Gov Desantis coming to TV tomorrow re Covid-19 TV Test Site

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 05:05 AM

Don't go, it'll be optional bogey.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I only have one comment about all of this .....

“In God We Trust,” goes the motto of the United States. In God, and apparently little else.

When truth itself feels uncertain, how can a democracy be sustained?

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-22-2020, 05:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think the motive behind this visit is as plain as the nose on your face. The ball was dropped a long time ago by the higher ups, and now it's all about cleaning that up. And we shouldn't comment on that?

And by the way, Gracie had plenty to say about Ebola and what the government was not doing enough about it. She was very, very concerned. Maybe she feels less concerned, I don't know. But she's never been one to not join a fight. I disagree that the current level of comment is having an effect.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
I highly doubt the intent here is just to do an Oprah "here's a test for you, here's a test for you, everyone gets a test!" Only those who are told to get one by a doctor would be eligible. It's NOT a McTestald's that they want to open just a "Villages way" to get one if you are told to do so. That being said he ought to head to the beaches instead and swipe away the kiddies by closing the beach instead of coming here. Maybe he also wants to sell refrigerators and stoves to the new construction area.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:51 AM
TOTV Moderator

The topic is Covid testing site coming to The Villages and the possibility that the Governor may visit. Please refrain from bashing fellow TOTV members or turning this political. These are trying times for all of us.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Old 03-22-2020, 06:32 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,682 Times in 632 Posts

Heck, I have no interest in being tested. I assume my wife and I have already been infected with the virus.

So what are we doing about it?

We are avoiding being in close contact with other people so we do not spread our (assumed) infection to them. Other than that, we are enjoying our life and doing the same things we did prior to our (assumed) infection.
Old 03-22-2020, 06:34 AM

I live behind the Polo Fields and could see the pop up tents being placed there. So, I took a walk to see what was going on. There were about 50 numbered tent stations, photographers and a drone camara. One woman was wearing a 'Marketing' badge and a blue polo shirt that said United Healthcare. Another man commented that he asked and was told that it was a COVID 19 testing area. It looked very well organized. I believe that knowing if someone does or does not have the virus, would go a long way in helping better prepare for dealing with it.
Stay healthy!!!
Old 03-22-2020, 06:49 AM

Polo field
Old 03-22-2020, 07:41 AM

You are right. They should wait and for now, use them in area of more need
Old 03-22-2020, 07:42 AM

Oh my! I mentioned the governor and and developer having a PR event at Polo Field tomorrow and BAM, my post is gone!!
Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Governor: ‘Golf cart’ drive-thru coronavirus test site at The Villages possible
‘They’re not going to be driving their automobiles but their golf carts,’ Gov. Ron DeSantis says

DeSanitis spoke about opening a pop-up COVID-19 testing site in the retirement community of The Villages, because of the demographic. According to the Centers for Disease Control Prevention, those over 65 and people with pre-existing health conditions are most at risk for the virus. However, younger populations can still become critically ill as well, according to a CDC report released this week.

“Only at The Villages they’re not going to be driving their automobiles but their golf carts,” the governor quipped.

Governor: ‘Golf cart’ drive-thru coronavirus test site at The Villages possible
Would like to know more about the Covid 19 field hospital to be/ being(?) set- up in.Ocala
Old 03-22-2020, 08:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moderator View Post
The topic is Covid testing site coming to The Villages and the possibility that the Governor may visit. Please refrain from bashing fellow TOTV members or turning this political. These are trying times for all of us.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Yay for the Moderator. I've been trying to keep up with the ToTV topics & audience here - BUT - very soon I will quarantine myself from ToTV. Sometimes it's aggravating reading some comments, esp the bashing and venom toward others and their opinions. It's been going on since day 1 of ToTV, but I'm close to social-distancing of my laptop with ToTV.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Old 03-22-2020, 08:30 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

For those posters who are going off half cocked accusing the governor and others of putting on a publicity stunt, to best tested, unless something has changed between yesterday and this morning, you MUST contact your doctor or medical facility and it then will be determined whether you need a test. This is NOT a "oh let's drive by and get tested for the hell of it" situation. There must be a medical need for the test. It seems like alot of people, and yes many seniors, are sitting on a limb like a vulture waiting for something to pounce on and be negative about.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Yay for the Moderator. I've been trying to keep up with the ToTV topics & audience here - BUT - very soon I will quarantine myself from ToTV. Sometimes it's aggravating reading some comments, esp the bashing and venom toward others and their opinions. It's been going on since day 1 of ToTV, but I'm close to social-distancing of my laptop with ToTV.
I've been watching the CBS Sunday Morning show on right now, and the psychologist say people post negative comments on the internet and lash out because it's caused by fear and are trying to take back control of their life. It's obvious negative comments are only causing negative thoughts as I posted earlier, way too many Debbie Downers. I believe it's as obvious as the nose on your face that's why Gracie has quit posting, because I feel exactly the same way. Of course, we have those posters who use every opportunity to make it political, that's the real kind of leadership we need on this board, NOT!
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, site, golf, automobiles, desantis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.