The great loop - bridges now open !!!

Closed Thread
Old 12-23-2020, 08:40 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

This morning at 9am the group First to Cross the Brownwood Bridge was assembled. Hats, shirts, signs, and part of the ribbon cutting. We were asked to keep it quiet until after crossing.
The article will be in the Sun tomorrow. We were 2nd to cross. Nice opening with staff, Daily Sun, photographs, and video. Jennifer Parr along with those involved with the venture, was there to cut the ribbon. From Brownwood Bridge over to Chitty Chatty and back to Brownwood was 57 minutes.

All the golf carts traveled from Brownwood to Chitty Chatty and then to their homes. Those with cameras attached to their golf carts ventured back to Brownwood for camera return.
Path was open to anyone who discovered, after opening. Official announcement will be Christmas Eve Morning in the Daily Sun.

Last edited by thelegges; 12-24-2020 at 07:58 AM.
Old 12-23-2020, 10:17 PM

We went out this afternoon to take a ride on this beautiful day. Decided to go over the Chitty Chatty Bridge again as we've only headed that way once. Was surprised that we could travel further than we did a month ago...then we went further, and further, and further. Started to wonder where we were and if we were even allowed to be there. Imagine our surprise when we wound up at the Brownwood Bridge and it was open! Over we went and were delighted to be somewhere we knew! Took about an hour from Hadley to Brownwood this way.

It is truly amazing to see how much land TV will be developing over the next year or so.
Old 12-24-2020, 06:30 AM
Veteran member

Life south of 44 is so exciting!
Old 12-24-2020, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoplanekid View Post
I am now a looper. I took good friends on a golf cart sightseeing adventure starting at our house in Lake Deaton. They had never crossed 44 on the new Chitty Chatty Bridge so we crossed the bridge to continue on the multimodal trails to soon be traveling on the north side of the Florida Turnpike. There is a small golf cart round about just before the bridge over the turnpike. As workmen were working on the bridge, we continued on the golf cart path to head north for the Brownwood bridge over 44. We keep going to cross that bridge and the other to end up in Brownwood. Starting out, I didn’t expect to accomplish the great loop today.

Total millage was 20 miles.
I love your idea of calling it the great loop. For you non boaters look up the Great Loop. It is basically a route that goes down the Mississippi then over to Florida, up the intercostal waterway and across the great lakes. Quite an accomplishment. People who have done this are in a club of their own. They fly flags on their boats signifying this even.

Let's start our own Great Loopers club here in TV. But we need rules to earn a pennant to fly on our golf carts. I'll start

1 Route is the Historic side (TBD a destination like Orange Blossom swimming pool) to wherever the farthest point south is now and encompasses the farthest east and west trails like Morse and Buena Vista.
2 Route must be completed in a day
Old 12-24-2020, 07:24 AM

Great video. Thank you.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:33 AM

Those of us in the Fenney area are still on the island with nowhere to go and nowhere to shop...
Old 12-24-2020, 07:41 AM

Thank you for the video trip from Lake Denton! I plan to bike this same route later this morning!
Old 12-24-2020, 07:41 AM

Buy the Villages GPS app. The free one isn’t any good compared to the one you purchase.
Old 12-24-2020, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
So when I pick up my cart in Brownwood I'll be able to take the Brownwood bridge and follow Meggison all the way to St. Catherine?
Yes!
Old 12-24-2020, 07:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeint View Post
Those of us in the Fenney area are still on the island with nowhere to go and nowhere to shop...
Well we have places to shop, within 5 minutes from our home, and drive 15minutes to Fresh Market or 1.5 hours to a TJ’s. We leave the bubble to shop 90% of the time, of things we don’t ship to the house.

When we first started coming here we had the grocery in LSL that for us by golf cart was 20 minutes. Most of the square was empty store fronts.

We drove our car to SS where the area was established. Every resident who moves to a new area starts the same as you, until population of the area can support shopping.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Well we have places to shop, within 5 minutes from our home, and drive 15minutes to Fresh Market or 1.5 hours to a TJ’s. We leave the bubble to shop 90% of the time, of things we don’t ship to the house.

When we first started coming here we had the grocery in LSL that for us by golf cart was 20 minutes. Most of the square was empty store fronts.

We drove our car to SS where the area was established. Every resident who moves to a new area starts the same as you, until population of the area can support shopping.
Exactly right. I want to know where people moved from that had grocery stores within a 30 second drive of their house. From Fenney, there are 4 Publix within a 15 minute drive, as well as Winn Dixie, Aldi's, Lowe's, numerous restaurants, drug stores, etc.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:15 AM

Can’t believe the people that took the chance and moved south of 44 to the Fenney area first still don’t have golf cart access to the rest of the villages and the latest part to built out does. Unbelievable and such a phony sales job we got when we built down here. Connectivity for us is going to be over a year later than we were told it would be.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:18 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,755 Times in 3,630 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borkis View Post
Can’t believe the people that took the chance and moved south of 44 to the Fenney area first still don’t have golf cart access to the rest of the villages and the latest part to built out does.
Many weren't / aren't concerned about connectivity.
Old 12-24-2020, 08:19 AM

So you did not go over the Turnpike?
Old 12-24-2020, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,900 Times in 914 Posts

The loop needs some better names . . . how about for a bit of alliteration

the brownwood bridge to
the meggison multi modal motorway to
the southern circle to
up to the forty four flyover to
the hillsborough highway
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge, cart, golf, crossed, brownwood

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.