Unusual Number of Sirens

Closed Thread
Old 04-05-2011, 07:50 AM
Location: Village of St. Charles,Binghamton, Conklin, Syracuse, and Tully, NY
Default Unusual Number of Sirens

Has anyone noticed how many sirens-ambulances, fire trucks there have been this past month? I have heard at least one every single day, sometimes more. I see them going up St. Charles Place toward Pennecamp and Buttonwood. Just curious, It doesn't seem like there could be that many emergencies all of a sudden.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM
Sage

My house backs to Morse near the Caroline gate and I've noticed lots of fire trucks, ambulances, lately. Yesterday morning something happened near the gate....an ambulance was parked on Morse, a Sheriff's car it appeared was also there and the EMT's were moving a gurney across the street and on to the golf cart path. Not sure what happened. We've been away for a week and since I've been back, it's been quite busy on Morse with emergency vehicles.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:44 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Yes - my husband was remarking on this the other evening... and just now heard another one.
Old 04-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Veteran member

I used to think that too...but consider the population here....ages of people AND all the traffic. Think with the season of "hi rentals" etc. that alot of activity of this sort is expected. People with medical issues, then the accidents---carts and cars and all. If you're on TOTV enough you will read about the "crazy" driving etc. that goes on. Just a thought!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:40 PM
Platinum member

I'm inclined to agree with JenAjd!

My home in St. Louis was quite close to a major hospital complex. It was, therefore, very common to hear sirens at all hours!

When I think about it, the number of sirens - reflecting emergency situations - I now hear in TV, it doesn't surprise me at all! After all, we're now a community of some 80,000 - there's bound to be some emergencies!

Sirens always concern me! But, . . .

SWR
Old 04-05-2011, 06:32 PM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Unusual Numer of Sirens

I agree with the majority. The population is growing and so too will the sounds of sirens. I don't know that I would say " an unusual number of sirens" becaue based on ages, etc it simple could be a normal number but in a compacted location. Emergencies in TV use to be 2% fire and 98% medical.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.