Grandchildren Camp

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2018, 06:54 PM
Default Grandchildren Camp

One of the attractions for me to move to TV is the Summer camp for Grandchildren. If you have grandchildren who come to visit you during the summer and participate in the camp, please share your observations and opinion. I'm so excited to hear what they did, how it went and would they/you do it again!!!
Old 07-08-2018, 07:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts
Default Info here.....

http://www.districtgov.org/PdfUpload...mer%202018.pdf
Old 07-09-2018, 07:59 AM

Thank you for posting this; however, I was asking about your experience of participating in the camp with your grands. Perhaps I wasn't very clear, so let me try again!

Was your grandchildren's experience positive or negative; why or why not? Best/worst? Your experience? What would you do the same or what would you do differently?

From my perspective, this is one of the unique aspects of TV when compared with other retirement communities. It is certainly one of the more attractive features for us.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:59 AM

As a grandparent and a clown my grandkids have experienced the camp village activities many times. I can tell u from my observation and participation they have always had fun. The camps are well organized and all the instructors are excellent. I hope u decide to take advantage of the wonderful camps offered.
Old 07-09-2018, 12:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSSunshine View Post
Thank you for posting this; however, I was asking about your experience of participating in the camp with your grands. Perhaps I wasn't very clear, so let me try again!

Was your grandchildren's experience positive or negative; why or why not? Best/worst? Your experience? What would you do the same or what would you do differently?

From my perspective, this is one of the unique aspects of TV when compared with other retirement communities. It is certainly one of the more attractive features for us.
You were perfectly clear. The camp is a resounding success and enjoyed by many.
Old 07-11-2018, 09:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I've taken my grandkids to a number of the activities and they are all outstanding. The Villages does a great job. There is a wide variety of activity choices for each age group. Although there is a small fee for each activity, it probably barely covers the cost of the supplies. After each activity, they supply a snack and drink. I think the fact that most of the activities sell out the same day they go on sale tells you how successful they are.
Old 07-12-2018, 06:54 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
I've taken my grandkids to a number of the activities and they are all outstanding. The Villages does a great job. There is a wide variety of activity choices for each age group. Although there is a small fee for each activity, it probably barely covers the cost of the supplies. After each activity, they supply a snack and drink. I think the fact that most of the activities sell out the same day they go on sale tells you how successful they are.
That's the only issue with Camp Villages that I see. I wish more adults would step up to help so that more kids could participate.
Old 07-12-2018, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
That's the only issue with Camp Villages that I see. I wish more adults would step up to help so that more kids could participate.
Which activity are you involved with?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:20 AM

So are the activities sponsored by TV but manned by volunteers? It would seem that there should be plenty of Villagers who could help even it is just for one activity....a short-term commitment. Thanks for sharing TwoPlaneKid!
Closed Thread

Tags
grandchildren, camp, summer, excited, hear

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.