Granddaughter visiting  - what to do in TV

Granddaughter visiting - what to do in TV

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Granddaughter visiting - what to do in TV
  #1  
Old 03-05-2019, 09:01 AM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,289
Default Granddaughter visiting - what to do in TV

She is 18 and bringing a friend. I do not want to be her new best friend for a week, please give me some safe ideas that the girls can do to keep themselves SAFELY entertained during the day for a week.

I know there are the pools. The Golf Cart and the Squares. Any other ideas please. What golf cart GPS do you recommend?
Appreciate any help please.
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 03-05-2019, 11:07 AM
Serenoa's Avatar
Serenoa Serenoa is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Present: Birmingham, AL. Future: The Villages
Posts: 490
Default

Before you send your granddaughter & friend off in your golf cart please give her some hands-on instruction about the rules of the road for GCs in TV. If she doesn't take it seriously I wouldn't take the chance of something bad possibly happening. JMHO. Hope she & her friend can have a great time.
__________________
"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

east central Illinois, St. Louis, Baton Rouge, Houston, Atlanta, Birmingham, AL
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #3  
Old 03-05-2019, 11:26 AM
SeaCruiser SeaCruiser is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 61
Default

My grandson visited last summer with a friend. They were both 18. He has been coming alone every year since he was 10! He loves it and plans to come back this year too!

How about the Fenney putting green?

Watch polo or softball?

They chose Busch Gardens for their outing one day but on another ... I treated them to Clearwater Beach jet skiing excursion! It was an escorted tour with both sharing one jet ski. They were allowed some free time and the guide took them to a nearby island! They absolutely loved it!

They loved just cruising around the town but they know the rules!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCruiser View Post
My grandson visited last summer with a friend. They were both 18. He has been coming alone every year since he was 10! He loves it and plans to come back this year too!

How about the Fenney putting green?

Watch polo or softball?

They chose Busch Gardens for their outing one day but on another ... I treated them to Clearwater Beach jet skiing excursion! It was an escorted tour with both sharing one jet ski. They were allowed some free time and the guide took them to a nearby island! They absolutely loved it!

They loved just cruising around the town but they know the rules!
I like the sound of the Clearwater Beach excursion, will look into it. Also, maybe, Tarpon Springs. I know they would love poking through the shops. So far, so good.
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:21 PM
2newyorkers's Avatar
2newyorkers 2newyorkers is offline
Veteran member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall Trees
Posts: 669
Default

I took 4 teenagers from Norway to zip line in Ocala. They loved it.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:31 PM
Rapscallion St Croix's Avatar
Rapscallion St Croix Rapscallion St Croix is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,262
Default

I would not worry too much. If she is 18, she will be staring at her phone most of the time.
__________________
Mondays....Hell of a way to spend 1//7 of your life.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-05-2019, 01:36 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,608
Default

Get a lot of carrots and head for the Mill Creek Farms Retirement Home for Horses in Alachua..open Saturdays only. Homasasa State Park. Take the canal ride in Mt. Dora or the pontoon boat in Griffith State Park. Grand Oaks Resort in Weirsdale (not sure when they are arriving but some equestrian events end of the month...museum is closed), Saturday night races at Citrus Speedway or Bubbas Racetrack, take a Segway tour of Tampa......just a couple ideas outside the usual box
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 PM
Madelaine Amee's Avatar
Madelaine Amee Madelaine Amee is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: The Villages North
Posts: 3,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Get a lot of carrots and head for the Mill Creek Farms Retirement Home for Horses in Alachua..open Saturdays only. Homasasa State Park. Take the canal ride in Mt. Dora or the pontoon boat in Griffith State Park. Grand Oaks Resort in Weirsdale (not sure when they are arriving but some equestrian events end of the month...museum is closed), Saturday night races at Citrus Speedway or Bubbas Racetrack, take a Segway tour of Tampa......just a couple ideas outside the usual box
You got me with the Mill Creek Farms Retirement Home for Horses. They will not be here on a Saturday, but we will go. It looks absolutely wonderful. Thanks for heads up. Mill Creek Farm | Retirement Home For Horses | Alachua, FL
__________________
A people free to choose will always choose peace.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-05-2019, 03:27 PM
JoMar JoMar is offline
Sage
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,608
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
You got me with the Mill Creek Farms Retirement Home for Horses. They will not be here on a Saturday, but we will go. It looks absolutely wonderful. Thanks for heads up. Mill Creek Farm | Retirement Home For Horses | Alachua, FL
We have been there often....take your camera and a lot, a ton of carrots, if you don't you will run out long before you get halfway through the farm.
__________________
No one believes the truth when the lie is more interesting

Berks County Pennsylvania
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-05-2019, 03:28 PM
vintageogauge vintageogauge is offline
Gold member
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Posts: 1,054
Default

Russell Stover candy factory outlet (the also sell ice cream) on 44 west of 301, also an alligator park over there and airboat rides a little further west.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
friend, golf, week, ideas, cart

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:39 AM.