Grandchildren Living In The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-21-2011, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

This thread got me to thinking. If you do not decide to ignore certain deed restrictions, it is the same as not honoring your word. Like Baretta said, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time."
Old 12-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Gold member

Or you can look at it this way,Maybe we should just mine our own business. We are not the "Village Police". Seems that a few people on this site have to much time on their hands.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinPenn View Post
If the children aren't bothering you directly let it go. What if you drop a dime on them and they are returned to an abusive or irresponsible parent. Then you read or hear about some tragedy - let their neighbors make and live with that choice.
Well said.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Under 19

Seems to me there was an earlier post on this same topic. There was circumstances and I believe TV new about it. The Mom was stationed in a war zone and there were no other relatives. I believe a time line was given and the neighbors were made aware of it. So lets not stir the pot to much. Could also be another rumor, god knows we've had them before. That's it for me. MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HANUKKAK .
Old 12-21-2011, 08:08 AM
Gold member
Default Here we go!

Here we go again, Rules were made to be broken. Right!

Lawyer Scott was made famous up here, He built his lake home four feet on the neighnors property.

Now it took a four year court/media battle between the Village and lawyer Scott.

In the end the people won his home was torn down and 20% of the village felt sorry for the lawyer who ignored the law.

His poster Bill Board on rte 690 used to say.

Ignorance is Bliss but it does not hold up in Court. Hmmmmm

Rules and law are part of society. Not to be broken by" Feelings"

IMHO just the way it is. We all play by the established rules unless a majority has them changed. It has nothing to do with case by case.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarGuys View Post
Here we go again, Rules were made to be broken. Right!

Lawyer Scott was made famous up here, He built his lake home four feet on the neighnors property.

Now it took a four year court/media battle between the Village and lawyer Scott.

In the end the people won his home was torn down and 20% of the village felt sorry for the lawyer who ignored the law.

His poster Bill Board on rte 690 used to say.

Ignorance is Bliss but it does not hold up in Court. Hmmmmm

Rules and law are part of society. Not to be broken by" Feelings"

IMHO just the way it is. We all play by the established rules unless a majority has them changed. It has nothing to do with case by case.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
Or you can look at it this way,Maybe we should just mine our own business. We are not the "Village Police". Seems that a few people on this site have to much time on their hands.
That would apply to YOU as well, Right?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Village Girl View Post
That would apply to YOU as well, Right?
Old 12-21-2011, 08:29 AM

paulandjean---I totally agree with you. My business and none of your business!
Old 12-21-2011, 08:36 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2at View Post
I bought a resale and signed no documents saying young children were not allowed to live in the Villages.
You are still subject to matters of record( Deed restrictions and covenants) Your realtor should have made these available to you . But no matter you are bound.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:38 AM
Gold member

We have people living in cars,and park benches,vacant homes with nothing, and you want to call the village police on them.Maybe you should try walking in their shoes for a day. So you read something about village restrictions and you sign it and now you are suppose to turn in your neighbor.There are some people on this site that act so sweet,so many people just love them,but actually they are very mean women.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

No child under 19 can live here for more than 30 days in the year.

No exceptions. It is on the DEED, so renters and resales are included.

I have heard that no matter what it will be enforced.

No need to worry, when it is discovered, the kids will move or the owners and the kids will move. And because of legal processes it won't be by Christmas.

It is what it is.

We all knew this or should have known this and ignorance of the fact is not going to change the legality of the deed restrictions.

I love children, I adore children. We bought in a retirement community that doesn't allow you to park your boat or RV or nest your pink flamingo or have children under the age of 19 stay with you for more than 30 days a year..

If you love this part of Florida and your small children must live with you, they are going to have to live outside of The Villages.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulandjean View Post
We have people living in cars,and park benches,vacant homes with nothing, and you want to call the village police on them.Maybe you should try walking in their shoes for a day. So you read something about village restrictions and you sign it and now you are suppose to turn in your neighbor.There are some people on this site that act so sweet,so many people just love them,but actually they are very mean women.
That would be me.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Veteran member
Location: Wheatfield, NY - next to Niagara Falls; Village of St. James
Default SPOTD Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
That would be me.
I suppose you also want to be in the running for the SWIMDAWG Post of the Day Award with that one!
Old 12-21-2011, 09:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane032657 View Post
Made me shudder when I read VillagesFlorida write "children with disabilities...are THOSE children allowed to live here...ugh. Aside from whatever the rules are..."THOSE" children are no different from children with other abilities so let's be more sensitive. I am sure this person did not mean to say how their post sounds, but as someone who works with people with disabilities, it struck a nerve.
I asked a simple question. My thinking was along the lines of perhaps a disabled child who might be confined to bed or children who require more specialized care due to emotional or physical disabilities. If YOU choose to read more into my post than what I wrote that is your perogative. Please don't assume that I do not know anything about children with disabilities. My brother, who lived with grand mal seizures due to epilepsy long before there were drugs to help him, was taunted by classmates until my parents removed him from school. A brain injury, suffered as a small child left him with emotional and mental disabilities, in addition to the devastating effects of his epilepsy. He required supervision and care and could not have lived on his own. You stated that ......"THOSE" children are no different from children with other abilities". My brother was very different from other kids his age and he certainly did not have the same abilities these kids had. He had "gifts" that some other kids did not have and we loved him for who he was. Since I do NOT know the answer to my question, I was asking whether or not anyone else knew if children needing specialized care, under age 19, might be allowed to live here. It was a simple question and could have been answered simply. Please do not criticize me for posting information that was told to me in good faith.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.