (no sir, I don't like 'em)

Suggest bringing a good sized towel to lay on the chair while you're sunning for comfort.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Bonita Pool

They replaced the furniture at Bonita with white criss/cross vinyl strap. Not really that comfortable in my opinion. Cross pipe support hit lower back & they don't lay flat, some complaints already because there are no arms to help people up. Just my opinion but I think the vinyl might very well stretch in the heat when people like myself a little on the lumpy side sit on them. There's a saying; new is not always better!
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip0358 View Post
They replaced the furniture at Bonita with white criss/cross vinyl strap. Not really that comfortable in my opinion. Cross pipe support hit lower back & they don't lay flat, some complaints already because there are no arms to help people up. Just my opinion but I think the vinyl might very well stretch in the heat when people like myself a little on the lumpy side sit on them. There's a saying; new is not always better!
I hear what you're saying! The adult pool at the campground in NY where we have been seasonal for years changed their furnature about 5 years ago.

Today,not only can't I use a lounge because of it, but I cannot relax or even sit on anything available at the pool. At first they left me a wooden bench at my request, but at times others would use it and I was SOL. Since then they have removed that bench too! This has caused me to become less interest in swimming and that's regrettable since swimming was the only appreciable form of exercise I'm able to do. I wonder if similar will happen when I finally get a chance to tryout the Hadley pool! The Villages Florida

So as I read the concerns about the reduction of comfort in the new lounges, I'm reminded that I would be thankful if only I could use and enjoy the lounges like the new ones you're discribing and renew my interest in swimming again. I guess the lounge issue is pretty much relative to ones perspective!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 05-28-2011, 11:45 AM
Veteran member

Replaced the ones at Amelia as well. To us it looks not as high quality as what they had been having...though the older ones would get in bad shape from use and being in the weather. Personally I liked what was replaced better than the new!
Old 05-28-2011, 12:29 PM
Default What happens now?

OK looks like no one really like the new stuff. As a guy who is planning on moving to TV very soon, what happens now? Is there a board or some place where ya'll can go to get better stuff? As I understand the system everyone pays for the up keep of all of the common areas? I could be wrong just thought I would see what happens when everything is not rosy. I know I am married to one that would call someboy in a heart beat!

Thanks for any insight
Old 05-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMike View Post
OK looks like no one really like the new stuff. As a guy who is planning on moving to TV very soon, what happens now? Is there a board or some place where ya'll can go to get better stuff? As I understand the system everyone pays for the up keep of all of the common areas? I could be wrong just thought I would see what happens when everything is not rosy. I know I am married to one that would call someboy in a heart beat!

Thanks for any insight
The short answer is no. You really must sit or lie upon the new ones until the powers that be do otherwise.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Pools are run by the VCCD I would contact your VCCD reps and let them know.
Old 05-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The short answer is no. You really must sit or lie upon the new ones until the powers that be do otherwise.
Thanks for the honest answer! Still a little
Old 05-29-2011, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via Yahoo to MelZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelZ View Post
Pools are run by the VCCD I would contact your VCCD reps and let them know.
I Confirmed with a VCCD rep that they changed the furniture because of the age of the old stuff. VCCD is responsible for the Recreation Centers and Pools.

Send any comments Pro or Con to you local Rep.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:11 AM
Sage

"Old Stuff"? .... many of these pools were built in the last 4 years. These were quality chairs with solid frames. I was looking at the lounges in the Sabal Chase pool yesterday.... yes, some of the fabric is getting worn, but, wouldn't it be more cost effective to repair the fabric than replace the whole piece? Especially, when what they are being replaced with is a step back in quality, in my opinion.

I think the vinyl strap chairs look cheaper and are much more uncomfortable. I had read somewhere that the central districts (who manage the amenity budgets) felt the strap chairs would be more economical to repair in the future. OK, I can kind of understand that, but, this wholesale replacement of furniture that is still relatively new puzzles me.
Old 05-29-2011, 07:49 AM
Gold member
Default pools

No puzzle here. Four years old. Used everyday,365 days a year. Many many times a day. New furniture-sounds good to me.You will get used to it.Maybe I would complain if they did not replace the old furniture. Lighten up.
Old 05-29-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
No puzzle here. Four years old. Used everyday,365 days a year. Many many times a day. New furniture-sounds good to me.You will get used to it.Maybe I would complain if they did not replace the old furniture. Lighten up.
The Hadley pool had furniture with a designer label...like Tommy Hilfiger, and it matched the brown colors of the African theme of the that rec center and It was solid material, not strapped material. I loved those chairs.

Oh well. Things wear out. Even me. I hate when that happens.
Old 05-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Gold member
Default pools

I never look for designer labels at the pools.Just use the pool. Colors matching never gave it a thought.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.