Gov Desantis coming to TV tomorrow re Covid-19 TV Test Site

Closed Thread
Old 03-22-2020, 01:07 PM

Sad, but fact of the matter is we are about 2 weeks behind Italy in our dealing with this disease...and this is what Italy has had to resort to as of today.

PLEASE, PLEASE take it seriously and realize the life you save may very well be that of those you love if you comply with the social distancing orders.

Israeli doctor in Italy: We no longer help those over 60 - The Jerusalem Post
Old 03-22-2020, 01:42 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadaboutgal View Post
Coming here to test The Villagers-why? There are not enough tests for people who are genuinely sick. This will be like the grocery store "grab all the food before anyone else" panic.
Get tested today-find out you don't have it, then in the next few days go play golf with someone who does and get the virus then. No sense to it.
Just a governor PR stunt.
You know there aren’t enough tests? You know it will be a panic? You know it’s a PR Stunt? So how about passing on some of your inside information: How many here are genuinely sick and how many tests are they short? The panic comes from people that post opinions without substantiation.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So how would that be any different from any of the other test sites that are drive through in the Country? Do you think if they test negative they won't meet someone that may have it. Why does this site attract so many negative folks.
Old 03-22-2020, 01:55 PM

The governor was live on FOX news yesterday stating this.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:09 PM

An interesting article on how it is going across the country with drive thru sites that have been open for a while now...

Chaos, inconsistency mark launch of drive-thru virus testing
Old 03-22-2020, 02:11 PM

I guess my wife and l are two of the A&E people.We have an appointment to be tested tomorrow.We are not showing any signs of the virus.We will be part of a test group for the near future helping scientists from UF Health to better understand the hows and whys of this and other virus that we may have come in contact with.Our reason for partaking in this study is that we hope we will be helping to stop this situation that is killing more people every day.And yes we will then go back to sitting on the couch watching Netflix and hoping that perhaps we have done some good.
Old 03-22-2020, 02:48 PM

My fear is that just a few positive cases here in the Villages could quickly multiply due to our ages. Seems to me if a tent is set up for people to be tested with an order from their physician is a good thing.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:04 PM

FWIW, we, as a group were told to vacate the Polo Fields because it may become a "Test" facility. Have not heard any update. A neighbour did get a test upon request, from their physician last week, came back positive but hospital will not accept this person until he is in distress. At this time is self quarantined.
Might help the upcoming burden on our resources if the State was able to enforce those, for whom Florida is not their domicile, to go back to the State in which they do claim residency.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
You know there aren’t enough tests? You know it will be a panic? You know it’s a PR Stunt? So how about passing on some of your inside information: How many here are genuinely sick and how many tests are they short? The panic comes from people that post opinions without substantiation.
I do know they do not have enough tests in Florida. And, No, I will not pass on my inside information-though I do have it from two family members who work in the hospital system on the front line. If someone comes in to the ER with symptoms and wants a test, they are sent home to quarantine themselves. No test. Only if admitted and they have run through all possibilities are they then tested for Covid 19.
Sorry, for any misunderstanding: I did not say it would be a panic at the testing center.
Why does the current governor need to come to the testing site? For the sake of all of us, it would behoove our governing officials to stay away from any place they may come in contact with the virus.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
So how would that be any different from any of the other test sites that are drive through in the Country? Do you think if they test negative they won't meet someone that may have it. Why does this site attract so many negative folks.
I was wondering the same thing ... why so many cynical & negative folks.??

Some of the posters here would be arguing about who gets the best deck chairs on the Titanic when it sinks.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I think the motive behind this visit is as plain as the nose on your face. The ball was dropped a long time ago by the higher ups, and now it's all about cleaning that up. And we shouldn't comment on that?

And by the way, Gracie had plenty to say about Ebola and what the government was not doing enough about it. She was very, very concerned. Maybe she feels less concerned, I don't know. But she's never been one to not join a fight. I disagree that the current level of comment is having an effect.
Yeah, maybe but that's usually the case with any novel problem. This is not the time for reflexive negativity ... that's actually contagious in itself.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklfairwin View Post
It would be nice if the government had used the time to actually prepare and get test kits and medical equipment instead of just saying that it is all fine, and we are ahead of the curve, and denying there could be a pandemic and saying it would just magically disappear. We don't have the capacity to do necessary testing.
Unfortunately, at about the time the virus was spinning up, Washington was focused on the impeachment.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRK1939 View Post
FWIW, we, as a group were told to vacate the Polo Fields because it may become a "Test" facility. Have not heard any update. A neighbour did get a test upon request, from their physician last week, came back positive but hospital will not accept this person until he is in distress. At this time is self quarantined.
Might help the upcoming burden on our resources if the State was able to enforce those, for whom Florida is not their domicile, to go back to the State in which they do claim residency.
Tr...ole
Old 03-22-2020, 09:18 PM

wow john lighten up...………….
Closed Thread

Tags
villages, site, golf, automobiles, desantis

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.