Great communication re water boiling

Great communication re water boiling

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 07-31-2019, 11:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Yes... but maybe it’s just me, I get the boil water notices on my email but I have yet to get one which says when they’re over. Or I don’t know where to look for those notifications.
One of the two issued on 7/29 was just rescinded. I got the email at 11:22 a.m. today.

Old 07-31-2019, 12:00 PM
Veteran member

Serious? You got email rescinding the boil water warnings, I don’t seem to get those on my email. It would be great if I did. Is there any type of filter that would make the water ok to drink so you don’t have to boil it, when you get one of these notices?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2019, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Serious? You got email rescinding the boil water warnings, I don’t seem to get those on my email. It would be great if I did. Is there any type of filter that would make the water ok to drink so you don’t have to boil it, when you get one of these notices?
Since you continue to complain that you don't receive the rescinding notices....Suggest you do the following.
e-Notifications Sign Up
E-Notifications allow your District Government to send important information to the email address you provide. If you would like us to contact you on any of the subjects below, please enter the requested information in each field and check the box next to each newsletter or notification to which you would like to subscribe. For a description of a specific newsletter or notification, please click on the text to the right of the check box. To ensure you receive the notifications you requested, please add no-reply@districtgov.org into your email contact list. If you have any questions, please contact the District Customer Service Center at (352) 753-4508
Old 07-31-2019, 12:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Probably would accomplish more calling the people that put out the emails than posting about it here. Use the info. posted above.

Last edited by CWGUY; 07-31-2019 at 12:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 12:56 PM
Veteran member

I got just got one! Yes! A rescind notice on my email.... you guys are the best.

I never underestimate the power of TOTV and the great posters here.

Last edited by Velvet; 07-31-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:38 PM
Veteran member

Wow! You did all that for little ol’ Velvet? Did I mention you guys are the best? Yes, I did look him up. Thank you.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:42 PM
Veteran member

Location: Ohio, Indiana, Missouri, Georgia, The Villages (St. James)

You guys are just plain funny.
For what it is worth
Old 08-01-2019, 09:07 AM

Default For what it is worth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I get the water boil notices too.
But only when I'm ready for a cup of tea in January.
We've all heard about the Boston tea party. I don't think most people ever learned or were told why it was a major issue.

While people did not know about germs they knew from experience that you would get sick if you drank water in the cities. People got their necessary fluid from tea, or liquor. Boiling the water to make tea would kill the germs and so would the alcohol in liquor or wine.

When we read about the greats that founded this country. It is likely they were at least partially intoxicated.
Re: Filters to make water safe
Old 08-01-2019, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Filters to make water safe

Quote:
First of all disruption of water service here is very rare.
If, you want to be prepared, you and buy a rig that will process a limited amount of water that you might find in the wild at a camping supply place.
Old 08-01-2019, 09:39 AM
Veteran member

I know what you mean about camping supplies, I used to take a micro purifier to places like hiking the Grand Canyon. But I don’t need one for TV I have lots of bottled water and great communication system here. Much better than my city up north.

And I’m getting all the water boiling and rescind notices!

Tags
water, learned, email, coolsmiley, time