Gov steps in to secure TV

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2020, 03:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
SBA will give gap loans

So will local banks
Were you a Banker ? Ever have any dealings with The SBA especially at the time of a crisis ? Not exactly so easy . And I was a Banker for over 35 years .
Old 03-13-2020, 03:34 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They did.
$$$$$
Old 03-13-2020, 03:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
Many organizations fear nuisance lawsuits if not backed up by a government recommendation. The court system in the US has no nuisance filter, which is why nothing happens until everything happens.

YMMV
Very true and one of the major reasons outside of any government ordered closing mandates is " FOL " .

FOL stands for " Fear of Litigation " . FOL now drives nearly everything in the USA now .
Old 03-13-2020, 03:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,748 Times in 1,385 Posts

Reality?
How many friends, neighbors or relatives who are currently on a cruise or on the way home from one.....it has been recommended they self quarantine for 14 days when they arrive home.

Unfortunately we all know, too many will not follow through and hunker down. All we can do is remind those we know.

Too many still deny or refuse to acknowledge there is a problem.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:51 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Probably because they were told to.

Governor called The Villages and told them.

Old 03-13-2020, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xkeowner View Post
As of 7:20 am today, according to the Florida Department of Health website, there are 45 total cases in Florida and ZERO in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties. An overabundance of caution?
Not an overabundance of caution. Just the right amount. Zero cases also the right amount. Let's try to keep it at zero. Be cautious.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo Jim View Post
Were you a Banker ? Ever have any dealings with The SBA especially at the time of a crisis ? Not exactly so easy . And I was a Banker for over 35 years .
Sba has an office on Powell Rd, it is not hard if County Economic dept is involved, in fact depending on the financials he may find a deal without sba

It's very doable Citizens bank is sitting on cash they want to place.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:17 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Reality?
How many friends, neighbors or relatives who are currently on a cruise or on the way home from one.....it has been recommended they self quarantine for 14 days when they arrive home.

Unfortunately we all know, too many will not follow through and hunker down. All we can do is remind those we know.

Too many still deny or refuse to acknowledge there is a problem.

I am sorry, the world has gone insane. My wife is a Triage Nurse, and her and all the doctors she works for think this is INSANE unless you do the same thing for the Flu and the common cold. We should be taking precautions for people with comprimised immune systems and moving on. We did not do this for H1N1 (Swine flu) in 2009 which was much worse as far as how it was transmitted and how many died. China is back to basically normal at this point, and we have gone off the deep end. I would encourage those of you who are younger, strong, and in good health to go out and buy things and eat at local restaurants to support the community. You are about a million times more likely to get the flu than Covid-19.... unless you got the flu shot, then you are still about 1000 times more likely. If you don't get the flu shot every year, you should shut up because you don't even deserve an opinion on this.

Wrecking a bunch of Teenage basketball players seasons was totally unecessary as was ruining peoples vacations.

What the hell are we going to do when we have an illness that is really bad and actually has high morbidity rates than Pnuemonia?

The main people getting hurt by this are the servers in the stadiums and restaurants....Not rich retirees.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 03-13-2020, 05:31 PM

Quote:
As of 7:20 am today, according to the Florida Department of Health website, there are 45 total cases in Florida and ZERO in Lake, Marion or Sumter counties. An overabundance of caution?
Possible...hope so...we won't really know for a few weeks. It was just 3 or 4 weeks ago there were only 9 confirmed cases in Italy. Now the whole country is shut down.
Think of all the people that just got off cruise ships and airplanes that are in the villages. It can be 2 weeks or more before symptoms occur from what I read.
To be honest I am really surprised that the villages have not done something sooner being how pretty much the entire population falls under the most volnerable catagory. It's pretty naive to believe no one in the villages will get this thing. the idea is to cantain it.
Good luck to all.
Old 03-13-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage

[QUOTE=jimbo2012;1727167]JUST IN: On recommendation of Gov. Ron DeSantis and government health officials, today’s St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Lake Sumter Landing is canceled. In addition, all nightly entertainment on the Town Squares is cancelled indefinitely. Also, the Old Mill Playhouse and the Barnstorm Theatre will cease operation at the close of business today.

I guess most of us don’t know that Desantis was exposed last week, as was Trump, in meetings with Brazilian Prez Bolsonaro. Sobering for him I would guess. It is 2 + 2 that we in tv are sitting ducks. We are old and we constantly mingle in crowds, with visitors from all over. What a nightmare. I am happy with today’s governmental proactivity. It was just in time for us.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,437 Times in 3,081 Posts

Quote:
As of 1:53 pm, there were 56 cases in Florida. 45 are residents. 5 are repatriated. 6 are non-residents. 221 pending test results, up from 147 yesterday. 365 people being monitored.

Broward County has more cases of it than any other county in the state. Most cases are travel-related. Of the remaining cases, most of them are still under investigation and a source of infection has not yet been determined.

You can find all of this information here:

COVID-19 | Florida Department of Health

it's updated at least a couple times every day.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:35 AM

$$$$$$$$

Last edited by Travelingal702; 03-14-2020 at 06:36 AM. Reason: Posted in the wrong area
Old 03-14-2020, 06:54 AM
Default For now I don't think so...

Quote:
"An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" Ben Franklin. I am sorry to hear of all the cancellations and closings but TV is high risk due to the age of the population. Even though it would seem at this point that this is seasonal meaning it dies in heat nobody seems sure of anything. Temporary distancing to prevent any introduction into TV is crucial. Golf can still be played at a six foot distance. Stay Well All!
Old 03-14-2020, 07:23 AM

The best medication for this virus is stop watching the news. Instant healing!
Old 03-14-2020, 07:36 AM

So we rented a place in TV for the month of April. Reading the information of closures, panic buying of supplies/food I am rethinking the visit. I am not so afraid of the virus as I am of the situations I will encounter with traveling there and ability to get things needed for a month with the panic buying. Would you still come?
Closed Thread

Tags
gov, indefinitely, nightly, entertainment, business

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.