Grand Opening of Sugar Cane Recreation Facility

Closed Thread
Old 03-25-2018, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VApeople View Post
If your dogs like to run, you moved to the wrong town.

We live in Osceola Hills where there used to be a lot of open space and we would see people with their dogs running without a leash. That has stopped. Every dog we now see is ALWAYS on a leash.

Between our neighborhood and Charlotte, there is a small open area near the multi-modal path where some people congregate and have their dogs off leash, but I heard the neighbors have complained and it will be fenced off.

That's life in TV.
I think you are right about it being fenced off soon. I don't think anyone should "expect" to be able to let their dogs run loose. There are plenty of dog parks in TV and surrounds. And there's lots of traffic in TV that might accidentally injure your off-leash dog if it isn't in a dog park. It's just not good stewardship of the dog, among other things, IMO.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:42 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda.ball View Post
I, for one, am excited to have a dog park so close to where we live. Our Rhodesian ridgeback/lab was born to run. Our corner lot is fenced in and he has plenty of space to run. However, the new dog park will give him and us a chance to socialize.
You better make sure you have good insurance and that your agent knows the type of dog you have before you let that ridgeback loose in a dog park. They are totally protective of their owners and also very unpredictable. My sister has had professionally trained purebreds ridgebacks for the last 15 years and even her and her husband are not sure what they will do, most of the time they are fine but if they have a hint of someone threatening one of them, they will attack. Maybe yours hasn't shown that yet but it will and hopefully it won't be a child that made a wrong move near you. Another reason why I would not go to a dog park.
Old 03-25-2018, 05:45 PM

He’s a big baby...hope you get to meet him someday.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,325 Times in 1,441 Posts

Quote:
He's a big baby to you but one day when his demeanor changes, be prepared, it is in his genes.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:02 PM

How quickly this turned into another dog thread....
Old 03-26-2018, 03:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts
Default Ridgebacks

Quote:
I have met a number of lovely Ridgebacks. It was unjustified to be told that your will attack. I owned a dog business for many years and the most bites were chis.
Closed Thread

Tags
grand, facility, sugar, cane, opening

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.