Deed compliance

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2019, 07:36 AM
Default Deed compliance

Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

What are restrictions for if The Villages is not to enforce them.

I am concerned
Old 08-12-2019, 07:40 AM
Sage

Deed Compliance is complaint driven. Community Standards does not drive around looking for violations. They will only investigate if a complaint is made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caretaker View Post
Is anyone else concerned that Deed Compliance is more concerned with a little white cross than 45 flower pots lining driveway flower bed and front porch? College flag hanging off front of home?

I am concerned
Old 08-12-2019, 08:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:

I am concerned
I am fairly certain that the Deed Compliance is not specifically concerned with a cross, they are concerned with maintaining the visual appearance of the exterior so we don't end up with cars on blocks or broken boarded up windows.

What is a little white cross to you might be 12 feet tall and lit with spots lights?!? Who decides what is "little" or "small"

And lastly, would you be concerned with a little Muslim Star and Moon in someones front yard?
Old 08-12-2019, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:

I am concerned
I am concerned about all those flower pots lining driveway and flower bed and front porch and I have called on it and Deed Compliance said that as long as plants are growing in them nothing can be done. I am skeptical. I know what you are saying. I wonder why this situation is over looked? Is the one you are speaking of in a Village a little south of 466? Every time I go to visit a friend in that Village it looks WORSE. The flower pots probably do number WAY more than fifty and they are stacked on top of cement blocks and have weeds growing out of them, no flower or plants that I could see. It is just awful looking.

Last edited by graciegirl; 08-12-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Flower pots are allowed if they have plants in them. We learned that a few years ago when some angry person two villages over drove around noting 70+ violations in our neighborhood. One person's yard looks like a garden store, but nothing could be done because all the pots have flowers in them. Fortunately, it was a different part of our village and I didn't have to drive by it every day.

As far as flags are concerned, they are neutral territory, according to deed compliance. Nothing can be done about any flag.
Old 08-12-2019, 11:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

They are not "more concerned" about one thing over another. They respond to complaints filed to their office. Just that simple.
Old 08-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

I see violations when driving down about every street, from expensive metal animals or birds to the simulated pot tilted 45 degree with rocks spilling out of them.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:25 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

A flower pot with a plant might be ok but add a cross to that pot and suddenly is a no no unless you move it to sit against the house. You can hang a cross from your house and that is ok as well. Just have to review the restrictions before doing certain things. And of course get permission when needed.
Old 08-13-2019, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,573 Times in 1,749 Posts

What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
What if the flower pots have "weed" growing in them?
Then it’s a decorative plant
Old 08-13-2019, 05:37 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,221 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Then it’s a decorative plant
Could be a smokeable "weed" also!
Old 08-13-2019, 05:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I see violations when driving down about every street, from expensive metal animals or birds to the simulated pot tilted 45 degree with rocks spilling out of them.
Depends on where you are, the older Villages north of 466 have much less restrictive covenants than those south of 466. The learned as the Villages grew that not everybody has good taste in regards to lawn decorations

Tags
concerned, deed, flower, front, compliance

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.