Gov Desantis coming to TV tomorrow re Covid-19 TV Test Site

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2020, 06:05 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Gov Desantis coming to TV tomorrow re Covid-19 TV Test Site

Governor: ‘Golf cart’ drive-thru coronavirus test site at The Villages possible
‘They’re not going to be driving their automobiles but their golf carts,’ Gov. Ron DeSantis says

DeSanitis spoke about opening a pop-up COVID-19 testing site in the retirement community of The Villages, because of the demographic. According to the Centers for Disease Control Prevention, those over 65 and people with pre-existing health conditions are most at risk for the virus. However, younger populations can still become critically ill as well, according to a CDC report released this week.

“Only at The Villages they’re not going to be driving their automobiles but their golf carts,” the governor quipped.

Governor: ‘Golf cart’ drive-thru coronavirus test site at The Villages possible
Old 03-21-2020, 06:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Why? To bring people together?
Old 03-21-2020, 06:19 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Where does it say he's coming here?
Steve
Old 03-21-2020, 06:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Steve
Said it at his CV-19 news conf today.
Old 03-21-2020, 06:24 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Steve
He said so on tv this evening
Old 03-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why? To bring people together?
Ha! Certainly for publicity - not known where the 'test site' or his visit will be, perhaps it may not be public, and just to County/TV officials. The Sun will prob publish details.
Old 03-21-2020, 08:27 PM

Coming here to test The Villagers-why? There are not enough tests for people who are genuinely sick. This will be like the grocery store "grab all the food before anyone else" panic.
Get tested today-find out you don't have it, then in the next few days go play golf with someone who does and get the virus then. No sense to it.
Just a governor PR stunt.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

more info on 'the other site'. viilages-news

https://www.**************.com/2020/...illages-style/
Old 03-21-2020, 09:16 PM

Just a governor PR stunt !
Old 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmiata View Post
Just a governor PR stunt !
Maybe he'll bring some toilet paper.
Old 03-21-2020, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
Coming here to test The Villagers-why? There are not enough tests for people who are genuinely sick. This will be like the grocery store "grab all the food before anyone else" panic.
Get tested today-find out you don't have it, then in the next few days go play golf with someone who does and get the virus then. No sense to it.
So how would that be any different from any of the other test sites that are drive through in the Country? Do you think if they test negative they won't meet someone that may have it. Why does this site attract so many negative folks.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 03-21-2020, 09:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

This is why I believe people like Gracie have quit posting. I only comment on threads about the internet, cars, homes, anything but the virus, because everytime I click on one, this is what you read. One poster makes a statement about something in the news, and 7 others ask who, what, where, when, why, it's for a stunt, nothing positive, only negative thoughts and comments. I think most of you virus posters have become Debbie Downie. Go read the thread about what are people watching on TV without sports, you might learn something.

The Villages Florida
Old 03-21-2020, 09:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Coming here to test The Villagers-why? There are not enough tests for people who are genuinely sick.

This will be like the grocery store "grab all the food before anyone else" panic.

YEP...you nailed it.

Save the limited number of tests for those who are currently showing some type of actual symptoms...not just to cater to potential voters.

When there are plenty of tests to go around, then set it up so anyone feeling like it...can go get one.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
This is why I believe people like Gracie have quit posting. I only comment on threads about the internet, cars, homes, anything but the virus, because everytime I click on one, this is what you read. One poster makes a statement about something in the news, and 7 others ask who, what, where, when, why, it's for a stunt, nothing positive, only negative thoughts and comments. I think most of you virus posters have become Debbie Downie. Go read the thread about what are people watching on TV without sports, you might learn something.

The Villages Florida
I think the motive behind this visit is as plain as the nose on your face. The ball was dropped a long time ago by the higher ups, and now it's all about cleaning that up. And we shouldn't comment on that?

And by the way, Gracie had plenty to say about Ebola and what the government was not doing enough about it. She was very, very concerned. Maybe she feels less concerned, I don't know. But she's never been one to not join a fight. I disagree that the current level of comment is having an effect.

Last edited by CFrance; 03-21-2020 at 10:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2020, 10:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:

I highly doubt the intent here is just to do an Oprah "here's a test for you, here's a test for you, everyone gets a test!" Only those who are told to get one by a doctor would be eligible. It's NOT a McTestald's that they want to open just a "Villages way" to get one if you are told to do so. That being said he ought to head to the beaches instead and swipe away the kiddies by closing the beach instead of coming here. Maybe he also wants to sell refrigerators and stoves to the new construction area.
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, site, golf, automobiles, desantis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.