Grandchildren Visit

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2021, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
Food is lousy there is usually nothing going on that would be even minimally interesting for young children or adults either f it comes to that
Can't tell what you are referring to. Where is "there"?
Old 06-04-2021, 07:59 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

You can do what a lot of grandparents do, let them drive the cart. 😜
Old 06-04-2021, 08:14 PM

I have noticed that some people who live in The Villages think that they OWN the dance floor at the squares. My first hint was the dirty looks they give the children. From what I've observed and from what I read hear I guess that my assumption is true. FYI>we all pay the same amenity fee to SHARE amenities which includes the dance floor. (Same thing with swimming pools.) I suggest that you find another dance floor if it bothers you or in inconvenient for you to share the dance floor with grandparents dancing with their grandchildren. So sad...
Old 06-05-2021, 05:56 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

The Drag Racing museum at 75 and 484 is excellent. First place grandson wants to go. Lots of very interesting stuff for an 8 year old. And the antique cars next door were interesting also as folks our age owned and drove many of them.
Old 06-05-2021, 07:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

LunaSea Alpaca Farm
Old 06-05-2021, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYtoTV2021 View Post
Some parents and grandparents apparently think it's cute for kids (even teenagers) to run around the dance floor during the evening shows on the town squares. The vast majority of us do not want kids dominating OUR dance floor.

Parent/grandparents -- keep the kids in check. There is a reason why 99% of us moved to a "senior community'
wholeheartedly disagree. very few kids 'run wild' before an attendant stops them. most of the little kids i see are dancing along with the grown-ups, with a parent nearby. smile, you will feel better
Old 06-05-2021, 09:29 AM

I hope they changed the ground cover! The black rubber was a dirty mess. Went once (about 2 years ago) an wouldn’t go back after young grand was covered in black. And adults shoes were black too. Leesburg Venetian Park much cleaner ground surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Back in November, the Lady Lake playground was being refurbished. We tried to take our granddaughter there. It looked like an amazing playground. Fortunately she had fallen asleep so didn't see what she was going to miss. But it looked like the best playground around.

Also there is a wading/sprinkler park in Leesburg, closed in November but I'm sure it's open now.
Closed Thread

Tags
grandchildren, villages, ages, visit, things

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.