Gov closing Bars and nightclubs, restriction on all resturants

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2020, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,591 Times in 5,188 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Since the bars are part of the restaurants I doubt they will be required to close. I suspect that is for stand a lone establishments.
The Governor's order defines bars as:

"an establishment that derives more than 50% of revenue from on-premise alcohol sales."
Old 03-17-2020, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Given the size of some of TV diners, the six foot rule between tables and customers could be a problem.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:47 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Yes, this panic buying has created a real hardship on those of us who cannot get out to physically shop for our food. I rely on Walmart pic-up and because of the selfish people who wouldn't go out to shop, we that relied on this service have no available food source. I did get an order in Sunday evening and pick-up was not available until Tuesday at 6PM. Now I get a message that most of order is out-of-stock. Bread, eggs, milk, crackers, Peanut butter, Boost and frozen foods I ordered....... and they have had to suspend their online shopping. So.... now what happens to those of us who had no other alternative? All this thanks to the panic buying of selfish people who have no consideration of others. And before everyone jumps on this, I do understand that Walmart could not have foreseen this and of course, would be shorted on stock . And I understand we are not the only family with limitations on how we shop..... but this service is used by thousands of young, healthy people who use it as a time saver, who could have considered going in to the store to make their purchases and not overwhelmed the online service to the point it had to shut down. I think at this point I am more concerned over the fall-out from the panic shopping than I am of actually being affected by the virus. I told my spouse we are more likely to die of starvation than the flu, lol.
Not to mention the folks who have hoarded alcohol and alcohol prep pads making it impossible for diabetics to secure their testing supplies! Not even easy to find soap!

Old 03-17-2020, 03:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky have closed all restaurants, bars. Take out only. Volunteer lay-off first. Still takes good amount of staff to run take out.

However without alcohol, their numbers are running about 25% of total intake per day. Growlers can be filled, and dispensed.

Social Media is asking those to support businesses by online ordering, and phone calls.
Old 03-17-2020, 03:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
The Governor's order defines bars as:

"an establishment that derives more than 50% of revenue from on-premise alcohol sales."
Like City Fire, Cody's.........
Old 03-17-2020, 03:41 PM

Close all the bars==can't happen in The Villages. There would be a major riot
Old 03-17-2020, 04:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Given the size of some of TV diners, the six foot rule between tables and customers could be a problem.
Given the size of some of the people in the villages 6' would be tight fit
Old 03-17-2020, 04:43 PM
Platinum member

If they close the pool bar at Lopez I can return to the idyllic days of swimming in an environment where one can hear the birds chirp instead of an alcohol-fueled cacophony.
Old 03-18-2020, 05:40 AM

I live in the V. of Duval and if I can help you at all by doing some shopping for you, I will. I can't produce the food that isn't on the shelves but I can try to get what you need if possible. Please let me know how I can help.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:10 AM

If none of your friends or neighbors will help/shop for you, please contact me and I'll see what I can do.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:55 AM

I don't drive. Have been using Instacart with Publix for a year. Now with the service being overwhelmed deliveries & basic products severely limited. I tries to place an order Tuesday. I received a warning that delivery would be Friday but many basic items(bread,milk,eggs) could be out of stock. This is a real problem for me.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:00 AM

This will finally wake up the virus deniers in TV. This is the new normal, maintain social distancing ( 6 feet). This is no alarmist. Even Fox News has changed its tune and realize they are wrong in minimizing the virus and putting their elderly viewership At risk. Stay safe
Old 03-18-2020, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
If you look at my older posts about Corona I may have sort of suggested that this was just media hype or a hoax and it was fully under control, just one guy from China

But in reality I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.

I'm counting on you have a bad short term memory, but you're my friends.
Consider it forgotten
Old 03-18-2020, 07:28 AM
Sage

City Fire Bar & Cody's Bar closed, wow all the DUI lawyers in the area may have to go on unemployment
Old 03-18-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Katie Belle's advertisement today is Piano Bar Request Night. What the ? The governor told bars and restaurants to shut down 5 PM yesterday. Is this a technicality of claiming to be a restaurant ? B.S. 1. It says Piano BAR 2. If this place isn't a nightclub please point me to one and describe the difference. What good is a social quarantine if only some play the rules and others duck under technicalities. Could be the establishment has not caught up with a published cancelation notice. If that's the case Thanks for doing your part if not shame on you.
Closed Thread

Tags
bars, nightclubs, gov, capacity, limit

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.